Masters Running

Tie Dye 50K (Read 500 times)

WTG Holly!!!    Mud, obstacles, obstacles on mud, hills and all for 31 miles....  YIKES!!  That's 74 hardcore trail runners.  

Congrats on finishing and happy you were not injuried.    

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

I was talking to one woman and said that I was planning to run Another Dam 50K on June 4.  “Oh yeah?” she said, “Which one?”  “Another Dam 50K,” I said.  (That's the name of the race.)  “Yes, I understand,” she said, “but which one?”     Joking

Puts me to mind of a certain Laurel and Hardy skit. Smile

Fantastic job, Holly.  Sounds like the Hagg Lake 50k  Mud Run up in Portland, OR, in February.  And yes, all that mud and muck is very exhausting.  But you came through like a champ!!  Congratulations!

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Congrat Holly on your victory over the mud, low hanging trees, rocks, roots and water.  Now I know why I stay on the roads.. Big grin

Great running as usual.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Mariposai

Holly, your race report was so inspiring! The pictures are magnificent!!!

Don't you just love the environment of the ultra world? they are so casual and fun loving.

What a magnificent race!!!

You will be so ready for Equinox!!!

Big grin

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

The trails look like they would be really beautiful with dry conditions! Maybe next year... Congrats on finishing a tough race. Greta RR.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

What a way to HTFU 

Very inspiring!!!

SteveP

coastwalker

Puts me to mind of a certain Laurel and Hardy skit. Smile

That's what I was thinking too!

Fantastic racing, Holly! It takes a good supply of moxie to endure that distance under those conditions, and still finish looking strong. You've clearly got no shortage of moxie... Congrats on a greta run, and thanks for the most excellent 4-color race report.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

dg.

All I'm trying to find out is what's the guy's name on first base.  Smile

Holly this is just amazing.   I do not know how you do it.      all kinds of strong.     thanks .... I loved your report.          Congratulations!!!!!

Tramps

Awesome effort, Holly.  This sounds very tough with high injury potential. (Just one slip on a mud-covered root....)  You did great!  Congratulations.

P.S.  PB&J sandwiches always make me feel better.  And I don't mean in races.  Smile

Be safe. Be kind.

Wow Holly. When you look up the definition of "tough" in a runner's dictionary, your picture should be there.  I only wish I had half the guts and fortitude that you have. Great race - and the pictures say it all. Thanks for sharing your experience.