Masters Running

Jlynne's 2012 Running (and not) Awards (Read 297 times)

I've been doing a lot of reminiscing about the ups and downs of 2012 and you can tell I have way too much time on my hands Big grin  So without further ado, here are my 2012 RA Awards in both the running and non-running categories:

Comeback of the Year:  Twocat. Even though you've had some issues with that ankle again lately, you had an impressive return to running in 2012.

Rookie of the Year: OM. Hired a trainer, got faster, and embraced running with everything she had.

Marathon Maniac of the Year: Carolyn. Who runs her first marathon, then runs like three more in a one month period? And at high altitudes? And runs each one faster than the one before?

Best Dog Award: Could there even be any competition? Avenger Dog, hands down.

All Around Nice Guy Award: Tie between Tselbs and Tom W. You guys always had nice things to say about everyone (ok, well - there is that issue with the ladies in the pool and the geese)

Most Interesting Family:  Slo. Wouldn't we all love to be invited to a Schmidty weekend?

Best Running Family:  Spareribs. The pictures of you and Prime Rib and Spare Tire? The best.

Best Runner in Any Type of Weather: Erika. Any arguments from anyone?

Best Mom: Holly. She gets up early to get workouts in so she can bake cookies, make costumes, quiz for tests.... Her kids come first.

Best Dad:  Mike.  Whether it's running with Ryan (did he mention how much he loves doing that?) or helping kids get drivers licenses, take to work, take home from work, helping with grandkids. A tough act to follow.

Most Interesting Stories for 2012: A two-award year for Mike. He had some great ones (see just about any of the dailies this year Smile)

Longevity Awards:  Henrun and Marj. They continue to battle back from injury and never stop amazing us.

Best Go-To Guy for Running Advice:  Spareribs. He's been doing this a long time, you know.

Most Consistant:  A lot of names come to mind, but I think Tramps gets this award. He doesn't miss a day too often.

Best Pictures:  Troy. It would be almost impossible to match the beauty of those pictures taken out of his plane this year.

Best Running Attire:  Steve. How many Batman shirts, last count?

Best Christmas Gift Giver in 2012: Bill. (See the video he posted after Christmas)

Newbie Award:  Drake. We're going to really like having him here.  And I'm not just saying that because he's a Packer fan either Big grin

Most Reliable Daily Forum Starter and Earliest Riser Award: Jay. You also get my vote for the most descriptive tales of your runs. Thanks for getting us started every day.

Most Missed in 2012:  Mary. I miss her pond pictures and dog stories. I hope she comes back in 2013.

I wish there were cash and prizes to be distributed, but maybe next year....

...Thanks jylnne//.............the Awards are always a GoodRead...........

be sure

to award yourself a ''Don't Ever Skip Reading Their Post'' Award.

ps

tselbs is MUCH nicer

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Wow..thank you...I'm very honored...although, I know 8 kids who would, probably, disagree with you...

evanflein

Thanks, JLynne, greta list, but the way I've been wearing out my treadmill this winter there could be some question....

I miss Mary, too.

mrrun

Thanks Jlynne.  but you get an award also for the most welcoming in a not cold at all climate! we had a blast at your house, with your family and the other folks up in May

marj

an amazing likeness

I know she won't toot her own horn...but I really believe there needs to be something in some awards category for Ileneforward. Her body of work in 2012 includes...

4 Marathons

12 half marathons

9 10K

7 5K

...and a bunch of other odd distances for 42 races and over 390 miles of racing. 2250+ total miles for 2012. And she keeps the Intrepid Racers lists going here.

Wow.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Bushrat Runner

Wow, I feel honored to be on the list! Very cool, and fun to read through as it brings back stories from the year.

Thanks, jlynne.  What a nice post.

TomS

Marathon Maniac #957

Thanks, Jlynne - I love this!  There should be a category for you, though:

Most Giving: Jlynne - who volunteers in her community quite a lot.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

Best Running Attire:  Steve. How many Batman shirts, last count?

I quit counting at 80 and am currently looking into a 12 step self help program.

Jlynne, you are absolutely one of a kind. Tag would accept a stick or ice cream and is currently taunting me because he rated highr on your list.

SteveP

C-R

Big Like!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I'm honored to make the list.Wink

Thanks!

I agree with Holly re JLynne.  You're a wonderful person. Smile

And Ilene!  Wow!!

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Jlynne very sweet of you to do this for which you get the board sweetie award in my book.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

janie b good

ileneforward... just now reading about your running "body of work for 2012"...   WOW!  <3

goodness is its own reward; for more tangible outcomes, you need to try badness.