Masters Running

OT: Interview advise (Read 404 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

This thread started off to be a bit silly, however, I did get a good deal of insight. It went well. Thank you every one.

Glad to hear it! Hope things work out as you want them to.

I didn't want to jinx it because I've done some lousy interviews.  Sounds like it went well and I'm glad for you.  I think job interviews should be conducted over a beer or something like that.  I'm hoping they don't interview me for the promotion I'm trying to get.  By the way, did you offer them a doggie biscuit?

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

Marathon Maniac #957

Too late of course, but recently I was the interviewer for the first time, instead of the interviewee, and the most prominent lesson I learned is how poorly you come off if you are negative about former employers.  You can convey a world of truths, while still remaining positive.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

I am sorry that I just now saw this post. I was on the road all last week and not here on RA much. Glad it went well. I compiled a list of do's and don'ts at one point. I still have it.  Anyone can write me at Spareribs823 at gmail dot com.  Spareribs