Masters Running

Friday, July 11 Here-Comes-the-Weekend Runs, etc. (Read 457 times)

Holly, I want you to be my mom too! Or maybe you can just be my kid's mom! I just spent some time marathon shopping. Then I printed out a marathon training schedule. Please stop me now! Please remind me of how I felt at mile 22 when I almost puked. You all have a greta weekend!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #3309

Steve, thanks for the pictures, you both look awesome...well atleast her, lol 2 miles feeling "clunky"... that's what I have to look forward to the day before my first Marathon??? Good luck Steve, as I will be thinking about how awesome your race will be...can't wait for the RR. No pictures...sigh, lol. Have a wonderful night all. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

I just spent some time marathon shopping. Then I printed out a marathon training schedule. Please stop me now! Please remind me of how I felt at mile 22 when I almost puked.
        Sorry if I ever put in your head that marathon running is fun Evil grin Congratulations for your next journey!!!!!!!!1 I am proud of you sistahhhhhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh...I think the training is fun, the race is what's gonna be hard....HEY, I signed up, you have to also!!...puking is optional, ,lol. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

dg.

7/12 Mariposai - Run the Sun trail run, Winthrop, WA 7/12 JJJessee - Grandfather Mt Marathon, Boone NC 7/12 perchcreek - Grandfather Mt Marathon, Boone NC 7/12 mgerwein - Lightfoot Summer Series 7 Miler, Norwalk, CT 7/12 Fortunate One - Midnight Madness 10K, Ames, IA 7/12 tetsujin - Cougar Mountain Trail Series 10-miler, WA (thongs) 7/12 tselbs - 8K in Port Austin, MI 7/12 Fatozzig - Siskiyou Out and Back (S.O.B.) 50k, Mount Ashland, OR Good luck!!!! Perch & JJJ...... HYDRATE. hope the weather's ok for you.