Masters Running

Bear Lake...and Bear Lake RR (Read 600 times)

Maniac 505

Thanks for the report Mike.  wonderful getaway with the son.  Wonderful races, and that Posi is a smart lady!

I really enjoyed reading it.

Dave

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Congrats Mike on a very well run weekend.  Both with you feet and with your son.  Rest up, you earned it.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Mariposai

20 years from now...the race report will be forgotten...but the memories you were able to create with you son will be THERE!

Congrats!!!

Now...plan another trip with him!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

But I will never forget this trip and I’m pretty sure he never will either.

I kept thinking that as I read and recalled your posts prior to and during your adventure together.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

SteveP

Outstadning racing Mike, especially so for back to back marathons!

But most important was the quality time you were able to spend and enjoy with your son.  Thanks so much for sharing your experieince with us, Ihaven't had the chance to keep up with the posts lately, but I was really looking forward to your report and am so glad I was able to read it.

I hope this is just the first of many more rewarding trips with your son.

Posai knows what she's talking about doesn't she! Wink

Congratulations on the marathons, Mike, but more importantly, congratulations on your trip with your son.  Hoping this weekend's trip is just as joyful for you.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

There are a lot of marathons but only one Eric.  Good job, dad.

+1

Fabulous racing, btw. Wink

Seriously, I enjoyed every word of your report and I'm glad I saved it to read when I wasn't rushed (more). Wink Congrats to you on the double and thanks for sharing your story of the time with your son.

TammyinGP

I'm so glad I scrolled down the board to see what the topics were while I was gone on my vacation and saw your report. This was fantastic Mike!! I thoroughly enjoyed the race reports, but especially enjoyed the 'road trip' report with your son. Mariposai is a wise one and I'm glad you found a nugget in there that resonated with you.

Congrats on running such great doubles! just amazing!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Here I was all excited reading about your races, and then I teared up a bit as I read about your time with your son, thinking about the poem you wrote.  It's all relative, isn't it?  Awesome running on your part, and to run the second day faster than the first - amazing!  But time re-connecting with your son - priceless.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Very inspiring.   Both about the double marathons, and Bravo, Wise Man, about the son.  Also, I loved the parts about your "new best friend", and the lady who gave you the shirt to wear.  What a runner you are.  Thanks for sharing!

Great RR, Mike.  Running is about meeting challenges with grace and determination.  Life is pretty much like that also.

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm on a roll with these pictures...plus not a whole lot going on at work...

This is on the first day...

I think this is my all-time favorite race photo of me because it shows how much fun I was having just yucking it up with a couple of guys...

And, finally...this is at the finish line of the second day.  As much fun as I had those two days, I was glad to be done...

evanflein

Hmmm, for some reason, the photos aren't showing up?

There ya go, that's better! You sure had nice weather... the guy in the blue looks overdressed.

Mike E

MM #5615

Dang!  Just when I thought I had this all figured out...

Okay...how about now?  Are they up there?

Marathon Maniac #957

Look at those abs!   Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."