Masters Running

RR -- Get Yer Rear in Gear 5k (Read 311 times)

HermosaBoy

That little squirt in the picture ran 16:37? Very, very impressive!
    That 6'1" little squirt?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

That 6'1" little squirt?
      oops, guess I was looking at wrong one, but impressive nonetheless
      Age 60 plus best times: 5k 19:00, 10k 38:35, 10m 1:05:30, HM 1:24:09, 30k 2:04:33
      HermosaBoy

oops, guess I was looking at wrong one, but impressive nonetheless
        You must have been looking at my 4'9" little squirt that ran 20:29... Proud Papa. Big grin

Rob

Wowzers.......that was a solid race. Congrats on the PR and breaking the 17 minute mark. Thanks for the report. I got a little concerned when you mentioned the walkers coming down the road. Thankfully it became a "non-issue". Joey
          Vista
          busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Congrats on huge PRs! Breaking 17 minutes is amazing! That first mile in the 5K is tough to get just right. I think everyone can relate to that panic feeling when you see you've gone out faster than expected. I'm glad to hear you leaned into it for great results.
            -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
            also on Twitter
              Hermosaboy, Very late congrats but what a race!!! You are one speedy dude. I am hoping to go under 17 this year late fall after the marathon schedule, but your time is way awesome. Congrats to you and your son. Those are extremely fast times. You are sure ready for Boston. Good luck Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

awesome race!! so cool having your son out there and doing so well!! my 18 yr old runs cross-country and we're trying to get the 13 yr old into it too!! will have to show him these pics!! congratulations to all!!

denise

Mariposai

Handsome boy...like you said...you accomplished a MAJOR goal---a sub17. and I celebrate that accomplishment with you. How does it feel?????????

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

HermosaBoy

How does it feel?????????
                    WONDERFUL!!!! Big grin

Rob