Masters Running

Wednesday 9/6/23 Short Week Runs and Workouts (Read 41 times)

Hey friends - couple of crazy work days so just got in my walking between the garage and the hospital both days and over 10,000 steps both days!! Looking forward to a morning run even tho it is expected to be unseasonably soupy again!!

denise

Too good to be true.

After run yesterday my PF was fine. A little sore when I went to bed. Could barely stand on that foot this morning. It looks like I'll be drastically reducing my running for another week or two. The track meet in 4 weeks (800/1500m) will be like the last one I did, where I ran about 5 miles a week for the previous 4-5 weeks. I managed 2:55 and 6:03 just getting up off the couch and running, so maybe it won't be as bad as I think.

Tet; welcome to my world of disassembly, moving, re-assembly! I've found it a lot easier to take things almost totally apart to move them in smaller, lighter pieces and re-assemble them than try to muscle them through in one piece, or heavy pieces. I also utilize that cool invention; The Wheel, whenever I can.

130+ Caveman Wheel Illustrations, Royalty-Free Vector Graphics & Clip Art -  iStock | Stone wheel, Caveman fire, Rock wheel

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mariposai

Hello friends, this is a crazy work week for me as I am putting together, what I think,  my last affordable housing development project proposal before I retire in 5 years ( yes, it takes that long to put the developments of low income housing to the ground).

No running today. Running  up Kermel grade on Monday while it felt great made my shin splint 😠.  Got to be careful,  marathon is a month away.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Thank you for the start, Holly.

No feet on the ground, look at her go!  And how on earth did Magnolia get to be 3?

I'm not sure how that happened.

Tammy - Enjoy the cool, crisp AMs.

Amelia Island sounds lovely.

Tom White - I wish life were a different kind of hectic.

My oh my!  It's a Falcon Fixer Fly By.  Good to see ya buddy.

BTY - Good luck with your lighting.  I'm not much for telling a person what to do, however, do not mix duck eggs with your concrete. Trust me on this.

Only ikea sofa left down in the ground floor apartment to bring up much easier than moving across town and, though longer than the bed that barely fit in the elevator (100 inches vs. 82 inches)

All you need is "barely".  Moving furniture to the upper floors of an apartment doesn't sound fun.

Hi Butterfly Lady!

I set out for 3 miles.  I called it after 1.2 then did the PT thing.

My new replacement has taken a lot off of my plate in only a month.  We'll see how it goes.

One of our suppliers screwed up a stock order of exterior doors.  Ugh.  They did much better with the rework and replace.  Only 75% of that order was screwed up.  One of my concerns is, I'm one of three people who would have caught the error.

I keep telling myself not to send an angry email.

I think I got it right this time:

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

huh? I have lots of pictures flying along like that,  . . . but I'm usually falling down.

Snork!

My new replacement has taken a lot off of my plate in only a month.  We'll see how it goes.

Nice!  You deserve a little help there - you work way too hard.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."