Masters Running

40s+ On the Run - Dreaming of the Adventure (Wk Ending 11/15/08) (Read 505 times)

Well, it's an absolutely beautiful day here on the ole North Coast. Figures. Blush I'll be very surprised if we don't get out later today, but I'll miss the workshop I was looking most forward to: No Holes Barred Approach to Employee Body Piercings, Tattoos & Dress Codes. Was wondering if they'd have people there as examples what not to do.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie - I could have gone all day without seeing that. Ack! Hope you get to your conference eventually. I've always wanted to check out the Mission Inn, so I'm expecting a report! Mtnchk - you mountain people LIKE that stuff, right? Good for skiing at least. Sore today, not sure why - if it was the 16 miler or the fact that I got home and did a bunch of housework and laundry with the music cranked and a lot of jumping around dancing - maybe the ol' bones weren't ready for all that cross-training! Arla

Ex runner

Ultrachick

Well hello everyone....yeah, that picture of the human pin cushion-I didn't need to see that-nor do I want my kids to see that! Tongue So I got my web site working-it's not quite done yet. You'll be the first ones to know where to find it when I'm ready...... I'm doing OK. Running is going well-I saw a different physical therapist today and he didn't tell me too much I already didn't know about my hamstring, I just have at least a couple more months of specific weight training ahead of me to get it strong and pain free. Good news is that while I was there, I may have found myself a new coaching client Smile Leslie-good luck getting out of dodge. Carol-what's up with running out of sugar? Arla-you're welcome to come clean and boogie at my house anytime! Joe-good luck at the marathon this weekend? (I think it's this weekend) Jewels- nice pictures of the family and I think Jim is MIA in a wheat field. Have a great weekend and sorry if I missed some people. Kelly
        If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Top 'O the World!

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Ultrachick

All right Guys..it's not quite done but you can look at it anyway and give me any feed back to make improvements....my web site http://trainingbykelly.com/ I know one change I'm going to make is the verbage on the home page. This was a premade template which was very helpful to get going with. Anyhow-have a fabulous weekend and I'm going to toot my horn some more....I did a 12 mile long run already this morning (before some serious rain moves in and the temps drop!) and reached running 2400 miles for the year so far. My hamstring is just loving me right now! Kelly
            If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.

Top 'O the World!

Kelly - I can't get in...now, understand that could be trouble on my end....Qwest DSL has been having "issues" for the past few wks....& this am is no exception....will look as soon as I'm able & congrats on the 12!! it's good to be back, huh! MTA: nevermind - IS on my end....
              Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group
                Very nice Kelly......love the purple! Really stands out. Nice 12 miler you got in there this morning and congrats on all those miles you've racked up! Slow running going on around here with me. This past week was pretty much shot. Just too many things going on. So this morning I have the time to run, and my run sucked. I literally felt sick.....it was 75*/93%. I just felt crappy. I woke up in the middle of the night with a screaming headache, took 2 tylenol and woke up this morning with it still screaming, took 2 more tylenol. After my run I felt nausous. Hmmmmm..... I'll try to go out tomorrow for a run and see what happens. Hello to everyone......Cindy the puppy cam is adorable. Jewels
                But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee
                  6 easy miles for me around the Goetzinger trails. 10:11 pace. Nice job on the website, ultra. How about adding some quotes from some of your trainees...and perhaps a photo or two of them. Kind of a "satisfied customer" thing. "I couldn't even spell runer and now I are one...thanks to Kelly!" Well maybe not like that. Roll eyes I don't know what your expectations are for the website, but I think you'll be amazed at the traffic (eventually) and increased business it will provide. Good luck!
                  Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

flatland mountaineer

Some semblance of a running week last week in between storms after taking a week off from running with long days in the combine. 4 short runs for 13 and change most of them in snow or mud. Still don't feel completely well in the achilles but will try and move equipment 7 miles to another farm and run back home tommorow and probably won't run again until we get done. Finally we have an open weather forecast for next week and I will get very single minded about getting the remaining 70 loads of corn or so out starting monday.Hopefully the ground and the corn will be ready by then. Really hard to sit and watch storm after storm take their best shots at you, each one taking a little more corn with it and not a damn thing you can do about it. Appears Leslie finally got out?? Cindy hope the Breck gig yields lots of mula and some turns also!! Kelly nice site, Lynda found it via google before official release. Glad the hammy let you get in 12. Arla looks like you are getting into the meat of your schedule, big miles!! Joe nice job on the hotel rez! Jewels enjoyed your fam pic's, sorry the yucky humidity is back. Carol loved the report frm TMS and race pics. We went to the cup race a couple of years and I was trying to visualize the route. Ev see you are getting in some miles again after your layoff. Enjoying the humor in your posts. Dad ( he's 88 ) at the helm of the combine for a few moments while I shoot vid, Lynda in the other rig (tractor and graincart). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K2N5MiAqxc Bin climbing x-training from 40 feet up.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III