Masters Running

Thursday, the last day of MAY, runs and such..... (Read 474 times)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

70 miles in 3 days. Wow. And you wonder why I get intimidated about posting here lately. Leslie, you are AWESOME!
      70 miles in 3 days.

Me too!   On my bike...Big grin

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

You guys crack me up.

OM - We are all strong and awesome in our own individual ways.  Heck, we're Masters!!

(PS, though.  I still can't stop grinning when I think about how much fun I had! Big grin )

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

mrrun

I concede - what's BBL?

Henrun made me feel guilty - went out for 4 after work to make my 100..Wink

OrangeMat

MM #6177

BBL = Be Back Later
              BBL = Be Back Later

Thanks OM!!Big grin

Leslie - 70 miles in 3 days!!  that is just awesome!!  takes me 3 weeks to get that distance!! Smile

Erika - did u have the wine or did the OCD get the better of you??  I can only dream of a 200 month!!

marj - so happy Henry made you feel guilty -- we can share the 100 month club this month!!

ok - I went out for run #2 today and did 2.2 miles with my running group friends .... then enjoyed a nice Guiness!!  brought me to 100.5 for the month!!  yesterday and today were very sluggish tho - did 7.8 humid slow miles yesterday, then tried to do hill repeats with my friend Kevin today - I only made 3 passes at the hill then took off for a more flat mile - he finished all 5 passes!!  As he keeps telling me - he has a marathon date with a big Alaskan mountain in the fall!!

denise

lamerunner

Hello, lots of great running lately! Super marathons for Karin, Carolyn and Mike E.!! ( earned his beer and then some)   That Wyoming race sounds fun if a bit hilly!  And I see Erika is running 10.1 miles per day and Leslie ran 70 miles this weekend... yikes!  All very badass...

Still doing lots  of cross training and PT. Heck, I may end up in better shape albeit with hamster ears and whiskers...  I took a break from the elliptical this weekend and did some biking. DD was home a few days and  now is off working trail crew for Randolph Mtn Club in northern NH. They maintain most of the trails around the northern presidentials and many other lesser known trails.   Sounds like fun!  

Back to the elliptical the last couple of days. Today was 65 minutes, 10.3 miles plus about a 1000 yard swim.  Any longer swim   would have made for an absurdly long lunch.

Hoping to resume running within a couple of weeks...we shall see. 

Cheers to all.

P.S. erika, you can also have the wine then do the two miles.... just saying,

evanflein

Nope, no more miles for me this month. I'm still at work and it's after 6 pm! So 198.2 will have to be good enough. Getting ready to leave though, and DH and I are going to a movie tonight.

Lamerunner, I sure hope you're back to running soon. Funny picture in my head of hamster ears and whiskers!

Bushrat Runner

Well, I'm not in the hunt for 200 mile months yet, and I'm certainly not going to run 92.6 miles in the next 3 hours even if I wanted to...

But I'm getting there. In fact, I have progress to report today. I ran to work and back, my first running commute in a couple years, and first since I abandoned the running commute along with most running altogether as I tried to sort out the gallbladder problem...

If I can do the running commute when I'm home this summer, then hopefully I'll be able to do it this winter, when I'm really trying to get the marathon miles laid down. 

That's it, my big news. 

Well, that and my book release party is this Saturday, which should be fun as well.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Let's see, you swim in frigid Naknek Lake, you run with the giant brown bears, and you gotta book coming out about flying across country with your brother flight instructor so you'd know how to fly on your own by the time you got to where a plane's the only way to get around anyway. ho hum.  Have a fun book release/signing on Saturday. Maybe a former governor from the same area might have done it but I doubt it and I bet your is the first one ever in Naknek!  However, with you around, it probably won't be the last, . . . we hope.  You're like all the goddesses who run marathons as if they were 5K's or something, and their 100-milers, 70-mile weekends as if they were mere marathons,. . . except it's your whole life.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Good Morning!

.  I almost had all negative splits, but during the last mile I had to stop quick to pick up a 12" adjustable wrench that I found in the road.   11:04 / 10:25 / 10:11 / 9:39 / 9:45

Swoon...Oh sweet splits too Mary.

Jlynne, the local kid on the spelling bee cracked me up with "idiosyncratically".http://www.9and10news.com/story/18663294/suttons-bay-student-competes-in-national-spelling-bee

(((((Dave59)))))

I'm not surprised by MikeE, Carolyn. Love the irises.

Erika, it's great to hear about married couples having a date. I hope you two enjoyed yourselves.

I was at a job site today. The crew was not too happy to see me. One window weighed over 500 lbs. I showed two guys where to hold and balance and I pushed it to the back of the truck. When we got it down, four guys were grousing about getting it where it had to go. I was good on time so I helped. The foreman said he couldn't believe I can do that at my age. .......I asked if he just called me old and dumb???

After work, DW and I took Tag and Honey out for a few miles. Honey split. Tag said he was a good boy. I found Honey near a very old abandoned dump...(lots of broken antiques...but I'll leave it for the archaeologists.) n top of one pile were a dozen irises getting ready to bloom. We're they tossed with an old pot? They don't look native. We'll be going back.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Well, that and my book release party is this Saturday, which should be fun as well.

Tell us about the book!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Bushrat Runner

Tet, you make my life sound great. Which is fine, because it is...or at least I like it...

The big difference living in a place like this is you can't go watch somebody else do something cool...nothing to watch...so you have to make your own adventures.

Easy to be a renaissance guy jack of all trades where there aren't many folks to dig in. But I'm definitely the master of none. I think this place is the best fit for me because I have a short attention span and this way I get to do a million things at once and it is okay...

Bushrat Runner

Tell us about the book!

Holly...Tet pretty much summed it up. I get to go a lot of neat places for work, but always without my family. I started thinking it would be nice for the family to be able to see the place they're living in, instead of just having me tell them about it. So we bought a plane in Texas, my brother took it to Ohio, and I met him there and got instruction from him on the way back up to Alaska with the plane. My mom wanted me to write about the trip, so after we got back I went back through my logbooks and my brothers photos and wrote it up...which was really fun. By the time I was done I decided I may as well see if I could find a publisher, and my father-in-law knew a guy so I sent the manuscript to him...and here we are...