Masters Running

Friday September 5 runs and stuff (Read 577 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

gordon me too for arf, . . . but tell divechief it was from you. evanika - never had your building then, but looks like the Creamer's Field Refuge. Any sandhhills anyjmore too? ps gordon - please look up this word - t-a-p-e-r; your marathon's the day-after-tomorrow you know.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

King of PhotoShop

Nice digs Erika. Good luck Gordon. Tim, go for the hotel. Sleep the night before the race is not relevant to race performance, but a long drive in the car might be. Enjoy the trip. Mari, I have many ideas on that subject, mostly about involving the participants. Send me your email address at spareribs823 at gmail dot com. Twocat, you are close to being right about the 40/40 club. I would only need a 6 mile walk every day, which is doable. I hope I don't offend you when I say that your race week preparation for your half is....unusual. DickyG, Dale and Aamos: Will the TX Rangers lie down again for the Sox tonight as they did at Fenway? We helped you make a run at those Rays, until we went down there and lost 2 of 3. The Saint went off to Mass today, leaving me alone to walk. Why anyone would love God more than me I have no idea, but she is quirky that way. I did my longest walk since surgery, 7 miles, a slow 17 pace or about two hours total. Tomorrow I have a race in Dallas so I am having a pretty big mileage week. Report tomorrow. Spareribs
      TammyinGP

The Saint went off to Mass today, leaving me alone to walk. Why anyone would love God more than me I have no idea, but she is quirky that way. I did my longest walk since surgery, 7 miles, a slow 17 pace or about two hours total.
        I read "Mass" as Massachusetts - and thought God was making an appearance in Massachusetts today. Nice long walk today Ribs. You are making such good progress.

Tammy

DickyG, Dale and Aamos: Will the TX Rangers lie down again for the Sox tonight as they did at Fenway? We helped you make a run at those Rays, until we went down there and lost 2 of 3.
          well I sure hope so... Great job with recovery, Spareribs! Keep up with good work.
          lamerunner

Tammy, I read it the same way and wondered what I had missed... I live in Southern NH I am probably not on the short list to be invited... Hot today. I am headed to Mass( achusetts) soon to take DS to a black belt testing/karate tournament. He is a first degree black belt; this is a mid-term test for him.

King of PhotoShop

Emailed question to me from a runner: "What is meant by stamina?" Here is what Ron Daws had to say in "The Self-Made Olympian" "Stamina is the ability to run relatively fast, relatively far. It differs from endurance which is exercising moderately for great periods of time. If I wanted to break the record for running from Los Angeles to New York, I'd want endurance. If it was the 10-kilometer world record, I'd want stamina, and if I wanted the 100-meter record, I would need speed." Spareribs
                I read "Mass" as Massachusetts - and thought God was making an appearance in Massachusetts today.
                Good, we need God at Fenway Blush! No, the Rangers won't lie down, but with luck (and perhaps Divine Intervention), Beckett will be healthy and Pedey will remain hawt! grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                  gordon ps gordon - please look up this word - t-a-p-e-r; your marathon's the day-after-tomorrow you know.
                  It's a kind of candle, right? Confused
                  Masters 2000 miles
                  busiman

Running out of mistakes!

Funny runs today. Ribs - I'm glad to see you building up the miles, but the race tomorrow is just a visit I'm assuming? Just a quick 5.5mi easy run this morn for me... My legs still feel stiff from Tuesday, not sure about tomorrow's 5miler race. It might be a downpour so a PR may not be in the cards anyway. Craig
                    -2009 running goals - sub-3 after Boston (probably VCM), 3 PRs, 2009 miles for the year, and no untreated injuries
                    also on Twitter

Marathon Maniac #3309

Emailed question to me from a runner: "What is meant by stamina?" Here is what Ron Daws had to say in "The Self-Made Olympian" "Stamina is the ability to run relatively fast, relatively far. It differs from endurance which is exercising moderately for great periods of time. If I wanted to break the record for running from Los Angeles to New York, I'd want endurance. If it was the 10-kilometer world record, I'd want stamina, and if I wanted the 100-meter record, I would need speed." Spareribs
                      5K - I have stamina 10K - I have stamina 1/2 M - I have stamina M - Well, that's what I will find out....Endurance or stamina to hold the pace 26.2 Who was the idiot that asked a question like that anyways Big grin. Actually, I did ask the question because they sounded like the same thing to me...but clearer now I think Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

Nice digs Erika. Tomorrow I have a race in Dallas so I am having a pretty big mileage week. Report tomorrow. Spareribs
                        wHAT???????????? Surprised A RACE in Dallas??????? is that your Dr. and the Sanit's approved???????? Shocked

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Just a quick fly by to report my 13 miles today. They were lackluster, I don't really feel like doing this miles. 11:27 pace - 151 avg. HR. Now off to go camping. Have a great weekend!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Marathon Maniac #3309

Just a quick fly by to report my 13 miles today. They were lackluster, I don't really feel like doing this miles. 11:27 pace - 151 avg. HR. Now off to go camping. Have a great weekend!
                            Good job Mary getting it done...it does get easier yeah right Smile Hey, you just ran a 1/2 M, how many other people you know did that today Wink Have fun camping too! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

DH, happy belated birthday for dark mare. wildchild, good job on the race. Nice long runs for bike (with speedwork), CNY, Dave, Peter, teresa, Tramps, and hopeful. This morning it was mid to high 60s and we had a bit of wind. I didn't feel like going out and, when I did, my legs felt sort of dead. I managed to trudge through 8 miles in a little over 1:21 for a 10:09 pace. A good day and good runs for all. TomS
                              wildchild

Carolyn

Mary, sorry your 13 miler was lackluster. But you got it done! Hope you have good weather for your camping trip. Timbo, I thought all stud muffins had stamina! Blush Tselbs, sounds like your run was lackluster too. Hope the next one is better. I had a great sproinky run at lunchtime. It was only 50 degrees and overcast at noon - and this was in the flatlands! (meaning Denver, as opposed to the mountains.) IRC, which undoubtedly helped with the sproink factor. I was planning on an easy 3.25 around the block my office is on, to test out my sore ankle. The first lap felt so good I went around again. It turned out to be somewhere between easy and tempo, 6.5 miles in 1:03:18 for an average pace of 9:44. Mile splits: 9:53, 10:00, 9:28, 9:40, 10:06, 9:33, and 9:16 for the last half mile. There's a hill in the 2nd mile (and again in the 5th) which you can see in the splits. I'm ready to PR at my 10K on Sunday!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.