Masters Running

Yes! It's Friday! 4.24.15 (Read 31 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Looks like there was a fair amount of arguing yesterday about workout vs. sleep. It seems to me that everyone won their argument, regardless of what they decided to do.

Snow? People are still getting snow?? Oy! Then I noticed some conversational flurries on my workout this morning. Made me laugh!

I keep my tights in one bin, and shorts in another, and neither ever gets packed away. The way things are going this year, for many of us apparently, it is hard to tell what to wear from day to day.

I like your theory about weathermen, Ribs. Conversely, would the forecasts be a lot more accurate if they stopped talking altogether?

Welcome back, Tselbes. Sounds like it was a great trip! Bit of a flooding problem in Venice, eh? Some of our coastal communities may see that too, if sea level rise predictions are accurate.

Aamos, maybe you have to ask the MVB about taxis to get a bus schedule?

Great shots of Madi/Mallory, Mike! Mallory sure ran like the wind to track down that other runner - great finish!!

I was invited to a meeting last night to answer questions for about 15-20 minutes. At the end of an hour, when they still weren't done with me, I nicely said "I gotta go." Otherwise, I could have seen myself there through a second hour, but I had other plans for the evening.

I was up at the usual time this morning. After I fed the cat, and came back down the hall, I could have gone right and gone back to bed, or left and got dressed for a workout. I went left. 6 RW miles in 36F temps and those amusing snow flurries. After my warm-up, my challenge to myself today was to improve my pace with each mile. Miles 3 and 4 were the same pace, so I didn't quite nail it. But every other mile was about a 5-10 sec. improvement over the previous mile. I got back to my mailbox at the same time the newspaper delivery guy showed up, so he handed off the "baton" as I headed inside.

Have a greta Friday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good Morning Jay and all to follow!

It's Hudson's fourth birthday today---hurray! He's such a sweet, smart, lovable dog and we are grateful to hopeful4ever Mary for her role in completing our family (well, Hailey and the late Huntley---Hudson's parents too!)

I am in NYC and had the wonderful chance to run in Central Park this morning.I ran for 45 minutes and just enough to get the muscles loose. The marathon stiffness is pretty much gone and the gentle miles felt great. Meetings this morning and then I'll hop on the train and head home for the birthday dog's special day.

Good Luck Mariposa and I am sure all will be great at your race. Those orchards look beautiful!

Good meeting exit Jay----enough is enough!

Happy weekend all. I am flying to London on Monday and just wish I was getting there in time to watch Paula Radcliffe run her swan song marathon. Ah well.  Never said congrats to Holly on a well run marathon after a break in training and surgery. Congrats!

Recovery wishes coming your way Leslie for your colleague....

See you all in May!

King of PhotoShop

So CNY's marathon stiffness is gone 4 days after Boston!  I hate that woman!  Good for you Karin; shows what kind of great shape you are in.

Tselbs thanks for that added content on "Aqua Alta" as it's known.  Very interesting.

Yes Jay, and the weather people are at it again down here. Now that our weather is in the national spotlight they are all jockeying for their 15 minutes, and go on and on about it.  Today is the 3rd day in a row they predict disaster and so far it's been nothing but sporadic t'storms.

The Saint and I got out to the park today, 4 for me and 5 for her, and I wore a hat in case it rained or hailed, which immediately caused the rain to stop abruptly.

I have the day off from work today so I'm going to the library and stock up on books.  Spareribs

Happy Friday ~~

Great pics of MIke's granddaughters yesterday.  Speedy, indeed!

Welcome back, TSelbs.  It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Dave - I have no idea if Spock swam with the whales at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  But nonetheless, it's a great place and I'd love to go back sometime.  Ran my first half marathon in Monterey.

i was green-lighted to try some hamstring strengthening and stretching exercises this weekend, then try an EZ run on Monday.  We'll see what happens.

In the meantime, I'm still attached to the stat bike.  Fairly underwhelming

Enjoy your weekend.  Sunday we go down to Singing Trees to celebrate 4 years of sobriety for The Hub ~

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Mike - love the speedy Mallory pics!

CNYrunner - like Ribs, I am inspired by what great shape you are in, and wish Hudson a Happy Birthday for me.

Leslie - congrats to your DH!

My boss had a birthday today, and he turned 60.  I emailed him a Happy Birthday, and told him how, when runners have a birthday that ends in zero, that means they are entering a new age group, and will be the youngest in that age group, and therefore hope to kick ass at the races.  So, I told him, "Are you ready to kick ass in your new age group?"    He said, "I like your thinking....here I have been looking at it all wrong."

3 miles for me on the TM today, followed by 20 minutes of core and upper body weights.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

...Nice move holly//

........Congratulations CNY//.............very impressive

Nashville Marathon Tomorrow, waiting to see if the Traditional Funnel Cloud passes over the runners

(we need to move that date)

==========

.......30-min bikeride yesterday, 30-min pr nb cf deo

haven't been posting regularly,

one clerk out sick and we're working double,

rest of the day is spent with a TENS UNIT////////

Pickles is getting jealous

..........cannot wait for the hip-replacement.

..........................good running guys.............Enjoy the Gift........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

My boss had a birthday today, and he turned 60.  I emailed him a Happy Birthday, and told him how, when runners have a birthday that ends in zero, that means they are entering a new age group, and will be the youngest in that age group, and therefore hope to kick ass at the races.  So, I told him, "Are you ready to kick ass in your new age group?"    He said, "I like your thinking....here I have been looking at it all wrong."

{{{Tom's Hip}}} {{{Pickles}}}

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hang in there, tomwhite, the end is near! (and I mean that in a totally good way!)

Holly, well played. Perspective is everything, right?

Happy birthday to Hudson (the 4-legged variety), and glad to hear recovery has gone so well, Karin. You truly are in great shape!

Gorgeous day here today! Got out for a nice easy 5.6 mile run in the early afternoon sunshine. Had a lot of freckles when I got back! Probably need to up my sunscreen? I use SPF30 every day in my moisturizer, but maybe that's not enough now.

Holly S. my view exactly!  Ages ending in 5 help out too!

evanflein you must have very sensitive skin.  This early in the spring I can still go out for long runs without sunscreen and hardly show any color.

Got up, looked at the temperature, saw winter had returned and took a shower.    On the plus side, I got some work done instead of run.  On the down side I got home and ran pretty late in late winter temperatures and weather.  Cloudy, cold and windy.  Where is my warm weather?  

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

C-R

That's great jay. Make them value your time as much as they would their own.

CNY = running rock star

Age in perspective Holly. Good one.

TW - I hope that hip is just what you need. Your determination is something special.

Meetings in Nashville - long drive home - had to do all the yard work thanks to the impending rains and then a nice 4.5 miles at a brisk pace. Legs felt good. ready for the next training cycle.

Have a great one.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

just dropping in real quick to say hi.

I went 4 miles, tonight, then went out for dinner with Debbie.

That's it.  Gotta go.  See ya!