Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING w/e 10/30 (Read 261 times)

“Why do people in ship mutinies always ask for "better treatment"? I'd ask for a pinball machine, because with all that rocking back and forth you'd probably be able to get a lot of free games.” (Jack Handy)

Okay - I promise to get totals up this week.  I promise!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jim L. - 26.95 running miles, 30 biking miles

Evanflein - 48.6 running miles, 5.2 ellipticalling miles, 2.9 walking miles, 27 weighing minutes (2x)

pfriese - 40.4 running miles

fatozzig- 17.05 running/walking (mostly running) miles, 50 cardio/strength training minutes

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

U.M.W.B

Hi Leslie

I'm signing up for the Ave of the Giants 1/2 as soon as registration starts, have you ever ran it?

Monday        Run: 6 miles 10:15 pace

Tuesday      Mt bike: 15.5 miles 

Wednesday  Honey do's all afternoon, I'll try again tomorrow....

Thursday        Run: 8.5 miles  11;48 pace

Friday              MT. Bike 13 miles. I did the Ridge trail, Lots of climbing! Dead

Saturday          Run: 10 miles on T.M.    11:13 pace   Swim : 1/2 mile

Sunday            Mt Bike: 15.2 Hilly miles

U.M.W.B

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie!

Monday: 4 miles on the elliptical (32:17), .5 mile walk and 15 minutes abs/core

Tuesday: 5.3 miles run (8:18) in the snow, .5 mile walk

Wednesday: 2.7 miles elliptical (21:17), 20 minutes weights

Thursday: 2.6 miles elliptical (21:15), 10 minutes abs/core; 11 miles on the TM with half mile repeats, .8 mile walking

Friday: 6.1 progressive pace miles on the treadmill, .5 mile walk

Saturday: 10.8 miles run, .4 mile walk

Sunday: 14 miles on the treadmill. OMG. .7 mile walk

Totals: 47.2 miles run, 9.3 miles elliptical, 45 minutes of weights & abs and 3.4 miles walking

You're Welcome!

Jim - I ran the 10k a few years ago, but that's it.  It's a beautiful course that winds throughout the big redwoods.  Sections of it parallel the highway briefly and cars will honk at the runners.  I don't really enjoy running on the road, but one of these days I may have to actually run this since it's in my back yard.  Wish they'd do a trail run, but a few years ago the Six Rivers Running Club told my friend, who made a presentation at one of their board meetings, they didn't think there was enough interest in trail running.  What???  We live in a beautiful area with many, many trails throughout the redwoods and not a single trail race.  She and I have talked about trying to put one together, but neither of us has much free time, and in June/July, if things work out for her, she'll be moving to Astoria, OR.  Bummer.

If you come up, you'll want to try and stay in Fortuna.  It puts you about 30+ minutes closer to the race site.

DAY PLANNED RUNNING CARDIO/STRENGTH STAT BIKE COMMENTS
          Mon Core/Strength       Slept in.  (I keep putting the stationary bike in hoping I'll get back on the thing soon.)
          Tues Run (3-5 miles) 3 miles     With hill repeats
          Wed Strength/Core/Cardio; Bike        Back issues (at least that's the excuse I'm sticking with)
          Thurs Run (3-5 miles) 4 miles     Wore the Mizunos as my back was still really tight.
          Fri Strength/Core        
          Sat Trail Run (5+ miles) 5 miles     McKay Tract
          Sun Trail Run (6-8 miles) 7.25 miles     The Forest
          TOTAL   19.25      

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh, I thought I posted here earlier in the week... well, I meant to, at least. I've been absent long enough. Thanks Leslie for keeping this going!

day plan done comments
            Monday run 5, PT 5 miles EZ, PT biceps, triceps, rotator cuff, alt  arm/leg,  single leg planks, forearm planks
            Tuesday yoga, intervals 5 yoga, 5.1 miles 4x 300m & 100m jog, 3 sets
            Wednesday PT PT added in arm bike too
            Thursday run 7 7.3 miles EZ  
            Friday run 4 yoga, 4 miles splits were 9:28, 9:10, 8:40, 8:31 -- finally, some speed!
            Saturday rest   nephew's bar mitzvah: nope! party got snowed out, no power, so it was moved to Sunday afternoon...
            Sunday run 12 nada: no power, no time... Sad guess I'll have to run my 12 on Monday...
            totals 33 miles 21.4 miles, 2x PT, 2x yoga  
            pfriese

Thanks Leslie.

M - 8 miles

T - rest

W - 8 miles

Th - rest

F - 7.9 miles

Sa - 7 miles

Su - 11.3 miles

Total - 42.2 miles

Paul