Masters Running

Simply Saturday, 5/31 daily (Read 38 times)

Mariposai

Go racers go!!

5 miles for me meandering on the streets of Bothel.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

4 sunny miles on the streets of Seattle for Jeanne/Jan

good luck

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sayhey! MM#130

good morning/good afternoon.......listening to "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me."  You know the host is a runner?  He writes for Runner's World now and again, and just ran Boston as a guide for a sight-impaired person.  Just enjoying the humor and the lingering endorphins after the long run .   Isn't it just one of the best feelings?  And did you have any time to process yours yesterday, Holly?  sheesh, what a day!  Good run, at least.

Oh Starr, hope you are still enjoying my old home.  So many folks to say hi to, I shouldn't single any out, but Emily Wheeler a race director now, I do believe.  She's a super person.   Any older members of the Black Hills Running Club?

Thinking of Jan, Jlynne.     And you.  Let us know how you are when you have a chance.

tet, wish I was there!  I would have run the last 4 miles of my run today with you ANd sprung for some fabulous Seattle coffee.  Any chance you'd be in San Francisco for the marathon weekend July 25-27??

serendipity: didn't know it when we moved here, but we live one mile from the local Starbucks that is host to many meet-ups by runners.  It has a large parking lot, is near a college and decent streets for running.  I usually end my long runs there and almost always find someone to chat with over "recovery beverages."  Happened today, and a running friend introduced me to a triathlon-ing couple, very peppy and fun.  Got in 22 at a 9:15 pace (omitting a few breaks--I'm not a purist, I turn off my watch when I stop).  DH was out with his rw chums on Sanibel doing 10 race-walking miles and seeing a sunrise so spectacular, they stopped to give it their full attention.

Happy Weekend and last day of May to you!

grins,

a

ps:  5 in a row now!!  

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

...and a Gracious GoodMorning//.......

==========

.......29mpr

deo

.had to use the belt, ironically it makes for faster time

................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

That show "Wait, wait..." is a scream. I never miss it.

4.4 miles today, with one mile walked at 14:36 and 1.5 miles run at about 11:15 pace.  That's my longest so far.

Or you can retire to California where...
            1. You make over $450,000 and you still can't afford to buy a house.
            2. The fastest part of your commute is going down your driveway.
            3. You know how to eat an artichoke.
            4. You drive your rented Mercedes to your neighborhood block party.
            5. When someone asks you how far something is, you tell them how long it will take to get there rather than how many miles away it is.
            6. The 4 seasons are:Fire, Flood, Mud, and Drought.

Spareribs

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Still sending out positive thoughts for Jan and Jeanne and the rest of their families.

out for 3.1 lake loop miles this morning.  Cloudy at the start but nice and sunny shortly after.  actually made it under 10mm.  Nice to see the summary page with more than 1 VERY wide bar on it.

DW and I celebrate 34 years of wedded bliss.  At least on my part.  Haven't asked DW her opinion yet.  Celebrating with a Sox game tomorrow.

We've started the fun and joy of getting DW a new car.  her 1998 outback is just about to hit 200K miles and we hope to be able to hand it down to DD.  Who is coming east for the summer and staying at the Maine camp.  Outbacks have grown substantially in the past 16 years and when we went to look at new ones, DW thinks they've gotten too big for her to feel comfortable driving.  So next step is to peruse slightly less new and see if there's an intermediate size that works.  Anyone who wants to offer recommendations for Outback equivalents would be welcomed.

Hope you had a chance to watch last night's game, Amy.  Very entertaining--Sox lost three managers over the course of the game.  tonight may be entertaining

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

King of PhotoShop

But they did win their fifth in a row!  Happy anniversary.  Spareribs

Dave59

Breakfast and grocery shopping with Cindy and then a 6 mile run. Then I cut the grass and went back to the store because I forgot to get stuff for dinner tonight. Our younger daughter has been visiting with us this week and she leaves tomorrow so I wanted to make something she likes for dinner.

Our older daughter and her husband closed on their house yesterday so they are now home owners.

The kids are all grown up.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Anniversary Kevin and Mrs. Kevin!

Stunningly beautiful day here.  I did a short recovery run this morning, then tackled the weeds in my flower and vegetable gardens, then ran some errands with DH and DD.  Later DD has another softball game, and it will be a lovely night to be outdoors watching.  Love, love, LOVE this weather, low 80's without much humidity.

I just realized today that next week is the 50K I am running - Another Dam 50K.  Somehow I thought it was in 2 weeks.  I suppose I ought to taper or something....

5 recovery miles for me this morning.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

jlynne, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister, Jan.  I hope that medical science and her good condition bring about a good recovery.  My thoughts are with her, you,  and the rest of the family.  ribs, I loved the AZ comments.  I passed them along to my brother and sister in law who winter in Phoenix.  My brother in law says they are all true.  stumpy, happy anniversary.

Nice long runs for Holly and Aamos.

This morning, it was in the mid 50s and there was a light wind.  I got in 8 miles at an 11:28 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

You Know You're from TheSouth If...

===========================

1-Weddings are planned around SEC Games

2-Anything under 70-degrees is a ''Mite Chilly''

3-You can tell Where another Southerner is from as soon as they start talking

4-Any bottled soft drink is called a Coke

5--When the first snowflake lands, the town is paralyzed for three days,

6-  you know there are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live here

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey ribs and tw, do you have one for Indiana? I might need to think about that.

Still saying prayers for Jen and Jlynne.

Nice tapering Holly. That 50k should be fun. No chance to join. Soccer tourney.

Happy anniversary stumpy. I know what you mean as I married way above my charge and have been very blessed.

Busy day today. I doubles for the first time in a while. That will happen more often since it seems to suit me. my girls travel team won their game today and are league champsFootwear group of kids that dug deep. We get promoted to a higher division next season. My boys also played today and officiated two games. Doing well at both. I mulched between games and removed four bushes. It's been busy and I'm now sitting down to read a good book.

Have a great one and World Cup starts in 12 days. I'm so excited. Go Germany and go USA. I get to root for both my countries but am conflicted when they face each other this time.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I just realized today that next week is the 50K I am running - Another Dam 50K.  Somehow I thought it was in 2 weeks.  I suppose I ought to taper or something....

I think we can add--you know you're hanging out with serious runners, when someone forgets about a 50K.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

tet, wish I was there!  I would have run the last 4 miles of my run today with you ANd sprung for some fabulous Seattle coffee.  Any chance you'd be in San Francisco for the marathon weekend July 25-27??

I've entered it before but no SF this year  Have fun.

However, post run, or anytime, coffee with you and the gang would be nice.

Remember when you were in Seattle where residents

1.  Know more than a dozen words to describe a cup of coffee,

. . . have drunk most of them and think $5 is cheap.
                              2. Are amazed by an accurate weather forecast.
                              3. Are “normal” but have many “weird” friends.
                              4.  Never not go running just because it's raining.
                              5.  Never not go do anything just because it’s raining
                              6.  Know the difference between “painted” and “naked” cyclists
                              7. don't consider it a mountain unless with year-round snow or recently erupted.
                              8.  Stand on a deserted street corner in the rain waiting for the light to change.
                              9.  Obey all traffic laws EXCEPT "keep right unless passing."
                              10. Only honk if a collision is imminent, NEVER for anything else
                              11. Not only know what lutefisk and lefse are but have eaten them.
                              12.  Know that chinook / king, pink / humpy, chum / dog, coho / silver, sockeye / red

. . . are all two names each for the five Pacific salmon.
                              13. Know how to pronounce "Sequim", "Puyallup" and "Spokane" and “Oregon.”
                              14. Know who said “irregardless” in the Supreme Court.

Holly's gunn a do a "leslie."

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Happy Anniversary Kevin and wife!!

David and I had a fabulous time in Eugene for the Pre Classic. What an outstanding event to attend and witness.  Friday night was distance night and the last event at 9:15 p.m. is the 10,000m. I'm sure you all know by now but Galen Rupp broke the american record (which he set in 2011) with a time of 26:44. If you get a chance to see a re-run of the event or anything that shows the last couple miles of that race, it's phenomenal to witness. The crowd at Hayward seriously electrified that entire stadium. such a thrill to see that.

this morning, David and I were up at 7:00 to meet his HS running coach for a workout on the Amazon Trail. I thought the plan was 5 or so miles, but like most coaches, he worked David harder than that. this particular chip bark trail has a one mile loop and 1000m loop, so after a warm-up, Coach and David and another coach friend of his did intervals on the 1000m loop. I did my own thing on the 1 mile loop, but did join them on one set of intervals, which were being run at a 7:20 pace! that's why I only ran one. lol.

David got in 7.4 miles. I got in 6 miles.

and then an afternoon of watching more great racing. So many new records were made today and in the final and most epic event, the Bowerman Mile, 14 of the 16 entrants ran sub 4's. dang!

Tammy