Masters Running

Tuesday June 14 Daily Stuff (Read 495 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I'm still on Thursday's daily after a VERY long and tiring week in NJ, segueing into a long and tiring weekend in Westfield (again). 

But I did want to jump in and say that the Ragnar relay team must have had a blast!!  That looked like a CR all-star team!!

I also wanted to say that DD is finally coming home from CA and arriving at Logan about midnight.  That part is not exciting, but sure will be nice to see her at home again.

I might catch up by the weekend, but will be taking a vacation day Friday to help DW set up for Relay For Life at our highschool track.

OOPS--I guess the relay is NEXT weekend.  Thought I hadn't gotten to the details yet.  the line above should read:

But I did want to jump in and say that the Ragnar relay team will must have had a blast!!  That looks like a CR all-star team!!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Quick fly-by - -

Bye, Jelly Belly!!

OM - We still like to see your smiling face around here.  Glad the job is doing well.

Brought one crutch to work with me today.  It helps when I need to move at faster than a snail's pace.  And speaking of snail's pace, I'm ditching outta work a wee bit early to go pool running.  Later ~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Mari:

Not only are you in the midst of post marathon recovery.  You are also pretty much smack dab in the middle of tapering.  (and we know how cranky we all get during the taper)  do what ever feels right,  Nothing will matter in the long run except getting injured.  take as much time as you need.

Ribs:  Has to be tough trying to do a low carb running thing.  I'm sure you know that when You start eating carbs again, You will almost immediately gain 5 pounds or so in glucose, and the water it holds.  This is healthy weight.  It is just the fuel runners need.  Any runners that go low carb/Atkins type of diet need to realize this is the first 5# they lose quick, and it is the first 5# they gain back.

Finished up a two day high voltage electricity safety refresher.   (Actually what OSHA calls Medium voltage,  1,000-100,000 volts) my boat runs on about 5000 volts.

several gruesome videos. I think the main lessons we learned was "don't touch it"  Shocked  There is some new safety equipment I should order (these classes always cost the state money)  and there are a couple of shortcuts that almost everyone in my industry takes.  (and the instructor says we are better than many) 

got out of class a little early,  8 miles today,  up for work at 4:30 in the AM

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It's hard keeping up here while starting the new job... so much to absorb!

Nice weight loss SpareRibs!

Leslie.. crutches optional is a good place to be!

Jelly Belly... aw  lucky new owners!

Another IRC day here (70's). Early this morning had a nice 8 mile run at 8:16 pace with four sub 8 miles. I'll take a dry 55° even with a bit of a wind.. so nice.

House in NC is listed.. keep fingers crossed.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Maniac 505

Mari:

FWIW I just happened to buy some new brooks shoes today (the shoe store was on the way home from my class) and I was given a pass for this

VIP porta potty  If you need anything from brooks,  It sounds like you can buy it at the expo and get a pass.

pfriese

Evening all.

When I got home from work at 4:30, temperature was 100 degrees. Jumped in the pool and did 40 laps (~800 meters). At 7:30 met Opie at a park halfway between our houses. When I left my house it was still 96 degrees, but by the time I turned off the highway to the park it was heavy rain and lightning. When I pulled into the park the rain was easing up and the temperature was 72 degrees! Opie and I did 4 laps for a total of 7.8 miles). What a great evening run in Oklahoma.

Paul

wildchild

Carolyn

Hey Kevin, good to see you stopping by!  Glad to hear your DD is coming home from California.  My DD just left today to go back to Ithaca NY for a summer job at school. She was only here for two weeks.  Is your DD staying home for the summer?  Does she have a job lined up?  Amazing how nice it is to have them home, isn't it?

Paul, 100° today?  Shocked  Good thing it cooled off before you ran with Opie.

It was in the 80's in Denver today, too hot for a RAL.  So I did a mountain trail run on the way home, where it was mid 60's. And I did a trail that was mostly in the shade, but very steep.  The trail went straight up 650 ft in the first half mile - no switchbacks or anything, but the payoff was a long glorious downhill back to the car.  Total only 2.4 miles at a blazing average pace of 15mm.  Saw a park ranger in the parking lot when I finished, and he was amazed I'd try running this trail.  I admitted to walking the steep part...

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Sorry not to comment on everyone, but a quick flyby before I had el beddo:

50 min of pool running, plus 5 min of core specific.  My speed work - surprised myself.  First attempt, stopped after 45 seconds and thought it just wasn't my night and I would just "run" whatever was comfortable.  2nd - 88 churns; 3rd - 91churns; 4th - 92 churns; 5th - petered out after 30 seconds.  Was very happy with 2-4 as my goal has been to break 79.  Although I could hardly catch my breath after each.  That's okay, though.  Keeping ye ole cardio built up!

The Exercise: Hands up around ears (the arms should be higher out of the water, but I can't do that right now), for 1 minute, "run" as fast as possible.  A "churn" (my word) is L/R (like you would count your cadence).

Night, All ~

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

It was in the 80's in Denver today, too hot for a RAL.  So I did a mountain trail run on the way home, where it was mid 60's. And I did a trail that was mostly in the shade, but very steep.  The trail went straight up 650 ft in the first half mile - no switchbacks or anything, but the payoff was a long glorious downhill back to the car.  Total only 2.4 miles at a blazing average pace of 15mm.  Saw a park ranger in the parking lot when I finished, and he was amazed I'd try running this trail.  I admitted to walking the steep part...

No wonder why we are birthday sistahhhs!!! great trail running there!!

Paul it is always so good to see you here.

divechief, hold that VIP card for us all.

Perchcreek, how grand about your new job. I am still celebrating that great news with you!

Holly, please give yourself SIX months to get performing at 50% in your new job and a year to perform higher. Don't measure your new performance to your high standards of your past job...this is a NEW chapter and you need to give yourself time to learn and adjust....trust me...I have been there...Joking.

2 easy miles tonight, plus some awesome new stretches my Pt friend emailed to me today to help with some "barking" parts of my body.

Plus light weights, crunches and fun thera-bands!!

Ribs, I am very interesested to hear about your diet plan. Please start a new thread.

Erika, you are in between marathons...you deserve that REST!!!!Cool

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Maniac 505

Mari; the VIP pass says it is only good for one runner.  It is a sticker that has to be attached to your bib.    but I have a bib belt that is easy to tack off.......................

Mariposai

Mari; the VIP pass says it is only good for one runner.  It is a sticker that has to be attached to your bib.    but I have a bib belt that is easy to tack off.......................

Cool smart boy you are!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

2 miles on dread after work today.  Very little sleep this week with roofers pounding all day.  Sleeping after work at in laws, then I get up and go home around 5 pm and sleep at home.  Mileage is difficult on our 12 hour work schedule this week, will probably lift Wed. and maybe a short TM run after work, will race my home town 5k Thursday night.  Yes, roofers are done, a little cleanup and they are out of here.  Run well all.

Marathon Maniac #957

The trail went straight up 650 ft in the first half mile - no switchbacks or anything,....... I admitted to walking the steep part...

Well, YEAH!    Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."