Masters Running

OT: Woo Hoo (....and why we named Pedey, Pedey!) (Read 188 times)

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/11/dustin_pedroia_1.html .....and his coaches told him he was too little to play in the bigs Big grin Big grin Big grin
    Masters 2000 miles
      Amy did you see that he was actually left off one ballot? Pretty ridiculous if you ask me, although I am a bit prejudiced! Probably some New Yorker that left him off... Wink I found out earlier this afternoon when one of my friends who has a friend that works for the Sox gave us a call. Certainly not too little to play in the bigs, not with that BIG heart!! Big grin
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say this was a baseball thread. But AAmos wouldn't do that, would she? They apparently interviewed the guy who left Pedy off his ballot (He's from Dallas) on WEEI today. I didn't hear it in person, but he had some sort of cock and bull story about how he thought Dustin wasn't a clutch hitter Confused and wasn't very high in OPS and a few other obscure categories Confused Definitely a WTF moment. to top it off, they scared up a column he did middle of Sept, with his guesses for MVP and Pedy was #4. So he managed to drop him from top 5 to off the ballot in about 2 weeks, during which he went something like 10 for 20. Confused Confused Confused Needless to say, the hosts did not think much of this guy's logic.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

And don't forget, that newlywed Youk was third. The Sox may not have won this year but they certainly had some winners Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin Big grin
            And do you remember that in his first month or so as a rookie, he was struggling at the plate and there where cries to replace him at second and Terry said no way...and the rest is history! Fran