Masters Running

Groundhog Day, 2.2.15 (Read 35 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - nice racing!

As for the insurance costs, I just added up our medical, pharmacy, dental costs, and health and dental insurance costs for last year and it totaled roughly $16,000 - yikes!

No run for me today, just 30 minutes of weights and core.

Only 4 more weeks until March!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Nice racing, Leslie!  I agree with others that snarky comments should be kept to yourself - you never know what someone else is going through.   Better to make encouraging comments if you see someone struggling, or ask if they need anything - food?  water?  S caps? (This applies to ultras, obviously, not short races.)

I had a warm 8 mile run in the desert near Red Rocks Park west of Las Vegas today, in shorts and singlet!

So did the groundhog see his shadow? Or did that all get eclipsed by superbowl news?

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Apparently there were conflicting results.  Punxatawny Phil saw his shadow, but one on Long Island(?) didn't.  But the only thing these ground hogs will see is teeth   DW makes these every GH DAy and they're yummy!

We have had what appears to be more than 15" of snow so far.  Pretty tough wading to get to the bird feeders.  2 hours of shoveling was my workout today.  Of course, I'm now doing some of the work that I brought home that I should have done this afternoon.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

For the record - no snarky remarks actually came out of my mouth.  Slid around in my brain a few times, but never exited through the Portal of Regret.  Generally, I'm too slow to think anything but "good for you!" for the other guy if I'm passing them, 'cause usually I'm the one getting passed and I know exactly how it feels.   On the other hand, I couldn't help but feel a smidge of "Woot Woot!" a few times on Saturday.

And also for the record - those cookies look deeelish!

Marj and Henry - My inlaws winter in Yuma, AZ.  My SIL's been bragging about the fact that they're supposed to get in the 80's this week.  Enjoy the rest of your trip!

These pics are from last year, but it was the same beautiful weather and course:

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Just stopping in to say hi.  If I said anything else, it would just be complaining about a long and crappy day...so, I won't.

See ya!

Mariposai

No snow here - Casa Grande ruins halfway between Phoenix and Tucson.  Haven't run, but doing some easy hiking!

Stay warm and dry all of you fighting blizzard # xxxx, Marj

The post of the day!!

6.5 miles on a rather warm 30F weather with sunshine on my shoulder during the lat mile at mid afternoon.

How can I complain?.

Butterfly hugs to all my East Coast friends. The snow  gods are sure mad at you guys.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

I made it outside for a run today! Woot! The "mild" (milder?) temps are short lived, as it got up to about 3 or 5 degrees today, but had dropped to zero for my run, and got colder as I went. It was -6° by the time I was done. 5.5 miles at a good GA clip. Back on the treadmill tomorrow as the temperature drops again for the rest of the week.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Stay warm and dry all of you fighting blizzard # xxxx, Marj

to say nothing about fighting depression, regret, anger, disbelief, etc. from yesterday’s unadulterated stupidity by Seattle Seahawk coaches who should have known better calling for a pass on second down and one yard to go when the game's top rusher (100+ yards exceeding the next three players on both sides all put together) would have had three chances through fourth down to step a measly one yard over the line for the winning touchdown, to say nothing of just getting a $5,000,000 bonus the day-before in his 2015 salary for being so good, but, fortunately, with Iwashi (sardine) festivals all over Japan today (Tuesday, 2/3), the grilled, tempura, smoked, sugar-and-soy sauce, deep fried, pizzas, fresh (i.e., raw) morsels are a huge step in getting over the shocking turn of events in the last minute of this year's Superbowl , . . . to say nothing of getting pleasantly distracted from football that wasn't by the all-female Takarazaka dancing reviews of 30 dancers on a hotel tv channel dedicated to the various arts in a stirring rendition of Ravel’s “Bolero” with all of them wooing the star in his (I mean, her) star-spangled bolero jacket to say nothing of other attractive attire on all of them, albeit sometimes only barely, if at all, then followed by Bizet’s rousing “Carmen.”  Must be popular over here as there’s a Carmen Park in Tokyo with her beautiful swirling statue poised over the park vista.
                  ps - I don’t like cinnamon either, . . .

except when my son puts it on grilled salmon with some brown sugar in the summer.
                  pps - he eschews instant oatmeal and regular too for the steel kind.

it sure shows in his Popeye tricepts but I think that's from mountaineering.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Leslie - beautiful pics!

Henry and Marj - enjoy!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."