Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 06/05 (Read 374 times)

flatland mountaineer

Leslie I just hire this guy to do my high work, Air Tractor 802 spraying @ 180 mph with a power line coming up in 200 yards flying wheat fungicide, taken from just off my deck.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

I love watching those planes do their work.  Steep climbs/descents, steep banking turns.  Nice pick Jim.  Those pilots can sure fly.  The wheat harvest is beginning here in OK....southern part at least.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Will that pilot fly to NorCal??  Nice view, BTW.  Smile

Hi, Ev and everyone else to follow.

An abbreviated ST/core workout this a.m.  I'll make up for it during my pool run tonight.  Unfortunately, between the free-weight lifting, the push ups I'm attempting on the BOSU, and my crutch work, my hands are taking a beating.  They were really irritated this a.m.  Ibu is becoming one of my better friends.

Tomorrow I am meeting with the mom and stepdad of a good friend of ours.  We've known her, Karen (a different Karen) for over 20 years.  She and her husband have 20+ years of sobriety under their belts, so we're going to talk sobriety, some of the issues Shorty is facing once he's out of his protective bubble at rehab, etc.  Educate, educate, educate.  I'll never understand what he's going through - what he'll be going through for the rest of his life, but I can do my best to educate myself so I can better support him.

Have a good one, friends ~

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Joe - oh yeah, TONS of snow up there. Near here, the southern Sierra snowpack is 180% of normal, and up north they got even higher numbers. They might get more this weekend!

Leslie - awww, your poor hands! Can't imagine much you can do other than the ibu. Is there a way to massage hands? Good on you for educating yourself, good to have friends who can relate. 

R2 - one of the craziest guys I know is a crop duster pilot. He has invited me on a flight but I think I'd toss my cookies.

EZ 6+ today in strangely cool weather, low 60s! Normal highs are high 80s/low 90s. Gotta say I'm lovin' it. Off to the coast tomorrow for some trail running heaven in the redwoods at Nicene Marks Forest. Big grin

Ex runner

Go Leslie!  Try some corona on your hands.  Seems to help all kinds of skin chaffing.  I think we've had this conversation before.....that's when I first learned about monkey's butt.  Anyway hope your hands get some relief.

Arla, the trail run sounds nice. 

Had a nice 3 miler this morning when things were a bit cooler....then ovr to Mom's for some more yardwork play.

We're in the meat of this weekend, so get out there and enjoy!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Arla - I'll have to look up that forest.  Never heard of it before.  Hey, what's next on your plate re races?

Ev - That offer still stands come help me out in my yard whenever you get bored. Smile  And although I do have issues with dry skin (I'll have to look into that Corona stuff), my issue right now is just the plain ole aches and pains.  Feels like the onset of arthritis, although I know it's not.  Just overuse, but there's not much I can do about it right now as I won't give up the strength training and, try as I might, I can't give up the crutches.

No workout for me this a.m.  I chose to sleep in instead.  Chico (the cat we procured from the Hispanic family up the street, hence the name, thanks to The Hub) and I finally dragged ourselves outta bed around 8:45.  I don't have to be anywhere until 1:30, so I thought, what the heck!  I have all day and night to work on transcription and get my workout done.

I did go pool running last night, though.  50 min worth, plus 5 min of core specific.  I got there later in the evening, so I had the deep end almost completely to myself the whole time.  I've worked out a couple of exercises that really get my HR going and work the core at the same time.  One of the exercises involves keeping my arms raised out of the water and churning my legs as fast as I can for 1 minute.  So far, my best "cadence" is 76 churns (L/R = 1 churn) in the minute.  I'm trying to get up to 80.  It's sort of a water version of speed work, I guess.

The junior swim team - The Humboldt Water Dogs - were practicing, so I got to watch them, which helped the time pass.  And right when I was getting, out a birthday party group showed up.  Whew!  Great timing on my part.

Unfortunately, the pool has raised its rates as of June 1.  I was thinking about buying a 3-month pass, but I got sticker shock.  I can't remember the cost of the "10 visits" pass, but that may end up being the better deal since I usually only go 2x a week.  If the rates go up anymore, I'm not going to be able to afford the pass and the gas to drive to Arcata 2-3x a week.  So, we shall see . . . .

Boy, long post!  Okay - Off to do transcription.  One job is on a murder case.  Should be interesting.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

I slept in again, and now I can't get motivated.  Guess I need to hit the coffee.  Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful day outside.  A friend gave me some bleeding heart and some kind of pansy out of her yard yesterday that I need to get planted.  I also need to get a workout in and some transcription done.  Yes, I need coffee . . . .

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Lesli, nice pool workout. 

a 6er for me this morning followed by more stuff. 

You know it's the backside of the weekend......now get out there and enjoy!