Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 06/05 (Read 276 times)

It saddens Norwegians that America still honors the Italian Columbus, who arrived late in the New World and by accident, who wasn't even interested in New Worlds but only in spices. Out on a spin in search of curry powder and hot peppers- a man on a voyage to the grocery- he stumbled onto the land of heroic Vikings and proceeded to get the credit for it. And then to name it 'America' after Amerigo Vespucci, an Italian who never saw the New World but only sat in Italy and drew incredibly inaccurate maps of it. By rights, it should be called Erica, after Eric the Red, who did the work five hundred years earlier. The United States of Eri[k]a, Eri[k]a the Beautiful, The Eri[k]an League.

------------------------------------------

OPie - 35.1 miles running, yogaing

Evanflein - 44 miles run, 4 miles elliptical, 2.1 miles walked, 35 minutes strength training and [marathon] of garden work

Shadowrunner - 21.3 miles running, 10.4 miles biking, 2.25 hrs free weighting, 220 push-upping, 180 inclined sit-upping

BTY - 33.5 miles running

fatozzig - 120 min pool running, 90 min stationary biking, 110 min core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

DAY PLANNED POOL RUN STAT BIKE CORE/STRENGTH COMMENTS
      Mon Core/Strength; Bike   40 min 1 hour A good, hard workout.  Even my fingers are pooped!
      Tues Pool Run-Core Combined 1 hour     Good, hard workout, including arms and core
      Wed Bike; Core/Strength     1 hr C/ST Will "ride" when I get home tonight
      Thurs  Pool Run-Core Combined Bike   45 min   Will pool run after my hair cut tomorrow
      Fri Core/Strength; Bike Pool Run 50 min   30 min core/ST; 5 min core specific at the pool They've raised the rates at the pool.  Bummer. Undecided
      Sat Bike; Core       I suck.
      Sun Rest       Double suck.
      Total   110 min 85 min 150 min  

Hoping this week I'll be able to add walking to the program.

I miss walking.

I miss running.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

Hey Leslie, change that "c" to a "k" and then we're talking! That's the Scandinavian way of spelling it anyway. Big grin

Full final taper week this week, but I will be doing a couple days in the garden to finish up before we leave on Thursday.

Monday: Many hours in the garden...

Tuesday: 3.6 miles run, .6 mile walk, another hour or so finishing up the garden

Wednesday: 5.5 mile run, .6 mile walk

Thursday: Travel Day, drove to Anchorage, no run

Friday: Travel Day, flew to Portland, drove to Newport/Florence, OR

Saturday: 26.2 Newport Marathon (new PR of 3:30:49) Smile

Sunday: Travel Day (drove back to Portland, flew to Phoenix)

Totals: 35.3 miles run, 1.2 miles walked, gardening and lots of travel time

Monday-ran 5k Memorial day race 33:10, warm up  for 4 miles

Tuesday - off

wed-3 miles 33 min.  1 hour weights

Thurs- 4.4 miles 47:30

Fri- weights 1 hour

Sat worked on roof/ no runs

Sunday 5.4 miles 59 min.

BTY

Recovering from a race on Saturday this week, and hoping not to fall too far back in the weekly mileage department. Nothing of quality for a few days yet.

Monday..................................................AM Stretch, PM 5.7 miles recovery to easy pace

Tuesday..................................................AM Stretch, squats, PM 5.5 miles recovery pace

Wednesday.............................................AM Stretch, pushups, bicycle crunches PM 4 to 5 6.0 miles

Thursday.................................................AM stretch, squats, PM 5 to 6.0 miles

Friday......................................................AM Stretch, pushups, PM 3 to 5 6.0 miles incl 1200 m Cruise Interval

Saturday..................................................AM Stretch, 8.5 miles easy

Sunday....................................................Rest  AM Stretch, pushups, squats

Total Plan................33 miles

Execution.................37.7 miles

15 miles total for me this week.

Thanks Lesli.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM