Masters Running

Tues Feb 19 Daily Runs (Read 638 times)

Morning, all! dg - good for you!! A 2 miler is a good start - hope you can build from there without any more setbacks. Roy - I envy your coaching relationship - even if he isn't a "good marathoner". Thanks for the kickoff! PDR - my DH and I have the same relationship - his recovery pace is my tempo pace, so we don't run together very often. He slowed down on Sunday as he was about to pass me for the second time, and I thought he was going to run the final mile with me, but he just wanted to tell me he would warm up the car for me. Well, that irked me, so I picked up my pace and stayed on his heels the rest of the way. 7 wonderful, hilly, windy miles this morning - 27 degrees and sunny. It's starting to get light shortly after 5:00 AM here- spring must be coming! Good runs to all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

5@7:46 this morning,just tried to keep a comfortable pace...
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        7 miles starting at recovery pace and slowly easing into 'easy'... BLACK ICE this am, so I slipped and slid my way around the town. Treated to a brilliant and shining sun. Crisp air. Feelin' good, feelin' fine... Good day all.
          went to the gym right after work: 20 minutes arc trainor 20 minutes stepmill 21 minutes treadmill - 2.25 miles a few sets of abs, some stretching -- now time for sleep!! HAPPY TUESDAY!!

denise

Hiya, glad to be here--work was hectic last week, and then got some crushing news about the death of a former colleague. She had moved to NC and was killed during those awful storms last weekend--a branch hit the car in which she was a passenger. I'll have to go back and catch up--looking forward to soundie's report and the rest of the news. Roy--yes, some sad sack training buddy you have there! Good news is managed to get down to Arizona over this past weekend and get in a good long run; tried using the run/walk for a bit and found it effective (I've been nursing an ankle with some tendonitis). Deb--2 miles with awareness, not pain is good. I've been reading a lot about this topic (see paragraph above!) and find several people who sanction going back to running in such conditions. grins, A
            Masters 2000 miles
            SteveP

Thanks for getting us started Roy. Good to read ya Deb. Welcome back Today is Mom's birthday. Though she's passed, we're celibrating at her favorite restaurant. The company that was hiring me in March was on the news last night. The parent company is shutting the business down. The claim is that it's temporary, however, the manager was interviewed and said the shut down does not appear to be temporary. I need to come up with a plan "D". As I can hold off thill the sun comes out, it was in the mid teens by the time I got the run in today. As the wind was strong, the dog and I did an out and back instead of a loop. The wind kept blowing my hat off!!!! The return trip had the wind to our backs and I started counting my blessings. By the time we got back, the dog and I were in good spirits. 4.2 miles. If anyone is lean on snow, we have extra. Simply send shipping.

SteveP

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Steve - aka batman}}}}}}}}}}}}}} Have a wonderful celebration and remember all of the good things about your Mom.

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

dg.

thanks so much Holly, Sue, Aamos, Steve.... I had so much fun. (on a treadmill??? ) It was almost hard to believe it really wasn't hurting. Not sure what to do now, whether to try again tonight. I do want to be careful, thanks for the advice. Aamos... I'm so sorry about your friend. how awful. good luck with your ankle tendonitis. hmm. I usually think that your nursing something consists of running regular marathons. Wink. what have you been reading? Steve, I'm glad you're going to celebrate... that's sweet. Very sorry to hear about plan "C". If we develop a snow shortage, you're the first person I'll call.
                    Good morning runs and workouts everyone! Many thank yous to all who wished me and Mr. Dromedary a happy anniversary. Wildchild, I don't know how hubby got so well trained. I think he was married before so maybe that had something to do with it... Clowning around {{{SteveP}}} You sure have been going through alot. I hope things improve for you. Milestone dates are hard....your mom would be honored that you will celebrate her birthday. Running 3 easy miles after work today. I like tapering! It's a bit chilly for L.A. (cloudy and in the 50s) but I am grateful since it's not snow or ice like many of you must endure.

#artbydmcbride

Don't listen to Dromedary! The conditions in So Cal right now are miserable for running; gloomy, cold, windy, drizzly. Only the most superb endurance athletes will go out in this weather!

Runners run

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

SteveP--sucks to get laid off from a job you haven't started yet Confused Roy--couldn't find anyone higher rated? Wink another annoying run today. Both shins were getting very tight after about 1-1/2 miles, even with extra pre-run and during run stretching. it had gone away for a week after I first complained about it. ended up with the normal round the lake 3.2, but 30 minutes with stretching and some walking. I hate the idea of taking any time off and loosing what little fitness i have. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Don't listen to Dromedary! The conditions in So Cal right now are miserable for running; gloomy, cold, windy, drizzly. Only the most superb endurance athletes will go out in this weather!
                          Yeah, I just checked -- just horrible weather Smile Current - 55F Cloudy Feels Like: 55° Barometer: 30.16 in and rising Humidity: 72% Visibility: 7 mi Dewpoint: 46° Wind: Calm

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

uh oh, . . . somehow sounds like shoulder goddess might have gone for 20 mile run and makes me wonder if the {{{grinnin' goddess’s}}} good long run might have been 26.2 miles through scenic desert vistas and canyons faster than all but one of the 26 entrants in her division. Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Roy, stick with that guy! Steve, hang in there. You will find the right company that needs your talents. Dromedary, belated happy anniversary. PDR, nice run for you. Sometimes you just have one of those days. After a one mile walk to warm up, I jogged 3.3 on dirt. No pain later, so I am now pretty certain that 3 miles jogging every other day will be tolerable, and that is a huge step for me. While I enjoyed all that walking, it is annoying to have so many people run by me! Tomorrow I head to Baltimore for two days of work, then next week it's Salisbury, MD, Bethesda, MD, and then 2 days in Minneapolis. Work has been pretty hectic but I have nothing on the calendar for late March, which will be a wonderful time to be home with the family as the boys will be here on spring break. I am on a bread-making kick and trying to duplicate that great Italian bread from the bakeries I bought from in NY, very chewy, firm crust and a light, lacy, open crumb. Last night's loaf came close, and today I am making the bread that Tammy posted. I threatened her that I will do an entire thread on this loaf if it a) comes out great, or b) if it doesn't! Spareribs
                              Teresadfp

One day at a time

Steve, that happened to me - just after college, an engineer hired me to start the next month, then had to take back the offer because the economy went down the tubes (after oil prices fell from $27/barrel to $13/barrel in 1986). That's why we ended up moving from Texas to Maine. Now I'm glad it happened, since we love Maine so much, but at the time it was painful! After running 5.2 miles on the TM yesterday, it felt so good to be out on the road again this morning! 37 degrees and windy. My running partner and I ran on the 2.5-mile long road where I first began run/walking. It's hilly and straight - one of those roads where you feel as if you're going up hill coming and going, for some reason! Today was the first time I've run the ENTIRE thing - even added a little, for a total of 5.2 miles. I'm briefly ahead of the 1000-mile pace bunny! I will lose a little ground because we're going skiing the next few days, but that's OK, I'll get him again. Have a great afternoon! Teresa