Masters Running

Baseball haters thread (Read 363 times)

HELLO, all you b####### haters! WHY IS THERE SO MUCH TALK OF , can't even say the word, IN THIS THREAD?? apathy would be a better term, but that suggests that I should be more interested in b####### than I am. Which is clearly not true. Next time I have insomnia, I'll just log on and read all the baseball sidebars, that'll do the trick in about 30 seconds.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

Enke, you're right. how about indifference? I don't hate it because it makes other people happy. (that was sincere) SRLopez, true. maybe it's like sitting on one or the other side of the aisle. you can still lean a little one way or another. you missed your musical reference. perhaps.
        Baseball Con: Slow, slow, slow Baseball Pro: Nice butts in tight pants!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Gee, sorry to be an offender in the daily, but everyone has different interests and all--if we start saying none of this and none of that, it might get rather tense, no? I just ignore stuff people mention that doesn't interest me.
          Masters 2000 miles
            oh my, lured out of lurkdom again. This is my kind of thread (also looking excitedly for the golf one). You are all free to join my People for Escalator Etiquette group (PEE) I have recently founded, too.
              Aamos, we all love you. I love how you know so much about baseball. This is all tongue in cheek (is that the right expression??) Perhaps I am secretly jealous of the baseball talkers.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

yay, hi soundie! does pee have a website? Aamos, i've been thinking about you through this. enke's right, we all love you. I agree, we just have to ignore the stuff we're not interested in. ... part of the issue for me, is that the most rabid ( Evil grin )( Wink) baseball posters are people that i value highly, so it's hard to ignore the post in case there's any good stuff in there. it's just the price i'll have to pay. -) sorry everybody, i'll be much less chatty when i'm over this bug.
                wildchild

Carolyn

I agree with Deb - the most "rabid" baseball posters are also some of the most valued forum members, so those of us that aren't interested in baseball just overlook their "rabidity". (is that a word?) I think that's why none of us has complained before, until yesterday, that is. But yesterday's daily was a hoot, so it turned out OK. Big grin

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I agree with Deb - the most "rabid" baseball posters are also some of the most valued forum members, so those of us that aren't interested in baseball just overlook their "rabidity". (is that a word?) I think that's why none of us has complained before, until yesterday, that is. But yesterday's daily was a hoot, so it turned out OK. Big grin
                    Thanks for overlooking my "rabidity", but I don't post much stuff about baseball.? Confused Wink
                    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM