Masters Running

Tuesday - 7/22 (Read 38 times)

Leslie, my SIL saw "Saw" and her comments were enough for me to steer clear of that one. I don't know what sort of person really likes those movies, but it makes me question their stability....

*snork*  me, too.. . . .eh hem . . . I mean "no comment." 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

tetsujin209 was it an Angus cow and calves?  Because, they would have made great steaks if that is what they were!

SteveP are you telling your DW there are bears around because you just want to get in bonus runs?  Inquiring minds want to know how far you are willing to go in this regard!  

Dave59 poor Dave59.  Oh poor, poor Dave59.  You poor guy!  Oh, poor, poor, poor Dave59. Feel better now?  

coastwalker yes run fartleks is what always pops to mind when I feel sluggish.  That and maybe some heavy lifting afterwards.    We really have to have a talk about what the word "slug-like" is normally meant to imply.  

Tramps hmm, 2x1.5=3.  In case you were having trouble with that.

deez4boyz just make sure you have off on September 11, 12 and 13!

shawdow runner nice swift run.

A Trackrat was it ultimately lunch or running at lunch?  Can running really be lunch?  

tselbs here the humidity in the morning has been low, I hope the same is true in your neck of the woods.

fatozzig odd to be able to run in shorts and a t-shirt in the early morning smack dab in the middle of summer?!  Did I miss your vacation trip to one of the poles?  Otherwise, you really should move somewhere that this would not be unusual!  Wait, I am here in New England where it is horrible weather like that most of the year!  HELP!

evanflein only 3 weeks this year below 40 miles!  Wow you have tendons of steel!

wildchild you did not mention the elevation change on your run today, so I guess it was only somewhere in the 3000' range.  A real easy stroll in the park.  

Spareribs next time look for runners cheating by riding the moose.

Holly S. oh yes, slog up and down hills yet another first thought when I feel tired.  Like coastwalker you would really benefit from a dictionary.  What is with this group?

I woke up, felt fine and went off for my planned 5x1000m workout.  I am so slow the moose (mooses, meases, mices? ) were passing me.  My goal was to hit each interval at a 7:20 pace, not even close.    On the plus side there is this plug in I just installed to SportTracks and it  claims I am getting fitter.  Then again, it appears I am starting from a pretty low base.  I tell you a 6 week running hiatus is just not that good for your running speed.  Than again, no hiatus and hurt is probably worse.  So call this a net plus.  Well, eventually call it a net plus.  Tomorrow, it is back on the elliptical and season 1 episode 5 of Orphan Black.  They better get that story line back on track or I am going to, . . . to . . . to . . . ah who am I kidding watch anyway.  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

wildchild

Carolyn

wildchild you did not mention the elevation change on your run today, so I guess it was only somewhere in the 3000' range.  A real easy stroll in the park.  

Good guess, Twocat!     Of course, I ran this at a blazing 14 mm average pace!  But on the plus side, it's cool at this altitude, and very beautiful.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

I tell you a 6 week running hiatus is just not that good for your running speed.  Than again, no hiatus and hurt is probably worse.

Yes!

Re: Saw and the like, no, I do not watch horror movies either....of course I really liked Poltergeist and Arachnophobia - do those count?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I sure hope Dave is okay...poor guy...

Tonight's run was tough.  I had been looking forward to it all day but when it came time to do it...I just didn't know how hard I wanted to work.  But it ended up going okay.  2 mile warm up in 16:13 then 6x1 miles with a .3 mile recovery between each.  The 6x1's went: 6:27--6:28--6:25--6:22--6:21--6:24--6:23.  Then a 2 mile cool down in 17:03.

Okay--I guess that's it for the night.  I have to eat and get to bed.  See ya!

lamerunner

Greetings. En route to Colorado. We made it to Ashland, Ohio the first day. Lots of tears, some good talks and tolerable traffic. I ran 8 miles this morning before we left. we shall see what tomorrow brings.

SteveP

Yeouch Dave.

TwoCat, oh the bears are out there. In as much as I'd like get close enough to take a picture of one, it's also important to be careful what you wish for.

SteveP