Masters Running

Friday Daily Funnies and Running or Something 1/6 (Read 536 times)

aka FlyingFinn

Good for you, twocat!

It was warm here, too.  Yesterday I ran 3 carpy miles. Instead of running today I walked in the woods for about an hour with MrF. Plan is to go long on hills tomorrow.

Four years ago on a much colder January 6 we were tending a small brush fire near where our house was being built.

My cell phone rang and I ripped my gloves off to answer the call from DS at the hospital. He said it was Time.

We put out the fire and rushed to the hospital. By the time we got there Donovan had been born. I remember standing at the nursery window with DS and looking in at the tiny red faced bundles.

Tonight we celebrated at a Japanese restaurant. You'd think a kid his age would want to go to McD's or Chuck E. Cheese's or something like that, but he likes this hibachi place.  He liked watching the chef chop things, and the flames. He did really well with the chopsticks. They brought out a flaming flower with a side of ice cream for his dessert.

It's so cool that Ilene is his birthday twin, too. Happy day, Ilene!

What a beautiful day and what a beautiful life.

Instructions for living a life:

Pay attention. Be astonished. Tell about it.   ~~~Mary Oliver

lamerunner

Greetings. Behind again!

I have to get more regular here again. ... Well today was 6.5 miles in the morning and 3/4 mile swim at lunch. Last few days mostly runs in the 6-8 mile range. Sunday New Years' Day I hiked instead 10 miles , carter Dome, 4800 + in very icy conditions.  Still not realiably energetic but it will take  a few weeks I suspect..  The hike was wonderful and microspikes worked beautifully in the ice/rock/snow combination.

Well NH is now full of politicians... and CBS has a little studio set up in front of the downtown Radisson. Ran right by it yesterday. The Republicans are quite entertaining.. As my folk singer heroes might say, you don't have to satirize, you just quote em.

No shorts here Erika, though it is above 0

Planning a 12-13 week Boston schedule in the hopes I will be closer to full power by then... no fire in my belly though, at least not yet.

Good luck to OM in her Disney marathon!   a friend of fmine is down there doing the Goofy challenge.

Evenin', Friends -  Today was an incredibly busy day at work, and it won't get much better anytime soon. But, I have a job, for now, and I'm going to do everything I can to keep it.  Makin' myself as indispensable as possible.

So considering it's 8:00 p.m. and I'm dog tired, I'm just gonna send out a shout to everyone.  Except, Yea Twocat!!  And I'm so glad Huntley is going to be fine.

Rest day for me today, but got my new training schedule.  After next week, it calls for "Intensive Endurance Intervals": Pick a 2-mile loop.  Mark a start point and a 1.5 mile point.  After a warm-up, run hard to the 1.5 mile point.  Recovery jog to the start and repeat.  He says, "This is HARD!  It is definitely uncomfortable and requires some concentration."  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I'm not sure I'm gonna like Intensive Endurance Intervals. Undecided

Hi, Posie. Smile

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

happy tanjoubi ilene, the goddess queen.

How many PR's last year?  I bet not as many as the year before.

What did you guys do with Timbo?

Maybe he's still out in the muck with what's-her-name.

or, maybe the other one found out.

Better check in tim or we won't believe you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Four years ago on a much colder January 6 we were tending a small brush fire near where our house was being built.

My cell phone rang and I ripped my gloves off to answer the call from DS at the hospital. He said it was Time.

We put out the fire and rushed to the hospital. By the time we got there Donovan had been born. I remember standing at the nursery window with DS and looking in at the tiny red faced bundles.

Tonight we celebrated at a Japanese restaurant. You'd think a kid his age would want to go to McD's or Chuck E. Cheese's or something like that, but he likes this hibachi place.  He liked watching the chef chop things, and the flames. He did really well with the chopsticks. They brought out a flaming flower with a side of ice cream for his dessert.

It's so cool that Ilene is his birthday twin, too. Happy day, Ilene!

What a beautiful day and what a beautiful life.

I love everything about this post.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

OrangeMat

MM #6177

happy tanjoubi ilene, the goddess queen.

How many PR's last year?  I bet not as many as the year before.

What did you guys do with Timbo?

Maybe he's still out in the muck with what's-her-name.

or, maybe the other one found out.

Better check in tim or we won't believe you.

I saw on FB last week sometime that Tim had changed his relationship status to "in a relationship". So there ya go! Smile