Masters Running

Friday's Daily, 6.27.14 (Read 40 times)

A toasted "everything" bagel with cream cheese, a few thin rings of red onion, a sprinkle of capers, a slice of tomato and smoked salmon on top!!!

Holy cow - I'm hyperventilating . . . . .

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

La Tortuga my best wishes to your DH and you.

Still not running.  Just using the elliptical.  Today it would not have mattered  The AC went out on us last night and I had to hang around for the service company to come by to fix it.  It is just sort of fixed.  Long story, but we now have no heat in order to have AC.  So, it looks like I will have another day of waiting for a repairman to arrive sometime in the not too distant future.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

somehow, I'm guessing that the lack of heat is not critical at the moment.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Fletch

Fletch, I went right to their website and that sub I had yesterday had 41 grams of protein. 

You're right, Ribs, your Turkey Sub has 41 grams of protein vs 39 for my Chipotle Cheesesteak.  My recommendation was more of a poorly executed attempt at humor concerning my preference for the gut-bomb cheesesteak with 50 grams of fat vs the 12 grams of fat in the turkey sandwich.

Greetings from Charlotte where I am awaiting a flight home. Just popping in to say that I stand beside you always La T---in your avatar and in life too. Lots of love to you and John. Lots of hilly miles these past several days in NC---makes the work travel better when I can run in the morning We are off to Missouri tomorrow for a few days of parent and kiddo orientation at Mizzou! This will be a good dress rehearsal for the drop-off day in August. Sorry to hear about Tribee. Okay... Wheels up soon! Hope I remember where I parked my car.

Never heard of Jersey Mikes before, looking at their menu I will be having that Chipotle Cheesesteak, there is a location not far from work in Whippany, NJ, lunch trip Smile

Jay  - I was showing the sand dune sculptures to my wife and son, they were both blown away, awesome work!

Did someone mention traffic? My wife is from the Philippines, went there for vacation a few years back, that was the worse traffic I have ever seen, in person or on TV..

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend, happy running, and run safe..

evanflein

My heart just goes out to Kirsten and John. Like my family away from home, I'm feeling the angst with you that this just shouldn't be the case. But, hang in there and I hope to see you sometime soon for some real hugs.

So sorry to hear about TriBee's back. Back injuries really suck. The worst thing is the reported fact that most people in that situation do better with PT and physical activity than with surgery.

You guys are all so ambitious. I spent the best part of my day today with the cats at the vet. After I got home, I did some cleanup/miscellaneous tasks and errands, then loaded up the truck with things for the women's center, used book store and recycle stuff. After dropping that stuff off, I went to pick up DH. Then it started sprinkling. Then it started raining. I figured I could still get out for a run, just needed a ride to paved bikepath to avoid the mud. Then it started raining harder. And harder. At 7:30 p.m. it was downright pouring. We've already hit the 3rd rainiest June on record. Must be working for second rainiest. I'm not enjoying the journey. Our garage rebuild is at least 2 weeks behind schedule because of the rain.

So.... no run today. Odd for me to have two rest days in a week, but I guess that's what it is.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Did someone mention traffic? My wife is from the Philippines, went there for vacation a few years back, that was the worse traffic I have ever seen, in person or on TV..

When mikemp gets over to the land of slowly moving national parking lots, he'll be hearing about  "rollover on the Chuo National Expressway  backing up traffic for 48 km / 22 km back-up on the Tomei National Expressway, . . no particular reason, 18km construction detour off the Shuto from midnight to 4:00 a.m."  I always wanted to get out see how many miles I could run up ahead before being caught up to, if ever,  . . .except I was the only one with an international driver license, .

Erika - I bet the record was in 1967.  . .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)