Masters Running

What, No One Started the Wednesday Daily Yet? (Read 471 times)

Sorry about your friend, Twocat.  I like the consistency in those splits, Mariposai!

I was so excited to find a package from Brooks when I got home.  Along with a present for DW, it had my Ghost 3 shoes.  I packed them in my gym bag had a great run on the treadmill.  7 miles with fartlek halfway through.  This was a workout Tinman gave me when I first started training with him.  10 x 1-min. @5k effort with 1-min. recovery jogs.  Yes, even the treadmill is fun with this run.  I feel like a million bucks!

mta-thanks Tammy but you were supposed to say, you look like a million bucks, too!  Seriously, I forgot to mention something: during the speedy bits I liked the fast foot turnover, 180 cadence, which I know because I had one of those podrunner.com downloads going at 180 bpm.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

Excellent workout tonight Nancy! Those are excellent speed and look at that consistency! and then when you notice that you only took 100 m recoveries, well, that's all the more impressive. good job!

DosGatos: so sorry to hear that news. On the one hand, it's great your friend lived so much longer than was ever anticipated, but even when you know the end is near it never really makes it any easier to say goodbye. Hope you have a good visit with him.

just a short walk with the pups tonight. Tomorrow we start school.

eta: posted at the same time as Opie. Nice run for you too! My new shoes were delivered to the office that I'll be working in tomorrow. I can't wait to try them on!

Tammy

Maniac 505

dave - strongly recommend you go for a 20-22 mile run tonight before it's too late and you have to start tapering.

Not only is nancy going to beat you by a mile, if not more, but her DS and I  might catch up to you too.

maybe do another 20 miles tomorrow too.

Tet:

No chance of a long run during my work week.  I am taking the day  off from running because I am feeling just a little beat up after my last 3 days of medium long runs (but it is all a good pain)

I am pretty sure Nancy will be WAY ahead of me at light, and that is really a good thing.  I might be ahead of Nancy"S DS but depends on how you coached him).  and I might well ramp it up a bit to see if I can get ahead of that old guy with the rib in a couple of months.  we will see.

evanflein

So sorry Twocat... yes, even when you know it's coming, it's never easy. I hope your visit with him is good. Safe travels to you.

Wow Nancy, how cool was that? Nice work, GF. And yes, I'm hoping you have an excellent race soon.

Opie, nice run for you, too. You've sure got the excitement back, that's for sure. It's a joy to read your posts; your joy in these runs comes shining through!

{{SteveP}} just because.

Today I thought it'd be fun to run the trail loop from my office where I go out the first 5 miles of the Equinox course, then connect with the ultra loop to go back to the start. The evening was perfect for a run and the there were a LOT of runners out there! (and dogs) I started out pretty well, but felt tired on the hills. Am I really in such bad hill shape? Or was I still feeling yesterday's trail run (which had felt really good)? I dunno, but I took several breaks to rest a bit (30 seconds or so) and then went on. I don't check my pace during the run, so saw afterwards that just about all my miles were faster than usual. Figures. So much for running by effort. I remember feeling like I was just dragging along, but I was really moving pretty well. If I'd backed off a bit, I'd have enjoyed the run much more. I'm chalking this up to just not enough hilly trail runs this year. It takes awhile to get used to running the trails and the effort involved. 

The Equinox web site was updated today. Turns out all the talk of changing the ultra was right.... They're going to make it more like a 60k this year, maybe as much as 40 miles. I don't think I'm up for that. 

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Oooh Avenger Doggie, that sounds like a very fun ladder!  Smile

I went and ran on a giant hill last night.  Up and down and up and down the hill, and it was hot and I ran for 6 and half miles, up and down, and up and down, and did I remember to mention that it was hot?   Blush

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)