Masters Running

Charlevoix (MI) Marathon - Sat, June 27, 2015 (Read 61 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

The house is reserved for Thursday through Saturday night.  I will be driving up from Ohio, 7 hours or so, I think, so probably arriving in late afternoon, depending on Tara, who is riding with me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

At some point, we should compare arrival times and all, yes?

Think we should also have someone collect cell phone numbers and then send out a list? Text messaging would probably be the best way to contact one another and find out what's happening when & where. We're staying at the AmericInn Friday & Saturday night.

I have a couple of email addresses, mainly Holly and TomS and what is probably an outdated one for Amy (not sure when and why I got those). If someone is collecting those, mine is doug at wdgordon dot com.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

SteveP

OK, cancelled the AmeriInn reservation, so bunking in with y'all.

At some point, we should compare arrival times and all, yes?

37 days, less than that for the actual meet up!

Would you like to be picked up from the airport? We can head straight to Charlevoix Thursday night..

SteveP

Sayhey! MM#130

you betcha!  I can hang out until whenever.  So I'll be the female short haired human carrying a sign that says TAG, ok?  And a cape if I can swing it.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Slo

Alrighty...

This has been a yoyo for me, not knowing if I have a travel partner or not. Finally arrived at a forced decision...DW couldn't get the weekend off.

I will be coming alone...Does Perch still need a room? I can bring an air mattress as well.

My tentative plans are to travel thursday. It's just shy of 8 hours so I'm looking at arriving somewhere between 6 and 8pm.

My goal for the weekend is to laugh a lot, drink some beer, run the half without walking and leave with a big smile on my face. Shoudln't be to difficult.

Dave59

It's a 2 hour and 38 minute drive from here so I'll be coming up Friday.

Slo

Oops...I said Perch. It was Dave.

So looking forward to this!

Marathon Maniac #957

So I'll be the female short haired human carrying a sign that says TAG, ok?  And a cape if I can swing it.

I do think that Perch said he and DW were coming, but we haven't heard much from him since.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I do think that Perch said he and DW were coming, but we haven't heard much from him since.

I'll rattle his chain if I see him this weekend. He's really been caught up in this running-streak thing.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Perch is coming but not DW

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Sayhey! MM#130

It's a 2 hour and 38 minute drive from here so I'll be coming up Friday.

sure it's not 2 hours and 42 minutes?

Yay, Perch is coming!

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave - MapQuest said it was a 2.5 hour drive from Boston Airport to Brownsville, VT, but Friday afternoon traffic added THREE additional hours to our commute.

Hi Perch!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

It's a 4 hr drive so I'll drive up Friday morning and leave Sunday.

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Sayhey! MM#130

Dave - MapQuest said it was a 2.5 hour drive from Boston Airport to Brownsville, VT, but Friday afternoon traffic added THREE additional hours to our commute.

Hi Perch!

Having lived in both Michigan and Massachusetts, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that NW MI traffic may be a little less intense than Boston rush hour traffic from Logan--not to mention Boston drivers are the worst whereas Michiganders are car savvy .

Dave59

Having lived in both Michigan and Massachusetts, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that NW MI traffic may be a little less intense than Boston rush hour traffic from Logan--not to mention Boston drivers are the worst whereas Michiganders are car savvy .

We know how to drive up here, but you have to watch out for the Ohio drivers.  It is no accident that we had to watch videos from the Ohio State Police during driver's ed training.  They were gruesome videos meant to scare new drivers to be careful. It wasn't until driving through Ohio that I found out why they were the source of all the training videos.