Masters Running

Taco Tuesdaily, 12.19.23 (Read 38 times)

TammyinGP

I tidy up hotel rooms, too.

Tammy--I'm on the edge of my seat. How was it resolved? (Remind me to tell you the story of our recent crazy neighbor experience when I have more time.)

So does my husband! drives me crazy. He's quite OCD.

He makes the bed (not 100% made, but pulls sheets, bedspread up, pillows straightened up), folds towels and puts on counter, throws soap bar, or shampoo bottles away. It seriously looks like room service has already been done, except for emptying the trash cans. I'm no slob at a hotel room, but used towels can just be on a pile on the floor and why make the bed only to have the cleaner strip everything off?

Tammy

BTY

I had a good swim at the club this afternoon and started to feel like I'm getting my stroke back. 

Yay!

Yesterday I changed my work schedule, from an 8:00 to 4:00 shift, to an 8:30 - 4:30 shift.   As long as I'm going to be swimming in the morning, and can't actually get there by 6:00 AM, I may as well make the switch and have a better chance of getting to work on time.   Yesterday was also a rest day, so I didn't get a chance to try it out, but today I had a very long swim (long for me), and I was able to get back to the (home) office in time to be considered on time.   I did about 2,200 yards of pull and kick drills first, 100 yards at a time, and then had a main set of 3 x 200 yard freestyle.  I had set a goal of 2:50 per 200, with 2:10 of rest in between repeats, but I had to settle for 3 x 2:57, still on 5 minutes, and I'm actually pretty pleased with that.  I was sharing a lane, as was just about everyone today, and the lane dividers were pretty lax, so the chances of colliding with a neighbor, or at least a divider, were kind of high.  Kind of like driving on a wet road at night, it makes you slow down a little bit even if you don't really mean to.  Giving up about one second per 25-yard length seems pretty reasonable for the sake of safety.

After that main set I did a few more kick and pull segments, then before finishing up with a 100 yard freestyle, I swam 4 x 50 yard freestyle distance per length drills.  No, not like the real ones where you try to completely minimize the strokes; I just accentuate the glide each stroke, and it results in cutting the number of strokes from around 15 to 12 or 13.  I do them in 43 seconds per 50, with the balance of each 60 seconds as rest.

My target was 4,100 yards but because I've been feeling some pain or discomfort or something like that in my left leg during breaststroke kick, I skipped those during the back half of the workout, and finished with 3,900 yards in about an hour and 30 minutes.(1:28:23)

This has been a wonderful advent season, with my granddaughter and all.  I didn't realize that at 2 months old she would be as interactive as she is; that she would be smiling so much, listening to us talk and sing carols for her, and so mesmerized by the Christmas Tree lights and ornaments!

bioguy

My goodness, it is busy in here today!

One more day with students this week, then all staff have meetings/trainings Thursday. I am the grinch teacher who is still teaching material this week and not giving students movie periods or total down time. Isn't that what the winter break is for?

I like Willie Nelson though I dislike the majority of country music. I'd like to watch the PBS show about the growing divide in America, but truthfully, all I have to do is look at Facebook for 5 minutes and see what our local chapter of Moms for Liberty is up to and I click out.

Came home today and rode the trainer for an hour.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Sorry Tramps, but I agree with 2Cat on the poison   Many other predators eat the mice.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

This has been a wonderful advent season, with my granddaughter and all.  I didn't realize that at 2 months old she would be as interactive as she is; that she would be smiling so much, listening to us talk and sing carols for her, and so mesmerized by the Christmas Tree lights and ornaments!

Sweet!!!

Jay - 80 minutes of knee and core!!!  I'll live trap rabbits and release them miles away.  I'll use deadly force for mice and ground squirrels.  Poison is off the table. Could you imagine buying a mice pie and having it recalled because some of the rodents ingested poison?

Tramps - I'll be watching at least one of them shows. Kacey Musgraves has a really really Willie nice Christmas song with Willie.

Rochrunner - snork!

I do miss getting the pictures off of a SD card and transferring them onto an external hard drive.

Erika - I hope you are pain free soon.

Moebo -The storm damage sounds awful.

Enkephalin - Congratulations to your DD.

Those claws look festively lethal.

Tammy - That is a perfect resolution.  No wonder you are so respected.  I used to work in a hotel.  Wehn DW and I check out, I make sure a cleaning person is tempted to skip changing the sheets between guests.  These people are pressured to get in and out of rooms quickly.  If a room already looks clean, they are very tempted to not put fresh linens on.

Monday, our local schools closed until Jan 3rd because of illness.  Three of our adult children went into panic mode.

The new position at work is taking a bit of getting used to.  My letters to suppliers are pretty formal.  As I get more used to things, hopefully, they will become more relaxed.

I got 1 mile on the mill followed by PT again.  There was a price to pay afterwords.

I was going to make a desert for our company potluck.  I'm going to see if any of our local shops have mice pies on sale.

SteveP