Masters Running

Hump Day 2-4-15 (Read 33 times)

Hey, TwoKitty - Re your Drunken Irish Soda Bread - is there a non-alcoholic substitute for the Irish Cream?

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

rasmussenmp people have festivals for ice!  Ice!  Sun, okay.  But ice!    I just want winter to go away!

tetsujin209 those pictures of the falls look great!  They look especially great because they look like they are some place warm!

I agree that the pictures of the falls looked so inviting.

Twocat, we just had a Winterfest celebration this past weekend. Unfortunately the ice fishing tournament was cancelled though. It seems our January thaw weakened the ice a bit too much. My co-worker's fish house and 4wheeler went through the ice on Friday night. The "Deep  Freeze Dip" went on as planned on Saturday with about 30 people jumping one by one into a hole in the ice. They kept the spectators on shore due to the earlier mishap. Oh well, February is almost 1/7th over with now!

I haven't had much news here, just running a mile on the track at the Y and lifting a few weights. I have been to spinning class 3 times now and MrStarr went with me last night. It was all new to him and the instructor was the easy one. We will be back tomorrow for Jon's tougher class.  We had 6" of snow Saturday/Sunday. They decided to cancel church after most of us on the worship team had been there early to practice. The roads were pretty bad so it was the right decision.  We have been trying to clean out the freezer so we can get a smaller one. The pizza we cooked for the Super Bowl was pretty awful but we are making a little progress. I have been working on the ice cream ...

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Leslie,  I have a friend just like that, only she has no plans to race,  despite logging 50 miles per week.   I keep telling her she is going to crash and burn,  but she never seems to get injured.

Erika,  the fat bikes are all the rage here, too.  But I think half the attraction is being able to say you're "rolling a fattie".

Twocat,  I thought everyone our vintage had an old fondue pot in the back of our cupboards.

Got in 6 good miles in the falling snow on slippery streets  after work.  Almost sproinky!

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Mariposai

Happy  snow running to all my friends back East.

Here I am in full Orchards in Blooms planning, so much to do, so little time to post.

4 recovery miles on the TM tonight, then two hours of working on logistics to the race!

Glad to see that Taper Boy is having fun in Japan and that he had a chance to see the Russmussens.

Posie Hugs to all.

Cheers

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

seems our January thaw weakened the ice a bit too much. My co-worker's fish house and 4wheeler went through the ice on Friday night. The "Deep  Freeze Dip" went on as planned on Saturday with about 30 people jumping one by one into a hole in the ice. They kept the spectators on shore due to the earlier mishap.

Starr - somehow that’s really funny imagining the plungers

walking out on thin ice hoping it won’t break so they

can make it out far enough to the plunge hole

without falling through just to jump in anyway.

However, one of the first ones I did was off a dock into the ocean way over my head.  I much prefer the Seattle style of just running in from the beach deep enough to duck you head under and then get out quick.  Maybe I'll be an Eskimo next time, . . but I like my fish-loving Japanse stomach too much to give it up.
            The winter festival in early February in those days marked longer daylight hours

and was kind of dreaded by all of us skiers,

except for the upcoming spring skiing in March and April.

the Super Bowl was pretty awful

I agree, . . . and so does everyone else in the world

on the worst coaching call in the history of the Superbowl.

They're talking about having a parade for the players

in Seattle but not inviting the coaches.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I posted by mistake on Tuesday's thread so copied to today/

That's okay, I went back to read you there. 

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."