Masters Running

Wednesday Sept. 9 runs and milestones (Read 484 times)

This one has me stumped. I looked up Juan Agosto, and he's a pitcher. Please explain.
    Spareribs, Please fine Carolyn for not paying attention in class... Wink and tell the Juan Agosto story again... ---------------------------- 5 really easy, really early this am-somewhat chilly, but nice and cool is alright with me. ---------------------------- thanks to the 'search' feature on this website, I found it-from about 1 month ago--
    New Heart Comedy Show posted: 7/29/2008 at 9:30 AM Why does Breger point out to us that he isn't Tramps? I thought we all knew that? Perch, looked almost like a progression run didn't it? Nice workout. Taking the day off from walking as I have a mess of medical stuff to do today, pre-op stuff plus the consult with the surgeon. Tim, you recently had some ankle problems and now you have a bit of foot pain. Inserts are not the answer here. Simply back off the speed for a week or so. It won't do your conditioning any harm. Use good judgment here. Let me share a story with everyone from 1989: The Houston Astros were in a pennant race with the Cubs and the Cards. It's late iin the season, and I am listening to the Astros-Mets game on the FAN in NY with my son SpareTire. I am a Mets fan and listened to WFAN all the time. The Mets had won the World Series 3 years previously, beating the Astros for the NL crown. Now they are down by a run in the last inning of this game and have men on base, very exciting game. Well, the Astros have this reliever named Juan Agosto, whose low ERA belied his inability to close a game and now they are going to bring him in to face the Mets next hitter. I am jubilant! The announcer says, and I paraphrase here: "And now they're bringing in a new pitcher. What's this? He's calling for Juan Agosto! Juan Agosto? Where's Dave Smith? The Astros are in a pennant race. This is no time for Juan Agosto!" My son and I laughed so hard at this obvious dis of Agosto by the Fan announcer, and ever since that day the expression, "This is no time for Juan Agosto" has been used by us to refer to any situation where you cannot afford to do something half-heartedly, incorrectly, or foolishly. You have to bring on your best performance, your best thinking. So Tim, take a week off from speed. This is no time for Juan Agosto. Spareribs
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Big words today! I took advantage of my kids' running practice at the XC trails by running there myself. I gave DD10 a hard time when I saw her walking! Wink I THOUGHT DS16 was there somewhere, but the high school kids were actually at some trails several miles away and I had to track him down. Gotta love it. For fun, I decided to run hard 4 minutes and then walk a minute, for a total of 4 miles. Kind of fun for a change. It took me 49:00, which is a decent time for me since the trails are so hilly. I may do a run/walk routine for my HM to make it more fun. I think I can do it faster that way! Have a good evening! Teresa
      wildchild

Carolyn

Thanks, Dale! I wasn't sleeping in class, I was on vacation at the end of July.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tough day in the Latin teaching trenches. I have a combined class of Latin 2 and Latin 3 students, because the school wanted to save a dime and not pay someone to teach two courses. So far I have been reviewing basic declensions, and easing the kids into the school year. The Latin 2 kids really need this soft treatment. But today after class I was savaged by one of the more ambitious Latin 3 students, who wants to get into the more advanced stuff. To make matters worse, after he complained to me about what we were doing, he asked me a hard grammatical question about a sentence in one of the readings, which I was unable to answer satisfactorily on the spot. Even after home study, I am unable to explain exactly why the grammar of this sentence is the way it is. I understand the meaning perfectly, but I can't explain why the verb is imperfect subjunctive passive, which is what he wants to know. Hey, that's why I'm a sub, and not a certified Latin teacher yet. Maybe I'll run later tonight. Dark Horse, the Juan Agosto of Latin teachers
          I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
          TammyinGP

The answer is: ecausebay I'mmay ethay eachertay andday Iay aidsay osay, unkpay. Do I need to help you with everything DH, aka, JAoLT. Tongue

Tammy

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

What's the Latin sentence DH? , Italian grammar as well is all about imperfects, subjuntives and passive verbs and more! 5.5 miles of running for me today. The pace was all over the place, about 8:30 average with a couple of miles really slow and a couple faster than usual, The weather continues being really beautiful in the PNW and it is a pleasure being outside on the trail. It is a really mentally exausting period for me with too much work and worries about my elderly parents in the Old Country. My Mom is still at the hospital,( thank you all for your good wishes in my RR post), doing a bit better but not quite out of the woods yet, my Dad, who turned 83 today,is the one I almost worry the most about as he is very depressed and sad. I wish I had siblings, but unfortunately it is just me. Have a great evening all! Francesca
                I found the following definitions for neologism: ne·ol·o·gism [nee-ol-uh-jiz-uhm] –noun 1. a new word, meaning, usage, or phrase. 2. the introduction or use of new words or new senses of existing words. 3. a new doctrine, esp. a new interpretation of sacred writings. 4. Psychiatry. a new word, often consisting of a combination of other words, that is understood only by the speaker: occurring most often in the speech of schizophrenics.
                I guess neologism is a neologism....for me anyway! Hi back atcha CNY! And hey to all the Master Runners out there. 3 easy miles for me this beautiful cool humid evening.
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  What's the Latin sentence DH? , Italian grammar as well is all about imperfects, subjuntives and passive verbs and more!
                  Francesca, It is a sentence from Eutropius: Caesar enim rediens ex Gallia victor coepit poscere alterum consulatum atque ita, ut sine dubietate aliqua ei deferretur. I'm thinking deferretur is imperfect subjunctive passive in a result clause, though it doesn't look like your textbook result clause. Imperfect tense because deferretur is action subsequent to the time of the verb in the main clause, coepit poscere. 7 miles on the treadmill at 8:59 mile pace. Dark Horse, the Juan Agosto of Latin teachers
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

Renee the dog

Ran a 5K last night to finish up yesterday's day of running. Tonight, 5 mi on the boards. I was exhausted! Luckily, at mile 4 the sample guy at The Original Fudge Kitchen was out!!! I ran up to him and said, "Oh, I was really hoping you were out!" He shoved the fudge plate at me and said, "Have a few!!!" I smiled, took one small chocolate walnut piece and ran off. DARN -- I need to have a small piece of fudge at mi 4 of a 5 mi run more often! I ran my last mi in 7:30! Big grin Ankle pain switched sides tonight, so I realized whatever 'it' is, it is nothing serious.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Here is a picture of me from the weekend and a picture of me in my new suit... http://picasaweb.google.com/mamalama/SkagitFlatsMarathon?authkey=GoES_8AO-eY#
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      SteveP

You're taking off Mary!!! Good Luck Gordon!!!!!! You're lookin sharp!!!!! Ribs, Some work outs are diamonds, some are stones. Rest Day

SteveP