Masters Running

Just joining the group (Read 348 times)

Welcome tleeberry! I'm 61, so a bit toward the high end of the group, but we're all the same age when it comes to our atttitudes here. You'll fit right in.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Welcome, tleeberry! Feel free to join us over at 40's on the Run. We're all in our 40's - plus or minus a year or two Wink - and are a very encouraging, enthusiastic group. We have long time runners, new runners, and everything in between.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Welcome! A good place to start is to begin posting your runs on the daily thread. This is sort of a running commentary/conversation, as well, and helps us get to know you. Feel free to start a thread everytime you have a question, as well. There is a huge amount of wisdom here, and I've had lots and lots of my questions answered by these wonderful folks.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Welcome tleeberry! You will find a bunch of nice people in varying degrees of running ability and talent. However, they all share in the desire to run and stay on track with goals, etc. The accountability to post your miles when you run is helpful. To read what others are going through also forms a support action for your own running as you try ideas and share in struggles that others have. Jump in and share anytime you get the chance. Your friend must be smart, intelligent, good looking and all the other things that I am.
          Vista
            Welcome aboard....we are glad you have you amongst us...
            spacityrunner

Tlee...you have picked a great bunch of folks to hang around with...except for that Vista, you gotta watch out for him Wink (just kidding Vista ) I've been running off and on for the last 4 or so years. I am not a fast runner, but I love running. I found this community a year ago and it has helped me to stay focused. Hope you find the same benefits. Post often.

Trails Rock!

Ah, tee, you need to run to keep up with your life! Shocked I'm in awe--teaching, 2 pt jobs and teens......pshew! I think we'll be asking you for advice, are you kidding? Welcome! When's your next race, and what distance? grins, A
                Masters 2000 miles
                  Aamos, I do indeed feel like my life is a perpetual race sometimes. Unfortunately, the daily grind is not enough to keep me in shape and help me lose weight. That's where the need to schedule in running time becomes necessary. I, too, am not a fast runner. My only goal in any race I have ever run is simply to finish, and perhaps better my time from the last time I ran the same race. My next scheduled race is not until the first weekend in June...a 5K. Depending on how well I do there, I will train most of the summer to run in late September...not sure if I will go conservative and enter the 4 mile portion of that race, or really push and enter the 10-miler. Sure would like to complete the 10-miler, but it all depends on my summer training schedule. Vista, my friend is ALL that and a lot more!