Masters Running

Thursday runs & stuff ,weather you liked it or not (Read 533 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I think I'm feeling a bit aimless.
    dear my first goddess (at the 2005 SM with divechief if you recall too) - thank you for your update and story. We can only hope you get an occasional few more minutes now and then for posting and for your stories and more articles too. However, with regard to the suggestion from someone we admire as much for his own thoughtfulness and kindnesses as for his athletic accomplishments, even though he says he's doing more half marys (and even some 5K's), he also does other distances, sometimes inadvertently, that seem to provide an immense satisfaction (in spite of his attempts purporting otherwise) that might be running-life changing if you could try some too. In fact, if you and dh can come out a week early for the June Rock'n'Roll, dea francesca and I might have an ideal warm-up idea, something about the 20th Century, . . . I think. <>100K/100K)>>>. It needs a liesurely, relaxed recreational pace that, since it's all on a descending rail-to-trails route, frank might like it too. He can run with me if you're too fast.Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mariposai

7 easzy miles @ 9:50 on the friendly mill after work. This one was hard, not the pace, but mentally it was hard to run inside when my heart and my feet wanted sooooooo badly to be outside. Aimless AAmos,maybe you can go to run marathon Paraguay with me next time I go downthere. Wink. We can then hop on the plaine and run one in Argentina and another one in Brazil.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Intervals with the group I coach tonight. For some reason the snowy, cold weather frightens people or maybe it's me the crazy coach...very few people tonight Workout was 3k warm up Then it was supposed to be 12X500 with 1 minute rest at sub 5k pace. I ended up doing 14X500 to compensate for those that did not make it out..I guess I should have done a few more but I was tired. Two K cool down.... No group intervals until second week of January...but I will still be out there. No quit in this crazy guy. Hammy or whatever it is felt better tonight but I will be squishing that foam roller tonight. Now for some chicken, salad and maybe a beer. Big storm over the coming 4 days, talk of a couple of feet of snow. Guess I will be snowshoe running...which I love Have a great night Tall _________________

Recent Best times: None recently

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks Twocat...I did print that off, and and it's on my fridge. Thanks Tet, really. Lame, sooo sorry, sooo sorry about your back! Well, thanks to everyone. Did not heed the Doc's advice tonight. 1.5 hours of pool running, 30 minutes of lap swimming, and 45 minutes of wieght work tonight...oh well... T

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

ya rebel! Tongue

Tammy

evanflein

Yeah, Tim. The only reason he told you not to was because of the symptoms it causes. It may bother your skin and sinuses, but it's still the best thing for your foot. And I think it's fun how a few people have asked "Hey, where's Tall?" and lookie who shows up! Wow... this is an amazing time of year. I get paid tomorrow and my check is already gone, finished off with a $200 trip to the grocery store tonight after work! And you can tell the house was really out of food, because it "absorbed" all that stuff with hardly a trace. Where'd it all go??

Marathon Maniac #3309

Yeah, Tim. The only reason he told you not to was because of the symptoms it causes. It may bother your skin and sinuses, but it's still the best thing for your foot.
                Geez, I have to weigh out the good and the bad of pool work...I feel absolutely horrible this morning, like I have a super bad cold with sneezing - sore throat - watering eyes - stuffed up nose - and itching all over. Staying is somewhat shape... VS... my symptoms.............hard call to make, but I can't go on feeling like this for 6 weeks or so. Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!