Masters Running

Thursday Nov 3rd Daily (Read 399 times)

Happy Little Ben came through the surgery with flying colors.

Hope Megan came through her surgery with no glitches.

Thankfully, the company isn't staying with me.  Otherwise, I might have just walked out into the middle of traffic or something this morning (kidding!).  They're wonderful ladies, and I am (sort of) welcoming the reprieve from my feelings of blah-ness lately.  Next week I'm off to conference with two of my best buds and am looking forward to getting away.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

C-R

Lots of great news here today. Good to hear Ben's surgery went well. Hope the implant goes equally as well for your Megan Mike.

Great story on the puppy Mary. Things have a way of working out like that more often than we realize.

Timbo- good luck this weekend. I'll be running at Eagle Creek in the morning and hope you have a great race. 

Leslie - you know what Ben Franklin said of house guests.....

6.2 easy today after catching an early flight home. Kids were really surprised as they thought I wouldn't be back until after 11pm. That was so worth the 85 mph drive on the Long Island Expressway to get the LGA a little early. Blush

Cheers as now its off to watch the new episode of Burn Notice. I used to think I wanted to be James Bond when I grow up. I might now want to be Michael Weston. I still have lots of years left before I am forced to make that choice.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

since we have pet lovers here.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45121167#.TrM7I3JW2So

I am still laughing...

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Mike E

MM #5615

I just got a call from my daughter and everything went well for Megan.  We won't know for a while how it works, but everything is good so far.  Anyway--they're heading home, so I'm going over for a little while.  Thanks everybody!

Oh crap!  I just thought of something something...I'm getting on a plane, tomorrow! 

Mariposai

I just got a call from my daughter and everything went well for Megan.  We won't know for a while how it works, but everything is good so far.  Anyway--they're heading home, so I'm going over for a little while.  Thanks everybody!

Oh crap!  I just thought of something something...I'm getting on a plane, tomorrow! 

Glad to hear that Megan's surgery went well. Our prayers and love to her and her parents and grand-parents, too.

yes!!! little Ben is doing great also!!!!

4 easy miles with the Easy Pacer. Tselbs, I do wear the blinkies and the headlamp when needed. But we are running in late afternoon, just before dark, so a reflector vest is the only thing we need.

Off to work on some papers with a lemon tea to keep me company.

What a day!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Tet... note "minimalist shoes", well that's "kind of"  they are Brooks PureFlow ( 4mm heel drop and weigh 8 oz) they feel great and confirm I run mid-foot because I've now run 115 miles in 2 1/2 weeks with no issues, no tight calves, achilles, nothing. They are pure Heaven!

perch - you must have been doing it right for a long time as sore calves plague many heel-srikers when switching to the midfoot form necessary for running barefoot (hurts too much to land on heels).  Have fun.  However, are they fluorescent green or what?   

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike, glad to hear that about Megan.

Did the 9 Yasso 800's planned and it went very well.  It didn't feel very hard, so I think I have the race and a few days recovery to thank for that.

Afterwards I did my mile easy as usual, and I hadn't heard from DD although I saw her earlier this evening and she said she would try to make it.  After I did the recycling (we don't have curbside), I called her and she was ready, so I went back over to the OU track and met her.  Her shins were bothering her so I hope she doesn't have shin splits.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

SteveP

(((((Megan)))))

You are a wonderful person Mary.

Orange Mat..no more illnesses for a while. You've used up your quota.

That's neat Two Cat.

Laurie, that kid has a nice Batman shirt...why are you laughing?

SteveP