Masters Running

Thursday June 16 Runs, Etc. (Read 448 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow only 13 posts today (I think I got the count right)!  Where is everybody?  Me?  I am on the DL so I got an excuse.  What is everybody else's?

A run is one of my favorite ways to see a place and it has been a long time since I was able to do that.

Well, I worked out a little bit with the weights, did some stretching, ate supper, and then started catching up on uploading some pictures to facebook--that's where I've been.

Twocat--how long has it been since you've been able to run?

An unusual day for me - didn't want to run, or even walk, but by 3:00, and a root beer float for a snack, I gave myself the lecture, and got out there, and Just Did It! Not far -probably under 2 miles, but I was glad I did.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good job Woods Lady! I had some gal pals over for snacks, drinks, and puppy play tonight. I guess I better get to bed If I am going to run pre dawn tomorrow!! Nite all......

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Ran our local 5k this PM, probably 250 runners and walkers present.  The course was changed because part of it was under water, from last nights rain, normally we run down main street, then through in-laws sub and mile 2 to 3.1 is through park.  They ran tonight race as an out and back down mainstreet and sub.  I placed 5/8 in clydesdale div 220 and up, 30:36, 9:53 per mile, This is my best time in 3 years, as my weight is dropping so are my times,  226 pounds today.  The winner in my division would also have won the 50-55 div, his and mine.  I did see my mother and the rest of our relatives just before mile 1, they were there for the parade afterwards, and saw my father-inlaw at 1 mile mark at his house.

DW stayed home she is having some bad days at hospital, with all the surgeries being scheduled after school is out.  Eldest DS presentation went well at Pepperdine, he was very nervous, hopefully this might lead to a permenant job at some University,  youngest DS had physical to hire back in to GM truck assembly here in Flint, he is unsure he will take the position if it is a temp job, he would lose his benefits from Pacific Sunwear and the wages at GM is a little better but those benefits are important.  Run well

Mariposai

Ran our local 5k this PM, probably 250 runners and walkers present.  The course was changed because part of it was under water, from last nights rain, normally we run down main street, then through in-laws sub and mile 2 to 3.1 is through park.  They ran tonight race as an out and back down mainstreet and sub.  I placed 5/8 in clydesdale div 220 and up, 30:36, 9:53 per mile, This is my best time in 3 years, as my weight is dropping so are my times,  226 pounds today.  The winner in my division would also have won the 50-55 div, his and mine.  I did see my mother and the rest of our relatives just before mile 1, they were there for the parade afterwards, and saw my father-inlaw at 1 mile mark at his house.

DW stayed home she is having some bad days at hospital, with all the surgeries being scheduled after school is out.  Eldest DS presentation went well at Pepperdine, he was very nervous, hopefully this might lead to a permenant job at some University,  youngest DS had physical to hire back in to GM truck assembly here in Flint, he is unsure he will take the position if it is a temp job, he would lose his benefits from Pacific Sunwear and the wages at GM is a little better but those benefits are important.  Run well

Congrats!!!

Weight lost sure helps with better race times!

Sorry to hear about DW's long day at the hospital. I so know those days!!!!

Wonderful news about the good presentation your DS gave to Pepperdine. I wish him good luck.

Nite all...and yes...I spent the whole day without any physical activity. Roll eyes

I wish I was with Mary's girlfriends celebrating her and enjoying the puppies!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

50 min of pool running plus 5 min of core specific, then a nice dinner and chat with my buddy, Karen.  She helps to keep me grounded when things get tough.  Great lady, the best of friends.

Off to get some transcription done, then I need to hit the hay.

Nite, all ~ Sleepy

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I got home a little later than planned, did some clean up around the house and then headed out for a short run. Sure felt warmer than the stated 68° out there, especially in the sun. But I ran 5.6 miles at a pretty good overall clip. Lungs felt "thick" so I should probably check the pollen counts out there. Leaving tomorrow mid-day for Anchorage. I like this not working much stuff.