Masters Running

Friday, June 17 (Read 496 times)

GOOD LUCK TO OUR RACERS THIS WEEKEND!!

22nd Wedding Anniversary is Copper.    Maybe there is some copper wiring inside that dishwasher PBJ? 

Big grin  And it keeps the slugs and snails away.

Eb aka Hudson is so cute!

Posie - Enjoy the rest.

I was suppose to work out this a.m., but last night's pool run and a late night of transcribing kept me in bed.  Will either strength train or stationary cycle when I get home tonight.

The Hub called Wednesday night.  He wants to stay at rehab another month if they'll let him (If there's room.  It's a small facility with only 20 beds).  Says he's on Step #4, with which he's having a hard time.  He finally admitted he's nervous about being home alone all day.  I don't think he trusts himself.  Although it would be nice to have him home, I had to admit I'm nervous about him coming home, as well.  If he thinks an extra month will help solidify his sobriety, more power to him.

Have a Fantastic Friday, Friends ~

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

I just realized that I just missed that Ragnar group by one week.  Their start is about an hour's drive from Garden City, where my marathons were last week.  Dang.  I could have spent the day cheering them on!  The guy on the bus I rode to the start with on the second day was from Logan, where they start at.  If I remember correctly, he said that you could see Bear Lake--the lake we ran around--from there.  I guess it's just beautiful.  Anyway--good luck to them and everybody else racing this weekend!

Dove

The Dovenator

Love that Hudson

Love that Mariposai is in the Recovery/Taper phase of her training

Love that Derrick set a new 5k PR

Love that MikeE had a great trip and had a smoking Double weekend (and a bit jealous that Tammy gets to meet him before I do)

Love that Erika isn't working so much lately.

Love that everyone here seems so upbeat lately ('cept for poor, overworked Holly)

Sad that I'm not at Ragnar. I was orginally on the team but had to drop because of a work conflict... then my work trip was canceled due to lack of funding but my Ragnar spot  was already fillde by a very deserving runner Cry.  To console myself I signed up for the Vashon Island Ultra tomorrow. Yay! Trails, mud, hills and a ferry ride!

"it's just like having fun, but different"

.....headed out in drizzle this morning, about 6-ish

got to the soccer fields

and

DOZENS of small white shirted kiddos were zooming up and down a rather LARGE

hill at the end of the fields.

or

possibly a midget cross-country team in action

not needing

that kind of pressure

re-located to the Y track and caned out 20min in the drizzle.

but

didn't see a single goose.

since they apparently are Terrified of Midgets

good to know

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

but

didn't see a single goose.

since they apparently are Terrified of Midgets

good to know

I've always wondered why geese don't bother me...

I've always wondered why geese don't bother me...

we'll assume

you aren't a midget......

...I also have the same problem with mosquitoes......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

To console myself I signed up for the Vashon Island Ultra tomorrow. Yay! Trails, mud, hills and a ferry ride!

Big grin

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mike E

MM #5615

Yeah, I was going make a comment about that, too.  She's amazing!

BTY

I will do something like that someday Dove, but it just sounds so beyond me right now I can't get my brain around it.  You go!

I have never had a running streak that went beyond 10 days before this. And I think this streak will be coming to an end soon, because I am all for rest days.   But I did want to share that I have now run 8 days straight, and after going long tomorrow, recovery pace on Sunday and my first 20:00 tempo run of the year on Monday, I will have an 11-day streak.  And since May 26th I have run 21 out of 23 days, and am not feeling any worse for wear.  Sleeping well, some indications of overtraining started to hint to me that it was time to cut back (which I will do next week), but that turned out to be a false alarm, and making sure I'm eating enough, stretching enough, and strengthening weak links enough.

I mentioned on the weekly training log thread that I have never hit 100 miles before the 20th of a month before, and if everything goes as planned this weekend, I'll be at 120 miles on the 20th of June.  WOOT!

Oh, yeah....3.5 mile recovery jog today, then going 12.5 tomorrow morning. 

b

Dave59

Hello from Green Bay.

King of PhotoShop

Anybody remember the "SBUH" pace when you're running very fast?  Loved the Hudson picture and all the comments.

Those Ragnar people are sure having a great time.  Yesterday they put a picture on my FB wall of Breger in a chair and surrounded by all these admiring women, with a caption something like "Eat your heart out Ribs", and is if that wasn't funny enough today they called me and all screamed at me over the phone.  Got to talk to the adorable Debbie for a bit.  They sure are up for a great time and it will be fun to hear the story.

PBJ, you know what would be a riot?  Answer the survey and tell them that you received TWO dishwashers and thank you very much, not sure if you were supposed to send one back or if it's free but you and your family have always wanted an extra one.  What a company!  etc. etc.

Spareribs

Hopeful, that thing is too cute and fluffy to be anything but stuffed and unreal.  Makes me wish I had known my Remi when he was little.

PBJ - a few years ago we had a dishwasher delivered by BestBuy and the guys had the survey right there with them, asking us to fill it out while they were all nicey to us.

PBJ and Mike, I got you both beat, 25 years this summer.  I booked a vacation for the family the week of the Aug 20 and my DH said, oh that's perfect, our anniversary is that week!  I was ashamed to admit it never occurred to me. Blush  How's that for stereotype reversal?

Why is Dove whispering?

Today was graduation day for DS.  Can't believe they made such a big deal out of a grade 5 graduation but I got completely into it, like it was college or something.  First I went to a breakfast potluck in my DD's classroom (grade 3).  Then she took off to go sing in the choir - what?  Apparently she joined three days ago - peer pressure, she hates singing.  Then the assembly, with all the parents I either know or have seen around for many years.  90 kids almost, a huge graduation class, due to the auspicious 2000 birthday thing, there seems no other reason.   Unfortunately this particular elementary splits into 4 different middle schools.  My son will be going to one of the lesser attended ones but joining his friends again in HS.

I had some good news yesterday.  I have a job interview next week.  I am completely FREAKING OUT!  I had one last year, which I guess I bombed, and a few several years before that I either bombed or got offered the job and turned it down because it wasn't really what I wanted.  I have been trying to get into a new field.  Damn it is hard.  I WANT THIS JOB.  I am FREAKING OUT!  I haven't worked for a paycheck in 11 years, and that has been both wonderful (being with the kids) and horrible (being with the kids; neurons growing moldy) all at the same time.  Please, send me some good, I mean ASTOUNDING vibes, I really need this job.

Leslie, I totally understand.  Can he come home sooner though?  Can you make it somehow impossible for him to relapse?

So I was getting all worked up today and thought what I really needed was to pound out some miles to calm myself down and organize my thoughts.  Then I went to the grocery store and just bought some wine instead.  Wink   Tomorrow, I promise.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Enke -  I suppose locking him in the attic for the rest of his life will keep him from relapsing.  Ha!  Not sure he'd appreciate that . . . and it's probably not legal. Smile

Interviewing is hard.  Don't wear a dark top 'cause if you sweat it shows more easily.  Don't drink any milk before you go in (phlegm) or coffee (jitters).  Wear comfortable clothing.  You don't want to be tugging on waistbands and whatnot.  And remember to breath!!  They know you're nervous.  Everybody gets nervous.  But remember, this is what you want.  You tell them why they would be crazy to not hire you.  Now go get 'em!

Was gonna workout tonight, but I spent way too much time on my foot today and it's not so happy.  Ibu and elevation is the order of the night.  Guess I found my limit for right now. Blush

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Wow Enke,.what is the job?? I am sending mega good vibes to you and am freaking a little for you!!! Drink some wine and breathe...don't forget to breath!! Just got back from dinner with mom and a good friend of mine. Lots of giggles and reminiscing. Then home to let the wild pups run around with the big dogs until the mosquitos drove us back inside. Then cuddle time with them, and a milk bone bedtime snack. Nite all!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

fatozzig your DH wanting to stay another month, I have to believe, is a very good sign.  Maybe this time really is the charm.

Dove hard for me to get too teared up here!  Yea, you missed the relay which I agree would have been a ball.  But you get to sub in an ultra!  Shocked.  If only I could pull that off!!

enkephalin best of luck with the job interview!  I really hope you get the offer!  Then I really hope you want to take it!  Wink

Mike E. since you asked, yea a few days ago, I have been unable to run since Thursday April 7 at 3:07pm east coast time.  But who is keeping track?  Joking  The reason I know the exact time is that I sprained my ankle falling down the stairs at the train station trying to make the 3:07.  Uh, yes, I missed it.  Sad   This makes 10 full weeks of no running.

Tomorrow I hope to break the no running streak.  Right now at least my ankle feels pretty good.  Still experience says the odds are long.  Well, there is always the elliptical . . . Writing of which I managed another hour on it today.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/