Masters Running

12.27.15 five days before (Read 33 times)

SteveP

Deez, I'm really sorry about DH being laid off Christmas Eve.

I got three runs in in four days. That's OK. 2:00 AM Christmas Eve, our power went out. The same morning, my aunt who was in Hospice care passed. Lots of fond memories there. We spent a nice part of the day getting heat and juice to the refrigerators to the kids. SIL to be was going to hook up their refrigerator to a truck's cigarette lighter. (Goodness do I ever hope it's age related naivety). I got the furnace hooked up just in time to make it to evening services. I wasn't the only on in church with work clothes. One fella changed in the pews. Thankfully he kept the same pants on.

Everyone was still with out power Christmas day. However, we still had the family gathering. During the brunch conversations, the kids were rewarded with a puzzle piece every time they said something that could be related to their gift.

Instead of stuff, we try to make an opportunity for memories. We rented the kids a pontoon boat and jet ski for the day.

Later that afternoon, I hooked up our water to a generator. I was pushing the fridge back in and our power came on. I was OK with that. We went a couple of miles with three dogs and then I went and collected the borrowed generators from the kids.

SteveP

Whew!  I hope they took bathroom breaks, at least...

Beautiful picture, Steve ~~

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance