Masters Running

Monday, 11 January and Planet Earth is Blue and there's nothing I can do. (Read 40 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

INTERNATIONAL DATE LINE

It wasn't quite like running two marathons on the same Halloween Saturday morning in 2009 but, with a little help from my friend the International Date Line, got on Delta 166 at 5:35 pm Monday to fly from Tokyo to Seattle to spend the afternoon before reboarding another Delta 40 minutes clock time later at 6:15 pm the same Monday (but actually 18 sun hours later) to go up for a belated Christmas with DD and GS that got pre-empted by all the Christmas meetings over there where they don't have one.

PORTLAND MARATHON AFTER ALL?

After what was planned to be a grand finale to the Portland Marathon last year (1990, 1992, 2004, 2006, 2015), 2016 won’t be just for the running, especially if there’s a rental residence such as I missed at the 2009 Seattle Rock’n’Roll Marathon with ample opportunities for some of the goddesses, and some of the guys, to showcase their culinary talents too.

I needed to be back home to put food in the oven for my luncheon.

The ladies raved about the hot dish and it was good, a baked chicken soufflé,

served with yummy cinnamon pickles that I canned several years ago. 

((Leslie)) Life can be so hard at times.

Every morning I wake up and every step I run

I try to remember to be thankful and to cherish it as a precious gift.

THE GIFT OF RUNNING

It’s way, way even more so as the years march along, especially losing family members twenty and more years before they could get to where I’ve been able to get to now, suffering of friends and family relatives, to say nothing of the sadnesses, tragedies and travails of others herein let alone the rest of the world. At first, running and hesitantly posting herein used to be a way to escape it all and had nothing to do with any physical "gift' for running I might have had of which I have none.  Thanks now to all, I'm finally figuring out that the "gift" or running doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with running.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

THE GIFT OF RUNNING

It’s way, way even more so as the years march along, especially losing family members twenty and more years before they could get to where I’ve been able to get to now, suffering of friends and family relatives, to say nothing of the sadnesses, tragedies and travails of others herein let alone the rest of the world. At first, running and hesitantly posting herein used to be a way to escape it all and had nothing to do with any physical "gift' for running I might have had of which I have none.  Thanks now to all, I'm finally figuring out that the "gift" or running doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with running.

Absolutely ~

And thank you all for your thoughts yesterday.  I'll get through this.  It just takes time.  And 2Kitty - Pretty much all my running is "for my mom."  For much of the last few years of mom's life, she couldn't walk a block without being in extreme pain, let alone run.  I like to think I inherited some of that strength.

Holly - I'm sad this is the last season of Dowton Abbey. 

Switched workouts around and did my stat biking this a.m. (45 min with 6 x 1 min hard in the middle).  The "hard" minutes are getting easier, so I know I'm getting stronger.

I was supposed to run, but it was pouring when I got up, and the wind was howling, so I said, "Nuh uh!" and decided to do my bike workout instead.  Of course, right when I was about to walk out the door to the shed it all stopped.  Too bad, I'm not changing my plans.  Didn't even get on the bike and I had to use the bathroom.  Thank you, Lord, for not letting me be out on the road, 'cause there ain't no place out there to go to the bathroom except someone's bushes!! 

About 11:30 last night, the Wilsonater woke me up to get under the covers when all of a sudden BOOM!!!!  Instantly woke up The Hub.  We thought maybe a meth lab had exploded somewhere within a few blocks of our house, but he went outside and didn't see any flames, never heard any sirens, but a couple of minutes later we heard fireworks explode, so I'm figuring someone exploded a mortar shell or a pipe bomb.  It shook our house so hard, we had to reset the clocks on our microwave, oven, and answering machine.  I have no idea when the cats finally crawled out from under the bed.  That's the only time when there is a total truce in the house - when everyone's had the crap scared out of them and the only place to hide is under mom and dad's bed.  It's like, "Dude, give me 10 minutes and I'll start hating you again.  But right now . . ."  "Absolutely.  You stay under that corner, I'll stay under this corner and we'll all live to fight another day."

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance