Masters Running

The 9/2 daily. Time to plan that 3 day weekend! (Read 439 times)

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Biked 28.  A bit warm (88F) but tolerable on the bike.  Sweet Road is about 6 miles of uphill grade but flying down Rt. 20 afterwards is worth it.  38 mph on one section and 42mph on another.  Yeehaw!

Now Skip...., don't go breaking my pacer's neck down those hills...Smile

evanflein

Slo, that was great. Really captured the spirit of the sport.

Good luck to the racers this weekend! Orange Mat, that means you, too. (really, I hope all goes well and you have fun!!)

4 miles in 34 minutes today, nice and easy. Felt a little warmer than I was expecting with the sunshine, but very nice out there. I can't wait for the 3-day weekend!!

Good luck to our Weekend Racers!!

40 min of the "Stable Body" DVD this a.m. (weights/stability ball) with a 5 min wu/cd.  My ab muscles are feeling it.  A power walk at Headwaters is planned for the a.m., then a visit with Shorty in the afternoon, then church in the evening.  Sunday will be sanding and priming the bad spots on the house to get us through winter.  Monday, I plan to pack a picnic and drive wherever my little car decides to take me.  I need some Away From The House Me Time.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

That was awesome Slo_Hand...Perfect! I ran indoor and outdoor track in high school and college only to be in shape for cross-country. My favorite season by far! The kiddo is into his second year of high school cross-country and I think I am more excited, but not by much. Just love it. He also has a hockey games every Saturday night, let's just hope he remembers what gear he needs for each event. ha!

Ran 12.4 miles this morning---gorgeous cloudless day and just ran steady and easy. Track workout on Thursday was pretty tough, but it's feeling easier as I go.

Maraposai, you actually met Iron J in NYC before the marathon.Dr. J. is equally lovely. Four Js in my running bubble. Dr. J. is progressing well and I am going to drive her up to Keene, NH tomorrow so she can see her daughter run her first cross-country race as a collegian. She said she is just so happy to be alive---one week after her stroke---tomorrow is also her 51st b-day. She can walk pretty well, but does stumble a bit, her left hand is regaining its control and while she jumbles a few words every now and then, it's amazing how far she's come in just a weeek. Thanks for all the good vibes.

See you Monday in New Haven Twocat!  Good Luck to all the racers, and yes having fun is priority one.

Yikes Karin - so glad Dr. J is progressing so well but scary to think this even happened to someone so young and so healthy!!  Please give her birthday wishes and prayers for many many many more birthday celebrations!!

Fleet feet to all our weekend racers!! 

Had a wonderfully generous and decadent send-off from my night friends last night -- the kind words, beautiful flowers and amazing amount of food as they indulged both my healthy and my chocolate passions was beyond words!!  I will miss them greatly but am so ready to begin life as a day nurse!!

Donated blood before going home - hospital is having a shortage of 0+  blood (never a good thing going into a holiday weekend) so I was happy to be able to donate.   Kept my activity to a minimum today because of that - indulging myself and staying absorbed in "Born to Run"

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend my friends!! 

denise

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

RTYP racers!

Wow Slo!  You are a good writer.  That was awesomw. I can even see it!

First weekend in the past 4 without a race... ahhhh.... uh ... only a 22 miler in H&H Sunday

8 miles this morning with 3 tempo effort

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

SteveP

Sounds like fun Tall

Well put Slo... poetic.

You rock Leslie.

Go Dr. J! Right on.

As I'm updating my resume, there is a temptation to put "Raving Lunatic" under the section dedicated to Management Skills.

SteveP

As I'm updating my resume, there is a temptation to put "Raving Lunatic" under the section dedicated to Management Skills.

...never thought I'd say this

but

Resist that Temptation.......

....rest day.........poolrun tomorrow

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

That would a huge plus in the right job.  Now to figure out which job . . . . .

Grilled chicken, corn on the cob, and Romaine lettuce (olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, a couple of min on the grill - yum!) with roasted root veggies for dinner tonight, enough to last me the rest of the week.  I needed a healthy dinner after a visit to the vet with Goofy that cost $142.48.  And we thought cats would be less expensive than kids.  Ha! Especially since I need to go back next week with Chico.  *sigh*

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Maraposai, you actually met Iron J in NYC before the marathon.Dr. J. is equally lovely. Four Js in my running bubble. Dr. J. is progressing well and I am going to drive her up to Keene, NH tomorrow so she can see her daughter run her first cross-country race as a collegian. She said she is just so happy to be alive---one week after her stroke---tomorrow is also her 51st b-day. She can walk pretty well, but does stumble a bit, her left hand is regaining its control and while she jumbles a few words every now and then, it's amazing how far she's come in just a weeek. Thanks for all the good vibes.

Thanks for the update on Dr. J. What a lovely lady she is! I am so glad to hear that she is doing well. Butterfly hugs to her from me, please.

ohh BTW, I am so envious of you seeing the twocats on Monday...lucky girl you are!!!! Wink

13 miles for me in this lovely day. After work I decided that I needed to do my LR tonight before I have to leave to the woods tomorrow. While I enjoy running trails while backpacking, I also know that this weekend I am being scorted by two boys who are wild about Mt. peaks (my DH and our pal Dr. Joel) so I know what is ahead of me...hike 8 to 10 miles per day, set up tent, cook, then hike some peak, next day up early to welcome the sun at another mt. peak, hike, cook, repeat...ohhh this will be fun!!!!

After running I got back home to yet another box of cherries....Surprised...so watching Gran Torino while pitting cherries! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard