Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 05/29 (Read 409 times)

Dance, even if you have to warn others to get out of the way first.

Enjoy life ~

----------------------------------

Shadowrunner - 10.8 miles running, 100 min free weights, 15 min core

Evanflein - 66.1 miles running, 5.1 miles ellipticalling, 3 miles walking, and about 30 min weighting

Opie - 28.3 miles running, some yogaing, some softballing, and some x-training thrown in for good measure

BTY - 30.3 miles running, some ellipticalling, some coreing, some stretching, some traveling

Marathon Derrick -

Evryday - 8 miles running

Orange Mat - 46.25 miles running, 4.75 miles walking, and 1x yogaing

fatozzig - 35 min pool running, 120 min stationary biking, 105 min strength/coreing

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY PLANNED POOL RUN STAT BIKE CORE/STRENGTH COMMENTS
      Mon Pool Run Stat. Bike    30 min   Forgot my swimsuit at home.
      Tues Stat Bike Pool Run; Core/Strength  1 hr     Different techniques provided a good core workout, too
      Wed Core/Strength; Stat Bike    30 min (pm)  50 min (am) Evening pool run took too much outta me to do a bike ride this a.m.  Will try this evening. Done.
      Thurs Core; Pool Run  1 hr.   5 min  Good, hard pool workout.  Used water dumbbells for resistance training and a new core exercise.  Worked really well.  Will do that longer next time and with smaller dumbbells.
      Fri Core/Strength; Pool Run Stat Bike    30 min 45 min Did the core/strength first, then the bike.  I need to remember to switch these up more often.  Was watching an infomercial for P90X, so made me work harder on the Core/ST
      Sat Rest        
      Sun Stat Bike; Core        
      Totals    120 min 90 min 110 min  

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I've already gotten my mileage back to where it was before the injury, and I just want to bump it up slightly this week, basically the 10% rule.

Day...................Plan....................................................................................................................................................Actual

Monday....4 mi. with the 2nd half @MP...................................................................................................................done-4 mi.

Tuesday......7 mi. easy...............................................................................................................................................done-7.2 mi.

Wednesday...maybe yoga + group bike ride.................................................................................both done-21 mi. ride

Thursday.....lunch 4 mi. easy...................................................................................................................................done-4 mi.

Friday...........5 mi. easy.............................................................................................................................done-5 treadmill mi.

Saturday......11 miles................................................................................................................................9.25 mi. + 0.5 mi. walk

Sunday........rest...........................................................................................................................................................5.65 mi.

Total............31 miles + XT..........................................................................................................................................35.1 mi.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Woohoo, taper! Feeling a little worn out but not injured. Just where you want to be after that last big week.

Monday: 2 miles elliptical (16:10), 15 minutes abs/core

Tuesday: 5.2 miles run at lunch, .3 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 2 miles elliptical (15:52), 15 minutes abs/core; 8.3 miles run and .5 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 5.6 miles on the ultra trail, .4 mile walk

Friday: 3.5 miles run, .3 mile walk, 20 minutes U/B weights

Saturday: 9.1 miles run, .3 mile walk, hours of garden work

Sunday: 12.2 miles run, .8 mile walk, more hours in the garden

Totals: 44 miles run, 4 miles elliptical, 2.1 miles walked, 35 minutes strength training and lots of garden work

Dutchie, what's the tabata workout??

Dutchie42

Hi guys, thanks Leslie for starting the week.

Hurt one of my ribs last week, so not much running, but it's way better now, so I can do some again.

Mon: 20 min run + S90 Tabata

Done! Was out the door by 5h50 Shocked and had a very nice but faster than usual 3.77K run. Gorgeous morning. It was all perfect. Did the Tabata w/o, skipping the warm up. Felt good. Back is still tender. I'm on week 3 from S90. I'm not repeating week 2, cause despite rib issues, I did get 4 out of 6 workouts in.

Tue: 30 min run + S90 Legs

Did a 6.5 kilometer easy run this morning. First saw a fox who leisurely crossed the road totally unaware that I was running towards him. Then 10 miniutes later I saw baby deer!! Never seen them before. Wondered where mama deer was. The run itself was difficult. I had to stretch the calfs a lot. PT treatment always makes my legs not want to run Sad 

Wed: 40 min run + S90 C/Ba + S90 Ult Ball

11 kilometer easy run, which was quite a struggle due to the higher temps and little wind. Why did I wait till 9h30 AM to get my run in? I can be so stupid Roll eyes After a much needed 60 min recovery at home, I added S90 Legs and C/Ba. Nice!

Thu: S90 Cardio + catching a train at 6h30 Angry

All done. Felt great to get the w/o despite having to leave the house over 2 hours earlier than usual.

Fri: S90 S/Arms + STS Plyo

Love the shoulders/arms w/o. Hadn't done the plyo w/o in a while, but it was fun.

Sat: 40 min run + 30 min boxing workout

7.2 kilometer easy run though I soooo wan't in the mood. I was constantly out of breath and had to walk to recover. I just couldn't slow down!

Sun: 60 min run + yoga

Total mileage: 

S90:

Other:

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Run Bike Free-weights Core Comments
              Mon

3.1 miles @ 8:05 pace

followed by 0.1 cool-down

@ 8:24 pace

45 mins UB work-out

chest, back, abds

100 inclined

sit-ups - part of

free-weight w.o.

Tue

4.79 miles @ 8:45 pace

40 mins UB work-out

arms, shoulders

100 push-ups

[40,30,30] and

4 sets of 10 inclined

sit-ups - part of free-weight

w.o.

Wed    

50 mins UB work-out

chest, back, abds

120 push-ups (4 sets of 30)

4 sets of 10 inclined sit-ups -

part of free-weight w.o.

Thur

4.79 miles @ 8:37 pace

temps @ 89-90F

Fri

5.08 miles @ 8:15 pace

temps @ 88F w/60% humidity

Sat          
              Sun

3.4 mile run immediately

after bike ride. 

10+miles

temps already

70F at 7AM.

Total  21.3 miles running  10.4 miles bike  2 hrs 15 mins

free-weights

220 push-ups; 180

inclined sit-ups.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

BTY

Hi Masters.

I planned to race in a 2-miler in my hometown this coming weekend, but I think I'm going to chicken out and run the 15k instead.  This will definitely change the way I plan the week's training runs.  Of course if it suddenly turns hot and sunny at noon on Saturday, I reserve the right to run the 2-miler and get it over with.  

Monday...............................................AM stretch, squats and bicycle crunches

PM 5.25 miles easy, travel

Tuesday.............................................AM stretch, pushups

PM 5.4 miles easy.

Wednesday......................................AM stretch,squats, bicycle crunches

PM travel

Thursday..........................................AM stretch, pushups, 6 miles easy   4.5 miles including sharpening intervals (400's and 200's)

Friday................................................AM stretch, PM 3 miles with strides, 4.5 miles including sharpening intervals (400's and 200's)or rest

Saturday...........................................AM stretch, PM 10.8 miles including 15k race 

Sunday.....(bonus)..........................AM Stretch, pushups, PM 3.0 mile recovery jog with strides.

Total Plan.........................................30.25

Execution..........................................33.5