Masters Running

Thursday July 23 Runs and Stuff (Read 35 times)

But what really got me was--here was a seasoned carpenter and a sales rep for nails and nail guns--and they kept referring to the size of nails as 16 "d" and 10 "d" and on and on.  I wanted to scream--"It's PENNY!  The "d" stands for PENNY!"  I thought I owed it to my 9th grade wood shop teacher, Mr. Hoenstien, to correct them...but I just kept eating my pulled pork sandwich and watched ESPN.

Wood shop teachers everywhere are applauding you.

Crazy drivers is one of the reason I like to run predawn.  There aren't as many out and about.  I've been blessed that I haven't had any close calls.

The doctor hasn't talked to my brother yet, but I am in the process of getting my dad's blood results so I can send them to my buddy, Kate, to look at.  She told me at the beginning of all this, "What's the point in having a doctor as a friend if you can't get free advice?"  Love that lady and her sister, Karen, to pieces.  If all goes well, I will get to see them in August when we volunteer at Waldo 100k.

Holly - Since you're a core/ST person. have you ever done "Renegade Pushups"?  I just found out about these.  My problem is I have to drop to my knees to do the pushup part.

Carolyn - When are YOU going to do a 100k????  Have fun pacing.  I love crewing, but I think I'd be a lousy pacer.

Okay - Off to do some invoices so I can actually get paid for the work I've been doing.  Funny how that  works . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I’ve been tapering too, all weed ever since last weekend’s final training run for this Saturday’s marathon, so I have no idea why I’m so tired. Maybe this afternoon’s two hour open swim and play at the local pool will help but, with GS and two friends, I somehow doubt it.
      ETA - It was a perfect day with until wading into the shallow end of the pool right away with GS on my shoulders triggered whistles from the lifeguards that I had no idea had anything to do with me until GS older friend said, “he can’t get on your shoulders,” and the closest lifeguard pointed at me pointing out, “another whistle and your out-of-here.”
      However, no problem until taking the gang out to DD’s car, . . . and the key wouldn’t turn until her DH had to drive over with jiggle the steering wheel more than I was doing to get it going.

Counting our blessings and thinking/praying for everyone else.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Really? You can't have him on your shoulders in the pool? Incredible... that would negate most of DH's fun with our boys when they were little (and the resultant throwing into the pool), not to mention me and my siblings with my dad.

5.3 easy effort miles today after work, felt plenty hot at upper 70's and full sun. We were looking forward to a hot sunny evening on the deck, but of course the clouds moved in and it dropped a few degrees and no sun to be found. Drat. It came out later, but it was already behind the trees by then. I'm taking tomorrow off and I'm looking forward to hanging out on the deck tomorrow afternoon with the sun out!

...mikeE//.....like the Old Saying ''There's no such thing as a Free Lunch''

erika//.........xbike is just my abbreviation for ''exercise bike''

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....