Masters Running

Terrific Thursday 4/7/11 -- Daily (Read 535 times)

fatozzig, you are in my thoughts.  Positive vibes going your way.

TomS

dg.

((((((((Leslie)))))))))

lamerunner

{{{{Leslie}}}}  I hope things improve.  Take care of yourself.

Renee the dog

3 easy miles just now with Renee.

More {{{ }}} Leslie.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

OrangeMat

MM #6177

{{{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}}}

6.45 miles with the ladies in the afternoon, making for a nice and unplanned double today. Tomorrow will be an EZ effort with my friend Larry and then I'll be all set for the 5k this weekend. No expectations so there will be no disappointments. Or at least that's the plan.

Here's some more hugs for you, while I'm still here: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Henrun

Thank you all-Marj and I appreciate your warm congrats.

((((((((((((LESLIE)))))))))

Maniac 505

(((((((((((Leslie))))))))))  talk if it helps later,  when and if you are ready too,  Until then ((((((((((((Leslie))))))))))))

No run today,  Helped a friend move.  always stressful,  glad it's done.

SteveP

Yeah Byll and Deb!!!!!!

Orange Mat!! If you were to consider buy one of those pictures, you'd be justified.

mmmI might get some dark purple nail polish just in case I do Boston.

Sweet Henry and Marge tooo!!!!

I like WildChild's idea of a vacation. Before DW graced my life, I back packed a lot. Once, I went solo for a week and only toted water...No food...Too much work. 

Yep—it’s that camaraderie that makes it for me.  I have not met too many runners that I have not liked.  It’s funny—I would do just about anything to help another runner become the best runner they can be—even if it means making them better than me!  And I haven’t met too many runners who wouldn’t do the same for me.  And the really cool thing is that most of the kids I see in this sport are the same way.  Watching my son in high school—now college—cross country and track—it just amazes me to see these guys “fighting” back and forth—doing everything they can to beat each other—and then be genuinely happy for whoever wins.  Yep—this is a cool sport.

Butterfly Wings Rock!!!!

Your run sounds fun Erika.

Good that you got out Bobev.

All the best to you, Leslie.  Wish we could be there in person to offer whatever we could, but know that there's a huge batch of positive thoughts and energy coming your way. Cry

(((((Leslie))))) You are admired, respected and we care a lot about you. You are loved more than you'll ever know.

It was a longer day at work, when I got home DW had dinner made and we agreed to a walk. DW's former sister in law came over with her dog and joined us.At one point, the dogs were blasting down the road on opposite sides, then crossing over back and forth. If we could get them to do that on command $$$$$$$ 

SteveP

HermosaBoy

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

{{{{{{{{Leslie}}}}}}}}  My thoughts are with you.......

Congrats on the anniversaries for the Regers and Henry and Marj!

Did an easy 5.2 miles after work, on tired legs.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

Mariposai

Great speed work Tamsster!!! wow...you are getting speedier by the day.

Erika, how sweet of your DH to come to your rescue. 

Leslie, we are here for you.

4.5 miles during a yet another cold, windy spring shower. The weather got better 5' after I finished....got to be smarter than the weather tomorrow.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

{{{{{{{{{Lesile}}}}}}}}} prayers for you

2 miles today  23:40 a little faster every time I get out.  My first race was at our church, being a former athlete I thought I could run 3 miles easy.

I set out to run 10 minute miles, easy right, we took off and I set what I thought was a 10 minute pace, wrong, at the first I am at 7:30ish, I better slow down, I need some water.  I start to drink the water, not knowing that I am not coordinated enough to drink and run at the same time and proceed to barf,upchuckand vomit for the next mile.  I ended up with a 36 min. 5k, that was 1991.  I didn't really begin running until 2001, 2# DS was getting ready to begin his freshmen year, short and dumpy like his old man.  Then he got his growth spurt, going from, 5' 3" 140lbs to 5'11" 109 in about 8 weeks.  I decided to run the CRIM after he prodded me for about a month, but told him I would only run the 5k, you have to be nuts to run 10 miles.  The day of the CRIM we got there early so we could see the start of the 10 miler, our race was 2 hours later, As one of the runners who ran all the CRIM's sang the National Anthem a hot air balloon took off carrying a huge American flag, what a sight.  With that 6k runners took off, and my path was set we would run the 10 mile race the next year.  I have lots off friends now that are runners and think of them as my closest friends. My son ran Cross and Track in high school, and I was asked his Sophmore year assist  the Cross team as well as coach the sprinters and throwers on the track team.  My son has been out of school now for 6 years and I still get hugs from all the kids I coached when I see them out and about,  What fraternity we belong to.

HermosaBoy

4 miles easy in between races at the track meet.

Unfortunately, the youngster got caught up in the moment and shot both of his races down in the first lap of his first race.

When you are hoping to run sub 5, probably not a good idea to get out the first 100 in 15 seconds.  His splits went like this:

1:10.82

1:14.62

1:20.99

1:21.81

I think there was a large gorilla on his back for those last two laps due to lactate buildup in his legs.

Short recovery time for the two mile didn't help and he ended up running about 50 seconds slower than hoped for.  It was windy and he never looked comfortable.  Oh well -- it's early in the season....

Rob

Slo

4 miles easy in between races at the track meet.

Unfortunately, the youngster got caught up in the moment and shot both of his races down in the first lap of his first race.

When you are hoping to run sub 5, probably not a good idea to get out the first 100 in 15 seconds.  His splits went like this:

1:10.82

1:14.62

1:20.99

1:21.81

I think there was a large gorilla on his back for those last two laps due to lactate buildup in his legs.

Short recovery time for the two mile didn't help and he ended up running about 50 seconds slower than hoped for.  It was windy and he never looked comfortable.  Oh well -- it's early in the season....

Hehehe....don't mean to laugh but there's a lesson in there. Those last laps had to hurt !

DD did alright, Just a stride from 3rd place. she got outkicked.

HermosaBoy

Hehehe....don't mean to laugh but there's a lesson in there. Those last laps had to hurt !

DD did alright, Just a stride from 3rd place. she got outkicked.

Those last laps looked painful.  The ones in the two mile looked downright pathetic.  He got beat by people he should not have...

Rob