Masters Running

Saturday June 11 Home-and-Gone-Again Runs and Whatnot (Read 539 times)

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Light traffic here today!

Had a fun trail run with dAAve in Ann Arbor.

We ran 13.3 miles of single track trails on the Potawatomi trail in Pinckney, MI.  Beautiful with constant ups and downs and a few hit the side of the trail for incoming mountain bikers.  Took about 2 hrs 15.  Temps in the 50's.

Here were are after the run (and new clothes):

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

I am sure we will hear the war story from Avenger Doggie....

What a day!!! When me and Mom got up today, dad wasn't there. I didn't hear him get my racing shirts, so I was scared he went run run run with out me. He was outside and the front of his truck was way up high! He was standing on a step stool so he could reach what he was working on. He was filthy filthy dirty and it looked so fun. He did not look like he was having fun and he said some words that Mom hollered on him for.He took so long that Mom went bye bye and she told Dad he had to have a bath before she got home! Why is it that when we have great fun, we have to have a bath tto??

I got to dig lots of holes when Dad was working on the truck. He put the front down and we went for a bye bye ride.....right past the ice cream store where the pretty girls all know me! We went to a place where Dad gets stuff to put under the front of the truck! We went past the ice cream store again. Dad goofed around for a little while, then put the front of the truck back down. I was bored bored bored!

Then me and Dad went bye bye again. We went down a new road and I got all rexcited! We stopped att a house and a lady digged in her yard and gave Dad some flowers in some pots. Dad said they are "Iris's". I think she will want them back.

Then Dad went someplace else and when we stoipped there was lots of places to dig, but I had to stay in the truck. Dad came out with a big big plant. He said it was a "Burning Bush". It didn't look nurned and it didn't smell burned.

Then we went to a road we only go on some times! When we stopped, I knew where we were and we got ready to run run run! I took off like a crazy dog and Dad did too! I ran very fast though. There were lots and lots of chimpmonks!! There were critters way up high too!! I would really like to know how to go way up high in trees, I made sure all the critters stayed away from Dad because he gets scared. I got a really good stick and went to tease Dad with it. He grabbed for it, then he told me to drop it.

That's not how the game works! He told me to drop it lots of times. It made me sad. I am a good boy and Dad was hollering on me. He held on to my face and was telling me I was a good boy. He still wouldn't play "Gimmie that damn stick". He kept asking me if I was OK.  I kind of had an ouchie, but it was no big deal. I'm a runner you know! So we went run run run some more.

When we were done, Dad took me to the lake and washed my face and tummy and it mad me sad. I don't like baths. Dad took me home next..After we stopped at the ice cream store!!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

Great job Mike!!!

Perch- Pot trail is tough course they run a marathon in spring at that track.

Ran  a little 5k in Lakeville this AM 31:47, 30/55 OA, 6 AG fastest time since surgery and best since 09.  Racing again Thursday in local 5k, clydesdale div.  Working OT next week so mileage will be down, quality over quanity.  Run well all

Mariposai

Great to see that Perch connected with dAAve. dAAve, welcome back from the Orient.

Avenger dog, you rule!!!!

Great race Marathon Derrick. Great to see you progressing so well.

4 hours of working on the hill side of my property. The war against the wild, nasty yarro has began!. Then I spent about 2 hours readying under my grape arbor waiting for the sun to cool a little bit before I headed for a 12 miles bike ride and the quads are barking now! Lovely weather, lovely route by the river. 

Hungry now. What is for dinner?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

BTY

You guys are inspiring as always.  Happy Anniversary Dave.  Talk about inspiring.  28 is great.

A little disappointed this morning - was supposed to go for a 14-miler at 6:00 AM, but I woke to the sound of my gutters overflowing and water running where it ought not run.  BAH!  Spent the morning cleaning Silver Maple Tree seed pods out of the gutters for the 3rd Saturday of the last 4.  ERF!!

Moved a lot of drainage stone too.  Then spent the afternoon at a birthday party for a friend of my wife whom I barely and since I am an avowed introvert, I made small talk with the chips and dip all afternoon (along with various cheeseburgers, cakes, pulled pork sandwiches, beer, etc).  Escaped at 6:00 to tackle that long run, but with all of the discomfort from improper eating, it was a struggle, and I stopped at 11.3 miles instead of 14.  The good news is that I was shooting for 40 miles for the week, and I have a few extra miles in the bank from earlier in the week, so a 3-mile recovery jog will put me back in rarefied (for me) air again for the first time in 2011.  Completed 11.3 miles in 1:38:45, an 8:45 pace.  Coincidentally, 1:38:45 was my time in the Half Marathon in 2009, and I am aiming to beat that this year (October).  It will be a challenge.

Near crisis here...DW has a birthday next week. What rhymes with couscous, veneer and Charlevouix?

MooseMoose, sneer . . . and I have no idea how to pronounce that last word.

An Avenger Doggie sighting - yea!

Mike - CONGRATULATIONS!!

No workout this a.m., but I did help Karen move today.  Thankfully, she had an army of people, and everything was moved to her new place within a couple of hours.  Then she, her mom, and I unpacked box after box after box after . . . . . about 8 hours of moving and unpacking.  The best part - I was on my foot quite a bit today - with and without the crutch - and it's feeling pretty damm good!  A minor burning sensation, but I'm pretty doggone happy with it right now. Smile

Posie - Check out the thread I posted re a virtual choir.  I thought of you especially when I was watching the two videos.

Okay - I need to get something to eat.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Posie - Check out the thread I posted re a virtual choir.  I thought of you especially when I was watching the two videos.

Come to my house to be nurtured my dear one!

Wow, that video is amazing. Just finished watching the first one. 

Thanks for thinking of me.

We are all about finding the symphony and rhytm as we touch people's lives!

And loving people right were they are at!!

When is it that  as human being we became shy to say to someone...I love you brother, I love you sister! as my ancestors used to do???

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

A very un-Mike-like run for me.  Dude, you rock!  About 10 miles in about 2 hours, not the miles I had planned but definitely the time on my feet I wanted.  My lower back was really hurting for about the first half.  It had a few spasms later, too, so I'm all ibued up now.  I shouldn't whine but we've all had not-so-great runs, and it helps to share it so I can move on.  No running tomorrow except at softball, hopefully to at least first base!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

When is it that  as human being we became shy to say to someone...I love you brother, I love you sister! as my ancestors used to do???

I love you, my Posie Lady!!

Leslie
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

SteveP

MooseMoose, sneer . . . and I have no idea how to pronounce that last word.

A minor burning sensation, but I'm pretty doggone happy with it right now. Smile

Pretty doggone happy is pretty doggone great!

SteveP

Smile

Leslie
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance