Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 07/17 (Read 449 times)

12.58 miles today in 1:06 . . . . . . bike miles, that is.  And boy howdy did I have a blast!!  This was the first time I'd ridden a bike on the road in years.  TriKev and Shadowrunner over in the Predawn  Forum had suggested 10 miles for my first time out just to be safe, but once I got out there I realized I was in better shape than I had anticipated.  I have had wrapped up in my head that my fitness level has gone south over the past three months, and while it's definitely not at the level it was preinjury, I don't think it's decreased as much as I thought.  Although I retain the right to take back that statement when I am actually able to begin running again. Wink

Anyhoo, in an effort to keep the foot happy and not put a ton of pressure on it, I stuck to relatively flat or not horribly undulating road and also kept the gears cranked to the hardest whenever possible.  My starting and stopping leaves a lot to be desired, but at least I didn't crash!

And now that I've downed a bagel and coffee, I need to my rear in gear, get cleaned up, and run some errands.  My buddy, Karen, is coming for dinner tonight for fresh grilled salmon caught yesterday, grilled Romaine lettuce, roasted Brussel sprouts, carrots, beets, onions, and garlic, coconut jasmine rice, fresh-baked (by someone else) bread, and fresh strawberries for dessert.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Ran 8 over to check fields then Lynda picked me up. Getting some wheat cut in the mud, it is a challenge.

Leslie you are going to be tri trained when your foot heals with all the water activities and cycling :-). good job!

Cindy keep us up on your adventures when you get time so we can live them vicariously.

catch up with ya all later, gotta get moving this morning.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III