Masters Running

Sunday 9/18 runs and whatever (Read 444 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Tall, those are some smoking fast intervals!  What's for dinner?

Tramps, good work, sir!  Big grin  I agree with Holly - if you're passing someone, it doesn't matter what they call you. Way to show up those youngsters!

MikeE, sorry you weren't happy with your time, although most of us would have been thrilled with a sub-20.  I guess you're just getting old...  Wink Nice picture of your granddaughter scoring the goal yesterday!

12 mile trail run today in Golden Gate Canyon State Park.  Tired legs - not sure if it was the firewood cutting yesterday, or I'm not quite used to the altitude yet from a week at sea level.  Anyway, it was a gorgeous day and the aspen leaves are starting to turn.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

...wildchild//............TOTAL Envy........what a great place to run...

YAY ribbs//.......and to think we were worried about you, nice job.

mikeE//.......this is a tough crowd,

you need

to bleed,

get off course,

or

be attacked by a goose to get Any Sympathy

also, don't bust 20

=======

...32min trailrun RCNG

it was so easy I wanted to do more.

having FallenForThat a few times, I didn't

yet.

BUT IT WAS WONDERFUL///////

.......................good running guys............RunWithWhatYouGot........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

So much great racing this weekend. I ran the HM of the Yonkers Marathon-"The race the running boom forgot." There was a casual air about the whole thing, which belied the course....It's a hilly one. 1:32:22 (I had wanted to run sub-1:32): My Garmin got screwy so I had to run the last four or so miles the old-fashioned way....trying to catch the person ahead of me. I was pleased but a little surprised when I passed the 12-mile marker....I though I still had 2+ miles to go. Oh well. 39th OA and 5th or 6th master.

Mike E

MM #5615

mikeE//.......this is a tough crowd,

you need

to bleed,

get off course,

or

be attacked by a goose to get Any Sympathy

Oh, believe me, I do enough feeling sorry for myself that I don't need anybody else's sympathy.  But thanks for your concern.  And thanks for making me laugh...again!

Nice job, Walt!

King of PhotoShop

So let's review:  folks who are disappointed in their races snag 1st place honors (you know who you are).  Now Mike turns in his worst 5K ever on a sandy course...at 19:40! Shocked  I have to start doing worse in my races, so I can improve....or something like that.

I accept the scolding.  But Mike was way worse than the rest of us.  Spareribs

I am still exhausted from the Reach the Beach Relay.  I had a great time!  Having Mariposai along helped make this about the most entertaining two days I have ever spent in a van!  From what I can tell she probably thought the whole thing was at least okay.  But she can tell you first hand.  Those wanting details and pictures can see them all at the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club blog.  As for me it is time to get some sleep.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

No run today, legs and back a little sore.  Probably got to much sleep last night, went to bed at 10:00 and got up about 10:00.  Cleaned pool, shed, and varnished a chair for DS2, watched Lion's and back to bed to get back to my 3rd shift schedule.  Will lift in AM and run in PM about 3-4 miles.

evanflein

4.1 miles today at a nice easy 8:40 avg pace. Legs feel fine, no soreness or owies, just a little tired. Always makes me wonder if I should've pushed a little harder, but then again, I don't like to suffer so wouldn't have done it anyway. Another beautiful day here.