Masters Running

Friday's Daily: From right around the same vicinity that Jay starts from (Read 42 times)

Holly S. glad you have a diagnosis even if it is what you basically already knew.

No run for me today seeing as yesterday was 18.  Plus, today it is brutally cold out!  When I woke up it was in the single digits.  Tomorrow I think I may try to do some tempo miles.  I sure hope it will be warmer whatever I end up doing!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Leslie, that would be me.

Ras - I sent you a message.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

I signed up for a mini tri this Sunday. It's not age categorized so I don't stand a chance against all of the hard bodied 20 and 30-somethings. But it will be fun. I think. Will let you know how things turn out.

Sound like fun, but please tell me there will be no open-water swimming.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Henrun

Holly, I agree with your standing up for overuse of medical testing. Marj always does. However, as a retired physician I can see the other side. Medical malpractice suits are a reality and the physician who misses a diagnosis for lack of testing is in deep doo doo.

Jay, rest up and don't let that cold get worse.

My DD is stabilized and doing better but she's still in ICU. We're getting daily calls from my SIL and we're flying out there for a few days in a couple of weeks.

This morning I 'overdressed' for the cold and did 2 miles+ and some errands on the way home. Did yoga at the Y this afternoon.

BTW, Holly, my gait is so strange that I found using the elliptical is much better for me than the TM.

Have a good weekend all.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

nice breeze off the Arabian Gulf.

mikemp - that's a pretty strong wind to get all the way to Japan or do you mean Tokyo Bay?

no wonder you got up too late to start the daily.

holly/jeanne - I loved our swim(pool) / ski / run ones in the winter, especially the time I was the only one stup,....  I mean brave enough to schussboom down all the rain-frozen icy descents on x-c skis for the only win of my life. viva la hiver. .

ps leslie - get unphotoshopped photo proof that mikemp was ever overweight.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Sound like fun, but please tell me there will be no open-water swimming.....

No, no, no! It's inside. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid

Sayhey! MM#130

Yay Holly, echoing what's been said.  I just hope and wish you will heal quickly.  Maybe knowing the doc doesn't think stress fracture will help you ease up a teensy bit and let all those healing vibes happen.

Leslie, thanks so much, I am going to check out Olga King!

enke, yup, I was sent to Mississippi when I was in Teach For America, about 150 miles north of New Orleans.  After that, I moved to Ft. Myers, FL so I can argue with Bryll as to who has more H&H every day.  He's so much fun to natter at, don't you think.?

henrun, keep us posted on your DD, please.

Jlynne, impressed, even without open water.  One of these days, I'm going to do what I need to do (start with swim lessons) so I can do a tri.  A running friend here does them, so I have close hand inspiration.  She's an Indiana native and a journalist and lots of fun to be with.

Hope you all have good weekends.  I did 6 slow ones this morning and 2 faster ones at lunch.

Oh, and the best news:  Baseball has begun!  The Sox played Northeastern and BC yesterday.  Pedey's on second, all's right with the world.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

No, no, no! It's inside. I might be dumb, but I'm not stupid

...I'll mail you $5 if you PoolRun it..........

which

might nullify the ''not stupid'' part...but it WOULD be Funny.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

I will say that it is my primary care physician who fuels my idea that much unnecessary testing is ordered these days.  A couple years ago I was suffering from stomach pain, which most physicians seem to immediately order an endoscopy for, but my dr. instead actually had a conversation with me....(!)..he decided to first try a short round of acid reflux meds....two weeks later I was fine and stopped the meds, made a few changes in my diet and no recurrence.  I think it is better to have the conversation first, THEN decide what tests need to be done.

Poor DH is down with the stomach flu, and quite miserable.  I am torn between wanting to wipe every surface with antibacterial wipes, and thinking, I am just one stomach flu away from my perfect weight....

DS headed out to visit friends, so I gave DD a manicure and pedicure.  Now, since I have the TV remote (for once), I will catch up on Downton Abby.....Good times, for sure...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

usandtoto-2@msn.com

mikemp - that's a pretty strong wind to get all the way to Japan or do you mean Tokyo Bay?

no wonder you got up too late to start the daily.

Tet - Presently I'm in Bahrain.  Be here for another week, hen home for 2 weeks, then to Yokosuka, Japan for 12 days.  Sue and I will move to Yokosuka, Japan in July.

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

Poor DH is down with the stomach flu, and quite miserable.  I am torn between wanting to wipe every surface with antibacterial wipes, and thinking, I am just one stomach flu away from my perfect weight....

With me, it is more like 3 or 4 or 5 stomach flus, and dammit, I can't seem to get sick no matter how many shopping cart handles I lick or crowded busses I get on.  Maybe I should go visit a day care? 

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

BTY

No run today as life got in the way, but weekly mileage is finally approaching 20 on a regular basis once again.  And although I took "off" about 10 days this past month my Fabruary miles were nearly as plentiful as any month in the past year.  I will probably never come close to the 160 miles per month as I once did several years back, but hope to be able to get back to, and then maintain the 80 - 100 miles per month that seem to be optimal for my physical health and mental well being.  It'll be a whole lot more enjoyable when it's 50 degrees or warmer instead of the 15 to 25 degrees many of us have been enduring for months now.

Happy March all.

Maniac 505

With me, it is more like 3 or 4 or 5 stomach flus, and dammit, I can't seem to get sick no matter how many shopping cart handles I lick or crowded busses I get on.  Maybe I should go visit a day care? 

Enke:  Surely  You can find some micro critters in your lab that would serve that function if that is what you really wanted.  somehow I don't think that is what you really wish for.

Enke and Holly -

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Enke:  Surely  You can find some micro critters in your lab that would serve that function if that is what you really wanted.  somehow I don't think that is what you really wish for.

or you could come to Sunday's Spring-Run-for-Fun Marathon (or 5mi / 10mi / 13.1mi options) around the same Redmond watershed that features a 12-hour ultra in May, . . . perfect for a first 50K.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)