Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & XTRAINING w/e 09/11 (Read 210 times)

In memory of those who died September 11, 2001:

“Time is passing. Yet, for the United States of America, there will be no forgetting September the 11th. We will remember every rescuer who died in honor. We will remember every family that lives in grief. We will remember the fire and ash, the last phone calls, the funerals of the children. “ - President George W. Bush, November 11, 2001

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY PLANNED CORE/STRENGTH/CARDIO STAT BIKE POOL WALK/RUN COMMENTS
      Mon         7.5 miles Great day at Fern Canyon
      Tues Strong Body DVD; Bike          
      Wed Pool Run 30 min Strong Body DVD   40 min   Got very light-headed and woozy during DVD workout.  Stopped at 30 min.
      Thurs Strong Body DVD; Walk       45 min/3.5m (?) My Garmin was dead. Ran maybe a total of 10 min.
      Fri Rest          
      Sat Power Walk       50:55 min/4.0 m Ran 2 min, 5 min, and 5 min in the first 30+ min of the walk.
      Sun Power Walk          
      TOTAL   30 min   40 min 15 miles  

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Did you have a nice day off yesterday?

Nothing to report for this week yet, and still struggling to be consistent:bad week last week, very good week the week before. Seems to be the pattern. And it's not like I'm running many miles either. Just 20-30 minute runs and I still can't get it together. Maybe it'll help if I report back to you  guys?

Mon: nothing

Tue: nothing so far

Wed: I can't believe it... sabotage.... I'm under kidneystone attack....doc gave me painkillers but it's still excrutiating pain... Arghhhhh

Thu: same

Fri: I'll try to do a lb workout in between attacks... there's time inbetween attacks where the pain is reasonable. Since I'm not at work I could squeeze in some lunges and squats, right?

Sat:

Sun:

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Hey Dutchie! You've been missed around here! I hope you get your mojo back soon. [hey, get to work there, young lady!!]

Thanks, Leslie. Lots to think about this week; it's an important milestone for our country.

Ok, this is officially taper, week 1 of 2.

Monday: 3+ hours in the garden (rest day??)

Tuesday: 5.6 miles on the easy trail, .6 mile walk

Wednesday: 8.1 mile somewhat hilly tempo run (well, part of it was), .5 mile walk

Thursday: 5.7 on the trails @ 8:07 avg pace, .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: 3.8 miles on the elliptical, .3 mile walk, about 10 minutes abs/core

Saturday: 9.1 miles @ 8:04 avg, .3 mile walk

Sunday: 13.65 miles up Ester Dome and back, .5 mile walk

Totals: 42.2 miles run, 2.5 miles walking, 3.8 miles elliptical and random gardening

pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - rest day

T - 8 miles

W - 8 miles

Th - rest day

F - 4.5 miles

Sa - 13.1 miles + 1.5 mile warm up

Su - rest day

Total - 35.1 miles running

Paul