Masters Running

Monday, June 23rd, Daily (Read 575 times)

Mariposai

A strong run on Saturday and another solid one today. Kewl. Bill
    That is what we wanted to hear Bill. I am so glad to see that you are having some great running legs lately. Keep it up. Maybe the birthday cake did it Blush Way to go with that PR Mary. A PR is a PR regardless of the time. dg, yoga is great stuff for runners. Runner's world had a nice article on the benefits of yoga for runners this month. Since this was a recovery run, I ran 5 miles with no care for pace, HR or cadence. Just ran for the pure dirt joy of it. I think I am going to minimize my garmin usage to just my key w/o and leave them at home when pace or time is not that important. I spoke with son in Japan and son in Vienna last night. They are both doing well. Son in Japan is going to school with his host brother...that poor kid has not have a summer break from school for three summers in the row since he has been abroad all three summers. Funny that both of them asked me for some paraguayan food recipes Wink. I guess they are missing home and mom's fine cooking.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

dg.

Karin, when will you be in Plymouth? You probably won't have much time, in a 1 day trip. But that's pretty close by. Thought it was worth asking! Thanks Nancy. DickyG... sorry about your race. But let yourself heal!

I Can Go The Distance

Good Morning Thanks for the great start as usual Vista. We have had some really good runs already today by Steve, Bill and Peter. Mary, I echo what everyone else has said WTG and yes a PR is a PR at any speed! Ribs: I will be thinking about you as you travel this week. I will keep you in my prayers. I did a 4 mile recovery run this morning in 41:32 (10:23/mile). I am going to try and use Perch's model of recovery runs this week and next as I have another race on the 4th of July. If it goes well, and it should, I will keep using that plan. Wildchild: On my race report you asked about my friend Karen's father who is 78 and won his division (75+) on Saturday. Jerry has run since high school and was also on the UCLA track team. He is one of those guys who has always run and not like so many of us who took breaks for years before starting again. He is truly amazing. There is also another guy in our running group who until he got hurt about 6 months ago was still running 7:30 min/mile in races. He also is 78. I always tell the two of them that I want to be like them when I grow up! Have a great day everyone. Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks, Dicky! Yep, it's hard! This morning I did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer and then my strength/stretching Y class. The exciting part is how EASY the elliptical seems now. When I first tried it a few years ago, I could do only a few minutes, and now the 30-minute workout (max allowed) seems easy. A big change for me! Enjoy your running this week, everyone, and don't take it for granted!! Cry
          wildchild

Carolyn

No run yet for me, as its too hot for lunchtime runs and I'm too lazy to get up early. Well, OK, its 80 degrees, which isn't hot compared to what some of you are dealing with, but I'd rather run after work in the nice cool mountains. I'm planning to do a trail run on the way home in the local state park. It's usually 20 degrees cooler there than here in town. I just signed up for a half marathon on Saturday. It's the Slacker Half Marathon, from Loveland Ski Area to Georgetown CO. Mtnchk1 is running it too and we're planning to meet. I hadn't signed up earlier because I thought I had another commitment but found out I'm free so... why not? Teresa, hope your recovery goes smoothly. I certainly don't take running for granted but thanks for the reminder to enjoy the gift!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Manchild

Got in a nearly five mile jaunt through the trails/woods behind my development. Overcast and very humid conditions. Since Vermont, I haven't really pushed beyond 5 miles and am ok with that for now. Glad to see everyone is still lacin' them up. I've been lurking and enjoying keeping tabs on everyone! Chris
              TammyinGP

with a name like Slacker Half Marathon, wildchild, they ought to give out special door prizes to those that sign up last minute. It's what a GOOD Slacker would do afterall! Have fun!

Tammy

Spareribs, I just wanted to thank you for your comments to my post on Friday. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Running 4 miles after work today...it'll be lots cooler than it was this weekend...I am going to enjoy it Big grin
                    5 miles with T this morning...7:58 pace Intervals with Coach this afternoon... 1.5 miles warmup 8x200 meters@39 seconds with 200 meter recoveries 1.5 miles cooldown
                    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      No running today, although I did some rowing, biking and core work. Tomorrow I will do intervals on the road in the morning. The rain out this way has been awful this month. My next race is next Tuesday on Canada Day. Last year I came third in this race. I am hoping to win it this year but it all depends on who shows up...Will race hard though. Take it easy Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

Decided to try and get a little more serious about x training on my non run days. Played with the weights and did 30 minutes of bike riding I really need to incorporate some core work but it is my least favorite and hardest to stay disciplined to keep up with. Along with this I need to work on my eating habits. (again). I have been so hungry all the time lately and although the scale has not gone up if I don't change something soon it will. That and i still would like to lose 10 pounds by my next marathon. I don't diet but just choose differently. Wink Wildchild, Glad to see you going for a half marathon. You have the training in so why not. Good luck and I can't wait to read all about it. Mary, congrats on the PR and take care of that foot. You are getting to close to the serious part of your marathon training to be messing around with an injury. Good runs to everyone Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down