Masters Running

Let us run with OrangeMat her first marathon! (Read 548 times)

Dave59

I'll take mile 8.  My first marathon was in the desert of Las Vegas and the course had a gentle incline until mile 8, and then 10+ miles of all downhill.  So 8 is a favorite of mine.

CNY beat me to the punch.  How about mile 9 in honor of being the first downhill mile of my marathon.

No good advice from me.  I was under trained and missed the last few weeks of running because I hurt my foot.  My marathon was more of an 18 mile run followed by an 8.2 mile survival trek to the finish.  

Send me a text when you get to mile 8 9 and I'll start running. Cool

TammyinGP

I'll take MILE 4 - because probably about as far as I can run these days!

My first marathon was Seattle Rock and Roll and I had the best company! Aamos decided to keep me company the entire race. She certainly didn't have to and she certainly could have run a MUCH faster race, but she stuck by me and did a great job at keeping my mind occupied with her conversations, stories and just simply being there. I was pretty warm and tired and hurting during that last 10K but she helped me through it.

I'm sure I don't need to remind you to double check that you have your timing chip secured to your shoe. I mean who would forget to do something like that right?? Joking

Tammy

I'll take whatever mile is still open . . . or double me up with someone.  You can never have too many friends running with you. Smile

I did a marathon after a couple of 50ks, but no matter.  What does matter is trust yourself, trust your training, and don't get caught up in the frenzy and go out fast.  Soon you'll be picking those folks off like they were standing still.  And like it was recommended before - don't be wandering all around The Kingdom the day before.  Take advantage of sitting and relaxing with your feet up.

Oh - And don't eat fiber-laden foods the day or two before. Big grin

Was it here or a trail race?  He or She?  Not sure, but someone else had folks running virtual with him and he wrote the miles and names upside down on his bib so that when he looked down at his shirt he could see who was running with him at that particular moment.  I thought that was pretty cool.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

Keep them coming folks,

and remember, it is more than OK to have two, three or four runners running with her at any given mile!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Look for critters and get 'em get 'em and make them run run run!!

I will like to have Mile 17 please. It's by the critter Kingdom and I would like to stay there.

When you are done and are a good gorl, make sure you get ice cream. If you are bad, then you will have to have a bath.

Yay!  I get to run with a dog, too!  And I didn't know we'd be running by Animal Kingdom then!  This is going to be good.

(no ice cream for me though, I have to have my cholesterol checked soon)

coastwalker

'Nother thought: The first 2-3 water stops in a large race tend to be very, very crowded. So take a disposable water bottle with you at the start and use that for hydration instead of stopping in the first few miles. You can just cruise past all those runners jammed up at the water stops. By the time you've finished the water in your bottle, the field will have thinned out and it will much easier to grab a cup and go at the water stops.

Have a blast!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Mike E

MM #5615

If I have recorded this correctly--miles 7, 25, and 26.2 are still available...just so you know.

Dove

The Dovenator

Give me mile 7 if it's still open (or any other that is available.)

Set two or three alarms tonight... nothing is worse than fretting that your alarm won't go off.

Any time you are starting to think dark thoughts about how much it hurts or how you hate running, smile. Maybe even laugh out loud. It's amazing how easily you can turn your attitude around by simply trying to look like you are enjoying yourself.

"it's just like having fun, but different"

I'll take 25.  Like I said at that point in the Carlsbad Marathon, "This is the best part!"

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Okay - If 26 and.2 are still open, I'll finish up with her and make sure she SMILES BIG Big grin for the camera!

Leslie
                      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Okay - If 26 and.2 are still open, I'll finish up with her and make sure she SMILES BIG Big grin for the camera!

And make sure she doesn't look down at her watch.

ok - they all might be taken by now, but I am joining those of you doing that last 1.2 with OM!!  I keep adding those .2 on to many of my runs because you OM are such an inspiration to me!!  Keep smiling and enjoy every step!!Big grin

denise

C-R

Since it seems there are no NASCAR fans in here I will take mile 8 which passes by the Richard Petty (all bow) Experience.  Sorry OM, no racing that early in the monr but there will be a couple of cars out front for viewing pleasure.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                            "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mariposai

Taking mile 7, because I know that Dove and I can dance the whole mile with our racing queen!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I realize I'm getting in this late........

Put me down for miles 1-4.

I figure since I've never met OM in person, we can get acquainted while waiting for the starting gun....Then have a nice chat while starting off slowly and getting settled in. 

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM