Masters Running

Thursday start of the holiday weekend runs (Read 431 times)

But they give you really good drugs and you don't remember or feel a thing.  (Been there, done that.)

Good luck to Wildchild and MikeE this weekend!!

Slept in this a.m.  Felt really good.  Got an email from the WS folks giving info about the weekend.  To say I'm getting excited about the three days is putting it mildly.  I'm expecting a good deal of exhaustion and definitely some pain, but I also think it's going to be loads and loads of fun.  Woo hoo!! Big grin

Enjoy your Friday, Friends ~

Been there, done that recently.  Dave, you might want to get it checked out.  Leslie, have fun!

No running for me today.  I hadn't planned to anyway and I'm pretty tired.  If the wind dies down, I'll go for a bike ride after work.  Making progress grading exams at my other job.  I'm grading harder than I had planned.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I feel as though I let the dogs down on today's lack luster run. It started out great, then bam! It was still an hour, but half the distance was a march back to the truck. 

I'm sure we will be hearing from Avenger Doggie about this.   At least I hope so!   

{{{Jade and family}}}  Sad

Love hearing Hudson stories.   He wriggles around just like his momma does I imagine.    Good luck this weekend Karin.

Holly - are you referring to House?   I have to watch it yet .... come on over!!  Afterwards we can sit by the pond and share a bottle of wine.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jlynne

Holly - are you referring to House?   I have to watch it yet .... come on over!!  Afterwards we can sit by the pond and share a bottle of wine.

Don't tell me! Don't tell me! I have it DVR'd from Monday night and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Too busy watching Donald Driver win the Mirror Ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars. That wine by the pond sounds good though. Got room for one more?

(((Jade))) How hard it must be to watch Jade struggle, Tammy. Good luck to you and your family.

Good luck Karin. Hopefully the weather conditions will be perfect.

How lucky Mike gets to spend his week with some of the RA women. Hope you're getting acclimated to the oxygen levels out there!

Opie - are these essay exams? I never seemed to do well at those in college. I always started writing before I organized things in my head and everything came out discumbobulated.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Don't tell me! Don't tell me! I have it DVR'd from Monday night and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Too busy watching Donald Driver win the Mirror Ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars. That wine by the pond sounds good though. Got room for one more?

Always room for more!!      

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Happy Thursday!  (Leslie got me confused when she said Happy Friday!)

Carolyn

Well, obviously I'm confused, too. Blush 

"House" Spoiler Alert!!  Nobody bleeds from any orifice the entire show.  It's a frigging miracle!! 

Just kidding.  I have no idea what happens. Joking

Just got back from PT.   . . . ouch.    Anyway, he gave me this little doo-hickey that I'm suppose to wear for at least 20 min at a time. It slips on to the end of the finger, then you strap it down as tight as you can stand to work on getting the finger to bend.  Cry

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lamerunner

Hello. Good luck to all the weekend racers--Wildchild, Mike E., Karin, and others I am sure I forgot...  i hope you have great weather and swift feet.

Slo, that is great you are swimming!!  I would like to go tonight too but I have to take DD to get some boots for her summer job so not so sure if I will get to it. All my elliptical takes time!    there is always tomorrow.

On that note, basic elliptical workout today, 65 minutes at lunch, about 10 miles. then some abs and PT exercises.

((( Jade)))) and ((( Tammy))

I've lost track of House and used to watch the reruns.  Yes, Jlynne, these are essay take-home exams.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

There she goes again... Big grin

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

I haven't seen TV in ages, guess I prefer to flake out and read for 20 minutes, then sleep.  But I used to love House.

I rented "Hood to Coast" the movie a few days ago.  I didn't really like it.  They really pushed the dramatic, human interest stories to a sickening level.  I would have preferred to see more about the actual race and course.  On top of that, many of the shots show just how congested the roads are with the vans.  Long, long lines of vans moving slowly down the roads.  It made me think the runners would have been sucking a lot of exhaust, I could almost smell it.

I'm envious of Wildchild and her visitors!

Tammy, sorry to hear about Jade.

Tramps, sorry to hear about your mother.  Alzheimers is not the best way to go, but at least she was at home.

I woke at 3am, too early, back to sleep, then at 4am, too early, back to sleep, then at 5am, I thought perfect!  Time for a run.  4.2 easy miles.  Tried to run fast enough to "butt kick" at the end but it just felt awkward and inefficient.

Looking forward to the long weekend.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

SteveP

Love hearing Hudson stories.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Don't tell me! Don't tell me! I have it DVR'd from Monday night and haven't had a chance to watch it yet. Too busy watching Donald Driver win the Mirror Ball trophy on Dancing With the Stars. 

Oh crap!  I have THAT DVR'd and didn't know who won yet.  I can't believe William Levy didn't win....still worth watching though...that man could be my wallpaper any day....Joking

We got mostly through the House, but ran out of time, and DS wanted to wait until tomorrow night to watch the very end.  We have the 2-hour season finale of Glee DVR's too.  Probably save it for our Saturday night show.  I love the DVR.

Mary - someday I really do want to sit on your patio and have a glass of wine with you....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bushrat Runner

I took my stupid broken toe and ran 10.5 miles...it was great. After two days of treating it nice, I decided the vacation was over. Found another fool and off we went. I'm sure I'll know in the morning whether it was an bad idea...didn't feel bad during the run at all but the black bruisiness spread from the toe into the foot an inch or so during the run. Hmmmm.

After we got back to Brooks Camp...I jumped in the lake. Since it is pre-season, I announced on the radio, "Brooks Camp, the Broken Toe Running Club Memorial Swimathon will take place in two minutes." 

What was heard was, "Blah, blah, blah, broken toed cub, blah, blah, blah..."

So people were running out of their residences to see a bear cub, as so far we have only had sows and boars wander through. Alas, they only got a short shivery swim, and most of them weren't so desperate for entertainment that they stayed around for that. 

One difference: I wore wading boots on my feet...I guess it looked a little hilarious with running clothes then these big clunky wading boots made for wearing over stockingfoot waders. But I figure one broken toe is enough for one trip.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After we got back to Brooks Camp...I jumped in the lake. Since it is pre-season, I announced on the radio, "Brooks Camp, the Broken Toe Running Club Memorial Swimathon will take place in two minutes." 

. . .

One difference: I wore wading boots on my feet...I guess it looked a little hilarious with running clothes then these big clunky wading boots made for wearing over stockingfoot waders. But I figure one broken toe is enough for one trip.

rhoon - the last time anyone except bears went in that water and came out alive was exactly 50 years ago when the state's then-senior senator and former governor was pictured swimming in front of Brooks Camp in a National Geographic issue featuring the 50th anniversary of the Novarupta/Katmai eruption. Nice re-enactment by you and start to the 100th anniversary celebration, especially the coming-out-alive part. 

ps - i think you need to start posting more pictures.

thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)