Masters Running

February Masters Miles (Read 44 times)

SubDood

224.2 miles for February, 479.4 for 2015.

Highlight: Skied the American Birkebeiner XC Ski Race (55 km) on Feb 21. Gorgeous (but hilly) trail in NW Wisconsin. Nearly perfect conditions, great people, really fun event. Went ice fishing later that evening -- 2 things crossed off of bucket list in one day.

Just a dude.

7.4 miles for the month.

Did almost nothing but gain weight and try to get through a hammy problem. Quite successful on the weight gain. Not much progress on the hamstring.

/sigh

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

Henrun

48.8 miles for me on this short, snowy month. We had one race-a couple's relay in Tucson-finished 3/3 in AG.

Fewer days than January but a lot more miles: 162!  Thanks.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

rmcj001

Feb started out badly and finished so, so.

101 miles on only 14 days of running.  Montara Mt 1/2 Marathon - slowest 1/2 in 3 years, but good for 2nd in AG 50-59.

Hopin for some rain and better health.

Ray

Sayhey! MM#130

267 miles in February.

2 1st AG in marathons, Melbourne, FL 2/1 and A1A Ft. Lauderdale 2/15.

5Ks Feb.7 (won $50 Grandmaster) and Feb. 8 (Senior Grandmaster)

Gasparilla Distance Classic Feb 21-22.  (30.4 total miles in two days: 3:54)

!st AG in 15K, 5K and Half, 2nd AG in 8K.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

an amazing likeness

Feb: 133 mi

...between the 13F average temp and managing to run more miles than inches of snow (111"), I can only hope for magnificent median (fingers crossed!).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

#artbydmcbride

142.6 miles

Runners run

pfriese

Thanks Carolyn.

February mileage:

Running: 50.6 miles, that was my weekly mileage back in August!

I am sticking to my training plan so the cycling & swimming mileage is good for wintertime distances.

Cycling: 203.2 miles

Swimming: 14 miles

Paul

26.6 - so sad, so sad

1st in AG in Bradford Valentine Race - 6k (3.7 mile) distance -- too bad my heel was screaming at me the rest of the weekend

denise

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Inviting trail Carolyn!

Short month and coldest for Detroit in 150 years.

Still managed running outside every day.

Feb: 290.0 miles

2014: 643.3 miles

Run everyday  streak: 1656, avg 8.1 miles per day

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

131 miles for me - a prime number, but low total due to traveling.  But I ran in 4 different states (CO, UT, NV, CA) and went rock climbing quite a bit, so it was a good month.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ETA:

tetsujin (February 2015) - 136.1 miles

(two DNF's (23k / 27.2k) and four completed marathons walked with the Managing Director of the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club on his way to 500 marathons by the end-of-the-year.

==================

thanks carolyn

evern though I`m a day ahead over here, I`m a day behind on my totals but will get them tomorrow from the timekeeper at a revenge attempt of the same Hakone Pass that DNF`ed a bunch of us slowbies when we got the brunt of a sudden snowfall on the way up. .

I do know that, after only two DNF`s in my first 38 years of running marathons, I not only chalked up three months of consecutive DNF`s from December but got two of them in February for a lifetime PR now of six.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

February: 100.2 mi

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

an amazing likeness

February: 100.2 mi

Was that in 1 run or two? (g)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.