Masters Running

Wet Mondaily, 10.30.23 (Read 39 times)

C-R

Thanks for the start Jay and sorry people are under the weather. Get well soon.

Left rainy Nashville at J o'clock and traded it for rainy San Antonio with a high of 42. Interesting. No workout yet but perhaps a Peleton one after dinner.

Good discussion on Medicare. Not there yet but lots of things to be aware. Always learn something in here.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

BTY

Good evening, Masters!   A "soup and sandwiches for dinner" day around here.  After work but before dinner, I got over to the pool at the Y for my last swim of the month.  I had planned to swim 2 miles, including 16 repeats of 150 yards  (50 back stroke / 50 breaststroke / 50 free) on 3:30, which would have been 2:20 swim / 1:10 rest, plus additional rest after each group of 4 reps.   Well, I got off to a great start with a 2:15, and while that happens fairly regularly, I usually go "Wow, too fast!" and ratchet right back to 2:20 or so. But this time I was doing the same effort throughout the reps and landed 10 straight 2:15's (with a few 2:14's but nothing slower than 2:15).   When I got the 10th one, I felt that I should stop there instead of continuing on to the end of the main set.  So I blew off about a half mile, but I think it was for the best.  Remarkably, even the rep where I got a mouthful of pool water and gagged for the next 25 - 35 yards of breaststroke-into-free was 2:15.

BTY

wildchild

Carolyn

Carolyn, perhaps medicare advantage plans are different when it comes to medical care if traveling, or perhaps this is a recent change, because the med adv plan that DH will be enrolling in covers emergency medical care worldwide for a $120 co pay, regardless of in or out of network coverage.  We don't travel much anyways, but it's a nice option to have incase we got in a car accident/brought to a hospital when we do travel out of our area.

Oh, sure, all insurance plans cover emergency care in any location.  Even our insurance prior to Medicare did that.  But say you have a winter place in Arizona or Florida, like many retirees do.  You'd have to go back to your home state even to have a routine medical exam or test.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Wildchild -yep. Emergency care even covered when we go to Japan but nothing else.

Roch - neat follow up link. I think they screwed up on the total ban on kings affecting sockeye so much as their different spawning peaks are associated with some differences in abundance peaks in fishing areas plus sizes can be different socan use smaller mesh openings on the nets that won't entange, at least,  the larger kings. You didn't get to do any fishing,  though, did you?  If you go to SE Alaska, go out on my DD's boat or, better yet, find Murray in kitimat

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Good workout, BTY.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

TammyinGP

Oh, sure, all insurance plans cover emergency care in any location.  Even our insurance prior to Medicare did that.  But say you have a winter place in Arizona or Florida, like many retirees do.  You'd have to go back to your home state even to have a routine medical exam or test.

okay, I follow what you mean now.  that wasn't even on my radar since we don't have a second residence nor do we go anywhere except maybe once every few yrs to Hawaii.

Tammy

SteveP

Jay - Thank you for a fabulous roundup.  (((((DW)))))

(((((Holly's DH)))))

Santa - Get back into your lane.  You're in a no passing zone.

Tetsujin209 - Thank you for the nutrition tips.

I got 3 on the mill then PT.  I have the week off.  I spent the day putting up the bulk of the kid's Halloween trail.  We have the terrific trio on Tuesday AM.  It may be tough to keep them corralled before they come back a beggin'.

SteveP