Masters Running

The Battle of Richmond RR (Read 593 times)

I love it when a plan comes together.  Congratulations on getting everything right.  I can relate to having a plan of what to do at mile 21 and then, at the time, deciding just to finish.  Well done.  Great pics too.

Tramps, I really enjoyed reading about your outstanding marathon.  The pictures were great and you looked strong in all of them. TriBee makes a great one woman support system.  Congrats on your PR.

TomS 

Woohoo! WTG Tramps, I knew you were going to get it as soon as I went out for my run Saturday morning.  The weather really was nearly ideal!  Congratulations on a great block of training topped off with a HUGE PR! 

Once a runner . . .

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

Planned to perfection, and run that way as well.  Awesome, Tramps.  You da man!

Well TriBee did us a big favour by getting us those great shots, and your captions were fun too.

You EARNED this one!!  Enjoy the victory!

Pretty good AG placement too....

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Great job, Tramps! Always great to achieve a goal, especially a PR goal. An an excellent RR to boot.

(It's RRs like this that mildly restart the marathon bug in me, but then my brain comes to the rescue.)

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

...w0w..........that is a GREAT RR//////...........and congratulations on the 321

nice racing

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

Thanks to everyone. You're very tolerant of my way-too-long RRs.  Writing them helps me to process the experience and consolidate what I've learned.

And your virtual cheering and encouragement have real-world effects.  I can't tell you how many times I thought of different folks here during the race.  It's a good group and I appreciate your support.

On to the sub-3:20 in 2012!  Wink

Be safe. Be kind.